Triano: "I think if I was Chris I would confront my teammates."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano: "I think if I was Chris I would confront my teammates."

Considering Bosh was yukking it up at the end of the bench with Banks after the loss to Boston, something tells me Chris wasn't too upset on what happened Friday night.

"I was pretty focused on what was going on in front of me. I didn't realize until I watched it on tape that we had backed off as much as we did," Triano said. "I think if I was Chris I would confront my teammates.

"Any time one of your guys goes down – and you don't have to go out there and start fighting – just go over and help your teammate and we didn't even do that. He laid there on the floor without anybody going over to see how he was."
    Source - Click here

2 Scared 2 Fight

I agree we should have done something and we should have fought. A guy like Nesterovic who has a minimal role on the team should have pushed somebody and got a 1 game vacation. Im not suprised, I can remember on a few occasions where this happened and nothing was done. Im glad Triano said something because he is trying to change the weak culture we have around here.

Comment

What's that going to do? You can't fire-up players who don't want to be fired up.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        What's that going to do? You can't fire-up players who don't want to be fired up.
        If thats the case we need to make alot of changes. Cause I cant remember the last time a player got in somebodys face. But I remember Sam Mitchell and Jay Triano coming to their players defence. Whatever happened to players taking on the personality of their coaches.

Comment

Someone should have gone over and made sure everything was ok. Pay back can come in the form of a elbow and hard screen later... Point is, there was no presence.

Comment

If Triano is looking to give a competent GM an excuse to fire him - he just did!

That has to rank as one of the dumbest things ever said by a coach. The coach's job is to create a team - not drive a wedge between players.

If this team is all about Bosh - as is becoming clearer from RapsTV and now Jay Triano, why would any player on the Raptors give up a game's pay to back up Bosh?

Someone had better start mending fences or someone will have to go!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
              If Triano is looking to give a competent GM an excuse to fire him - he just did!

That has to rank as one of the dumbest things ever said by a coach. The coach's job is to create a team - not drive a wedge between players.
              Gotta agree with the jist of what you're saying. That's definitely not a comment you want to make to the press. Triano's still learning the political aspect of being a head coach.

Comment

Working...
              X