Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo going for broke? Bayless Bust? JJ a head case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    ...a quick first round dismissal vs 1 or 2 seed (no thanks)
    Your implication is that by keeping and using the 8th pick (notice that I said 8TH pick) the Raptors will somehow become a 1st or 2nd seed in the East?

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see ANYONE likely to be available at 8th that will do that for this team. And, quite frankly, going from where they are now to to the 8th seed would be a very good thing in my mind. What makes you think that getting to 8th means they have to STAY in "mediocre" category? And how does a two year contract guarantee perpetual mediocre. Again, maybe it's just me, but I don't see a pile of teams leaping from the mid twenties to 3rd or 4th seed in one or two years. Most seem to pass through the "8th seed" territory on their way to the top.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
      I honestly think that Bayless has played unbelievably well for us coming off the bench, almost well enough to warrant being a starting PG in this league.

As far as JJ is concerned I too was shocked at Casey's lack of trust in his game, leading our team in blocks and steals, while shooting a decent percentage from the field, and averaging good rebounding numbers for a SF. He deserves more credit in my opinion, the only thing I can see as his downfall is perhaps some attitude issues, he probably feels he should be getting 36 min. per game and casey isnt giving it to him, hence some attitude.

As for Iggy or Deng, I would gladly trade the 8th pick for either one of those guys. Those guys are proven stars in this league, where as an 8th pick hasn't proven shit. I'm sure we would have to give up a lot more than the 8th to get those guys.

No team goes from being a lottery team to winning the championship the following year without making huge offseason acquisitions (see boston celtics). It starts with making the playoffs, then advancing deeper into the playoffs etc. Making the playoffs next year is not derailing the rebuild in my opinion, in fact it is an essential part of the rebuild.

Just my opinion.
      I agree for the most part.

P.S.Charlz, I ignored everything after you wrote "intelligent rap fans saying".

Keep your insults to yourself. Just because people don't have the same ideas as you and opinions, does not make them any less than you.

Sometimes I think you guys forget it is a five year rebuild, not a 7 or more. You have to be perennial playoff contenders by the end at least. We haven't been close to making the playoffs yet and it is year three.

Plus, well we are all entitled to our opinions. Let's face it all of us combined would be a worse GM than Colangelo.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I agree with Puffer

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Your implication is that by keeping and using the 8th pick (notice that I said 8TH pick) the Raptors will somehow become a 1st or 2nd seed in the East?

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see ANYONE likely to be available at 8th that will do that for this team. And, quite frankly, going from where they are now to to the 8th seed would be a very good thing in my mind. What makes you think that getting to 8th means they have to STAY in "mediocre" category? And how does a two year contract guarantee perpetual mediocre. Again, maybe it's just me, but I don't see a pile of teams leaping from the mid twenties to 3rd or 4th seed in one or two years. Most seem to pass through the "8th seed" territory on their way to the top.
          Good point but no mention of Salary cap usage. If you jump on Deng or Iggy you loose number 8 and burn up 1/4 of your cap.
          I think 1/4 of the cap and #8 is worth more personally.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            I agree for the most part.

P.S.Charlz, I ignored everything after you wrote "intelligent rap fans saying".

Keep your insults to yourself. Just because people don't have the same ideas as you and opinions, does not make them any less than you.
            My apologies it was not intended in that tone.

What I was trying to imply was that Rap fans are getting smarter we can't be hood winked by BC's smooth talk much longer if it is not backed up by a good product.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
              Good point but no mention of Salary cap usage. If you jump on Deng or Iggy you loose number 8 and burn up 1/4 of your cap.
              I think 1/4 of the cap and #8 is worth more personally.
              Thanks for the qualification. Not saying I agree, but your point makes more sense now.

Comment

Hopefully BC isn't going for broke. I think if you can get Rudy Gay, that's the only player you go broke for because he can still grow with this young team. But you didn't see OKC making moves out of the lottery and since they seem to have the prevailing small-market build model, it might be better long term to keep the pick, preserve cap space and go for broke once this team is forced to make a move (expiring rookie scale contracts - ie, next year)

This is BC we are talking about here, but hopefully Stefanski keeps him in check and BC realizes that a steady improvement from last year would probably still earn him another 2 year extension

Comment

Working...
                X