Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 15th spot

News is out regarding the 15th spot.

For more info that will tell you nothing new visit this link.

Wish both of these guys the best of luck. Like both of these guys, but I see Wright getting the spot because Ujiri said he's looking for a wing (if he wasn't BS-ing us)

mike, prague wrote: View Post
    News is out regarding the 15th spot.

For more info that will tell you nothing new visit this link.

Wish both of these guys the best of luck. Like both of these guys, but I see Wright getting the spot because Ujiri said he's looking for a wing (if he wasn't BS-ing us)
    Just to kick the hornets nest in jest.....

Maybe other wings are on the move?

September 10th has past and Novak can be traded with other players.

Opportunities arise and teams jump on it. As an example, the Suns traded for Butler and did the whole presser thing saying he was a part of what they were building. They even had him modelling new uni's for press. Then he was traded to his hometown Milwaukee.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Just to kick the hornets nest in jest.....

Maybe other wings are on the move?

September 10th has past and Novak can be traded with other players.

Opportunities arise and teams jump on it. As an example, the Suns traded for Butler and did the whole presser thing saying he was a part of what they were building. They even had him modelling new uni's for press. Then he was traded to his hometown Milwaukee.
      Nah I think Casey just needs bodies and JuJu last chance to prove himself.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chris Wright's wikipedia page states he has multiple sclerosis. How does an athlete play with MS?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

That is the wrong Chris Wright.
          There is another that is either coming into the league, or in the D.

Comment

It depends what type of MS he has. It's quite possible he has the "better" kind where he can be asymptomatic for even years at a time. Also he may not have had any severe issues yet, and hopefully may not for many years. **Edit: And yeah, drunkmunky is right, it's the wrong dude. Still though, that's pretty random.

On a basketball note...while no guy may make the roster, I like that they left a spot open. I always hated when they would sign 15 guaranteed deals, then invite more guys to training camp. I never saw any benefit, even to having extra bodies in preseason. I mean, if they know they're not going to make the team, why would they learn the system and put max effort in practice? Don't think they would...At least now there's an open spot that could motivate guys to play hard to earn it, and possibly also help push the guaranteed guys to not get shown up by these fringe NBAers.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Sep 13, 2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

a couple points I will throw into the mix.

1.) Could be good to get the end of bench guys you want but may not have a spot open before the trade deadline. Be nice if they came in knowing your system and their role.

2.) We got some guys that may be worth buying out or being waived. Landry Fields deal is not unlike Beasley's.

3.) I think Chris Wright will stick somewhere eventually...last year Casey said fix your jumper...this year his jumper is fixed. He is a damn good athlete, I would like for him and Stone to land on this roster.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                a couple points I will throw into the mix.

1.) Could be good to get the end of bench guys you want but may not have a spot open before the trade deadline. Be nice if they came in knowing your system and their role.

2.) We got some guys that may be worth buying out or being waived. Landry Fields deal is not unlike Beasley's.

3.) I think Chris Wright will stick somewhere eventually...last year Casey said fix your jumper...this year his jumper is fixed. He is a damn good athlete, I would like for him and Stone to land on this roster.
                It's very unlike Beasley's because Fields actually gives you lots of good things on the court, despite his messed elbow and broken jumper, because he's a smart team-first player. He also does not have a history of being a lazy pothead with a criminal record off the court. Fields' contract is bad, but he is not as a player or a person. It's not his fault BC offered him a large contract in order to try and sign Nash. They could waive Fields, but I actually would't think that's smart management unless the medical staff tells them his elbow is permanently messed. THey don't have high hopes this year, Wright is not younger than him, and next year he has a big expiring deal that I'm sure MU would love to have in his bag of tricks.

And what evidence on Wright's jumper? He had an ok summer league. He also had shots where he missed the rim entirely from the games/pieces of games I saw, and took lots of horrible shots trying to get his own...and that's against summer league talent. His offensive game looked pretty bad to me by NBA standards. Think he'd need to have a heck of a training camp to make the team (which I guess is sort of obvious). His offensive game didn't look better than Fields' at all (even with a messed elbow), considering he also seemed allergic to passing the ball. Maybe he sneaks on as the 15th guy, but I think it'd mostly be because no one else plays well enough to earn it.

I would hope that Stone earns it...I like the idea of having a guy who can potentially defend both backcourt positions well, and who is a creator and ball mover on offense. The roster really lacks that. Most guys shoot the ball when they get it. I mean....Fields and Amir look for the pass (and Gray I guess), and that's pretty much it if you exclude the PGs. And even there, Lowry, Augustin and Buycks are not exactly known for their supreme passing ability. Rudy and DeMar have not shown enough there, and JV will be spending the season learning to read the D and pass out of the post.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Sep 13, 2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Raptors roster
                  Lowry/Augustin/Bycks
                  DeRozan/Ross/Fields
                  Gay/Novak/Daye
                  Amir/Hansborough/Acy
                  Val/Gray/3rd C

I think we are lacking a decent backup C so we can shift Gray to the 3rd string C position. I personally think we should trade one of Fields, Novak or Acy in exchange for a backup C then we sign one of Stone, Wright, and 3rd TBD (Carlos Marsais I think it's his name, an Angolan player who just signed with the Raptors, 6-4 SG). Yeah that's all.

Comment

Raptors sign Carlos Morais?!

Only confirmation is through a Portuguese webpage:

http://www.platinaline.com/index.php...-41&Itemid=384

Comment

I dont speak Portuguese, but i am fluent in Spanish, and from what i was able to understand, its a non-garanteed contract that will depend on training camp and pre-season games.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                        I dont speak Portuguese, but i am fluent in Spanish, and from what i was able to understand, its a non-garanteed contract that will depend on training camp and pre-season games.
                        If that's the case, there is no way he is making the roster.

Comment

yeah i don't know why we invited another shooting guard. If JV gets injured again the season is over.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                            yeah i don't know why we invited another shooting guard. If JV gets injured again the season is over.
                            Nah don't worry mate, we've got Gray!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Nah don't worry mate, we've got Gray!
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X