Sam Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Mitchell

So, he's going to be with us all year now or what? (part of the commentating team with TSN, not sure about NBA TV)

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

What are your thoughts?

Sam is usually entertaining. He typically has his own agenda, but that doesn't make him a bad colour guy.

Comment

I was skeptical, but he wasn't too bad. Hopefully having him around is a wakeup call to Leo... or it winds up pushing him entirely out the door!

Comment

He's slowly creeping his way back to the bench. One day he'll call Dwane Casey aside for an interview, kidnap him and show up the next day disguised as Dwane Casey so he can coach the Raptors.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          He's slowly creeping his way back to the bench. One day he'll call Dwane Casey aside for an interview, kidnap him and show up the next day disguised as Dwane Casey so he can coach the Raptors.
          Future: Casey wins COY, gets fired and replaced by ex-COY Sam Mitchell.

Comment

Mitchell definitely has a much more buoyant personality than Casey.

Still hilarious how Vince Carter Body Slammed him.

Comment

Nah. Sam is a regular now on NBATV. He'll be doing the regular circuit around the league. But, dude isn't coming back to coaching unless it's a head coaching job.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I love it, he adds personality to those old school - and I mean, old school boring and, well, way behind - guys in Rod and Leo. Leo will give you use old school opinion and fundamental teachings, and Sam Mitchell will talk about the excitement, what he likes, the potential, etc. It's a good twist to have, finally a bit more interesting to watch with what many people are saying, a guy who's typically on his own agenda.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

i liked mitchell as a person and personality much more than a coach. i find him honest and direct.

Comment

Great love it more Sam is infinitely better than Butch.

Get more Sam lose the Butch.

Comment

i'd rather the raps replace casey with george karl

Comment

When you compare him to guys like Rod Black and Leo Rautins... I'm completely okay with it.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          i'd rather the raps replace casey with george karl
                          dear lord please make this happen.

still dont understand how the most recent coy is still unemployed, quite baffling..

Make it happen Masai!
                          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                            dear lord please make this happen.

still dont understand how the most recent coy is still unemployed, quite baffling..

Make it happen Masai!
                            Karl is employed. He's joined ESPN as analyst.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Karl is employed. He's joined ESPN as analyst.
                              That's not really an excuse. I'm sure he'd much rather be a head coach than some analyst. He has the right to leave ESPN if the opportunity arises.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X