Who would you rather....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather....

In a round about kind of way, we essentially traded Ed Davis for Patrick Patterson.

Both came out of the 2010 draft with Davis going 13th and Patterson 14th.

Davis has long gotten love from Raps fans still, and Patterson is the new toy in the chest.

So if you could swap them out for the other, who would you rather have?

How the stats line-up for this year
    Per Game
    Davis 17MPG 55.7% FG, 4.5 RPG, 6.9 PPG
    PP 23 MPG 46.7% FG, 5.3 RPG, 8.5 PPG + 3P% of 34.6%

Per 36
    Davis 14.3 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 1.5 BPG
    PP 13.3 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 1.1 SPG

Stats via:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...tepa01&y2=2014
    Ed Davis
    0.00%
    Patrick Patterson
    100.00%
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Patman!

Comment

Assuming they'd both be backup PF, I like the scoring punch that Patterson provides (especially as a stretch-4 who can also play closer to the basket), in addition to rebounding.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Assuming they'd both be backup PF, I like the scoring punch that Patterson provides (especially as a stretch-4 who can also play closer to the basket), in addition to rebounding.
        Free to assume anything. I'm just curious because Boss Davis got a lot of love on here and Patterson has been getting a lot lately too.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I was never as high on Ed as most people seem to be.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Patterson provides the team with shooting/scoring from our front court. Davis is a little redundant on the roster because Amir and Psycho T do the same things as Davis. So right now Patterson. Long term who knows? Best case scenario is an upgrade at PF that is a solid scoring option. If that is the case Davis coming off the bench as the third big is probably a better fit.

Comment

This is like choosing children and i refuse to vote
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                I was never as high on Ed as most people seem to be.
                I never quite understood it either. He's fine but he's just an interchangeable bench guy. People seemed to think he was going to turn into Tim Duncan if he could just get more PT. It got a little silly. Why is there even a thread on this? Why did I bother posting?

Comment

With a heavy heart, I have to say Patterson. Just does a little bit of everything pretty well.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    This is like choosing children and i refuse to vote
                    haha there's the heart strings I was pulling for

Comment

I'd go with Patterson.

He provides a different skill set.

Davis is not all that different from what you get from JV, Amir, Hansbrough, and Hayes.

Comment

My impression is that 2Pat provides more on the defensive end. And his offensive skill set seems more polished.

I was always puzzled by the Ed love on this forum. I mean, he seemed to try pretty hard, and has some nice games, but 2Pat seems to bring it more, every game, kind of like Amir. Davis seemed to fade away in some games.

Comment

When Patterson pulls up for a jump shot, I expect it to go in. When Davis pulls up for one, I pray that it goes in. Considering that Patterson's defense is better than what I expected, it makes him the obvious choice, for me anyway.

Comment

i trust pattersons jumper over DD. and he has a 3 point shot. i take patman.

Comment

I loved the Boss, but Pat-Pat is much more versatile and I think he's got a higher ceiling.

Davis looks like he'll never be able to shoot much. He plays like a ground-bound 7 footer (ex. Asik), but he doesn't quite have the size or lane intimidation. But he also doesn't have the mobility or shooting range of more mobile bigs. He's sort of a tweener.

Pat-Pat's got the range and mobility to stretch it out to the perimeter on the offensive end and to he's a quick defender. He's also got enough bulk and strength to handle some size in the post.

One thing the Raps are still missing is a lane-intimidating shot blocker. I hope JV develops in that area. Utah's quick guards really exposed the lack of rim protection the Raps have, especially if Amir's slightly hobbled (which he always seems to be mid-season).
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X