No announcement yet.

Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a million trillion plus infinity?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      What about a million trillion plus infinity?
      I'd do that deal
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I actually like this trade that will probably not happen
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

NO, even if he would be healthy at the start of the season. Only one Bayless at PG, are you kidding me? Deng is at the same level like Jose, and Jose is expiring contract, we give them 8 pick for 29...
          (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
            NO, even if he would be healthy at the start of the season. Only one Bayless at PG, are you kidding me? Deng is at the same level like Jose, and Jose is expiring contract, we give them 8 pick for 29...
            For the sake of argument, trading Calderon does not mean that Bayless is our PG. There would be other moves made in addition to this hypothetical trade.

But in general, I agree that this move doesn't help the Raptors.

Comment

That trade would be a steal for the Bulls. The PG position is a severe need for the Bulls. This and Jose's capability/value which I believe is maybe just below Deng's if not equal to makes the rest of the deal a swap of #8 and #29. We also get the pleasure of absorbing 2 (not so cheap) years of Deng's contract as opposed to the 1 expiring and more absorbable one of Jose's.

I'll drive BC to the airport.

Chad F.should really stop brain farting in public forums.

Comment

Most (including myself) would say that Gay is clearly the superior player. But who was the all-star this year? Oh yeah.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  For the sake of argument, trading Calderon does not mean that Bayless is our PG. There would be other moves made in addition to this hypothetical trade.

But in general, I agree that this move doesn't help the Raptors.
                  How doesn't having an all star ace wing defender in the prime of his career help the Raptors?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    That trade would be a steal for the Bulls. The PG position is a severe need for the Bulls. This and Jose's capability/value which I believe is maybe just below Deng's if not equal to makes the rest of the deal a swap of #8 and #29. We also get the pleasure of absorbing 2 (not so cheap) years of Deng's contract as opposed to the 1 expiring and more absorbable one of Jose's.

I'll drive BC to the airport.

Chad F.should really stop brain farting in public forums.
                    Its not a bad trade if the picks are left out of it. BC has to be sure Nash will sign on.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      How doesn't having an all star ace wing defender in the prime of his career help the Raptors?
                      The Raptors' runs a flex offense that's heavily reliant on the UCLA cut. It doesn't allow for much spontaneity in plays.

Luol Deng, however, thrives in a system where he can exploit his many talents at will: driving to the basket, posting up, spotting. That being said, I don't think he'll be able to replicate his success in Chicago here due to our rigid offense.

Comment

Leave the picks out of it and I'm a go.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Deng is vastly underrated on these forums (based on the comments I have read in the past few weeks). I am not a huge fan of this particular trade (haven't been excited about any trade that costs us the 8th pick this year); however, I would argue that Deng is a much bigger part of the culture of winning in Chicago than Gay was/is in Memphis.
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Finally, a semblance of sanity has appeared in this thread. Thank you, good sir. I would make this trade in a HEARTBEAT, and I think Casey would have multiple orgasms if BC pulled the trigger. But, that being said, I don't have a clue about the severity of Deng's injury nor his prognosis. My feelings are based solely on Deng pre-surgery.

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                              Deng is vastly underrated on these forums (based on the comments I have read in the past few weeks). I am not a huge fan of this particular trade (haven't been excited about any trade that costs us the 8th pick this year); however, I would argue that Deng is a much bigger part of the culture of winning in Chicago than Gay was/is in Memphis.
                              +1

Raps taking declining assets for a solid blue chip prospect? WTF

lets be mediocre now and forgo being great later! (NOT)
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

If I sit on the board of MLSE or ROGERS/BELL and Brian Colangelo tries to get approval for a deal like this.

I fire his a$$ faster than you can say fredJonesKaponoHibbertHedoBargsLamarcusBosh-for-nothing

Do I do this deal?
                                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                                X