This GIF of Bargnani Sums Up His Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    You're right. It shouldn't matter that he was fouled because the mistake was made at half court by not giving up the ball.

Fundamentals schmundamentals.
    Yeah, because we should expect that 7 footers running the break down the floor with defenders in pursuit, have great cross court PG passing skills in their fundamental skill set, like ummmmmmmmmmmmm, oh wait, most couldn't even dribble down the court without tripping over themselves.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      Yeah, because we should expect that 7 footers running the break down the floor with defenders in pursuit, have great cross court PG passing skills in their fundamental skill set, like ummmmmmmmmmmmm, oh wait, most couldn't even dribble down the court without tripping over themselves.
      We shouldn't be expecting 7 footers to be "running the break" at all. That's what outlet passes are for.

Give up the ball to someone who knows how to dribble, and run the lanes like you're taught to in grade school.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
        he was looking at derozan for the pass, monte was just waiting for him to take his eyes off the ball
        I'm glad someone else noticed that, because the posting of this thread, and the comments indicate ignorance of it as well as the foul, but I'm looking forward to similar threads of perceived bone head plays by Gay and Lowry that have occurred in pretty much every game.

Comment

We shouldn't be expecting 7 footers to be "running the break" at all. That's what outlet passes are for.

Give up the ball to someone who knows how to dribble, and run the lanes like you're taught to in grade school.
          But according to your rants, neither player that he could have possibly passed to "knows how to dribble", or are you going to do one of your infamous flip flops on them now?

Comment

But according to your rants, neither player that he could have possibly passed to "knows how to dribble", or are you going to do one of your infamous flip flops on them now?
            lol, desperately trying to "catch" me, but continuing to fail miserably. Classic p00ka.

DeRozan is a poor ball-handler for a shooting guard. But he's miles ahead of Bargnani...especially on the break. The fact that you need this explained to you tells me just how little you know about the sport you love to harp about.

Comment

lol, desperately trying to "catch" me, but continuing to fail miserably. Classic p00ka.

DeRozan is a poor ball-handler for a shooting guard. But he's miles ahead of Bargnani...especially on the break. The fact that you need this explained to you tells me just how little you know about the sport you love to harp about.
              Flip flopping away, but seeing as the problem wasn't the dribbling up the floor, it's a moot point. Now back to your original "catchy" point: what was that about fundamentals of 7 footers having PG like passing skills while being chased down the court?

Comment

Sigh....this is the last thing I'll say about this topic.

Give up the ball early to increase the chances of a successful fast break. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Comment

Sigh....this is the last thing I'll say about this topic.

Give up the ball early to increase the chances of a successful fast break. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
                  And quite obvious,,,, if you're a simpleton that relies on cliches more than the actual in game circumstances dictating quick decisions in the speed of the NBA game.

Comment

And quite obvious,,,, if you're a simpleton that relies on cliches more than the actual in game circumstances dictating quick decisions in the speed of the NBA game.
                    If you're suggesting that a poor decision is excusable because of "the speed of the game"....well then, no player can ever do any wrong.

Congratulations on lowering Bargnani's bar to maximum levels.

Comment

If you're suggesting that a poor decision is excusable because of "the speed of the game"....well then, no player can ever do any wrong.

Congratulations on lowering Bargnani's bar to maximum levels.
                      No, never said anything of the kind, but nice try in your "special" mis-interpret/mis-direct Nilanka way. I'll try and say this s l o w e r for you: cliched general rules that get applied by dumbasses with no regard for actual circumstances and situations of the game, are for simpletons. Skate around in circles, if one comment shown to be lame try another, flip flop, misquote, mis/re-direct, rinse lather, repeat.

Comment

No, never said anything of the kind, but nice try in your "special" mis-interpret/mis-direct Nilanka way. I'll try and say this s l o w e r for you: cliched general rules that get applied by dumbasses with no regard for actual circumstances and situations of the game, are for simpletons. Skate around in circles, if one comment shown to be lame try another, flip flop, misquote, mis/re-direct, rinse lather, repeat.
                        lol, the topic hasn't changed since I replied to your 1st post. You're saying Bargnani was fouled on that play.

I'm saying regardless of that foul, Bargnani has already screwed up by not passing the ball earlier.

Everything else you said afterwards was just catty nonsense in a futile attempt at zinging me.

Comment

"the topic hasn't changed"

voila! misquote, re-direct

"futile attempt at zinging me"

Should have added re-inventing history to the style list. This exchange started with you trying to "zing" me.

Comment

Correction: Not zinging. Simply making a counter-point with with comedic effect

Comment

This is fun to read.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bargnani should've

1) passed the ball as Nilanka says (give it up to get it back - cliche or not)

or even better

2) gone up with it like a MAN and dunk on the little 6 ft guard named Monte Ellis (craddle the ball if you have to).

It was funny writing the 2nd option.....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X