15th man- Backup Centre or 3rd PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    300K , MU might be able to move LF and/or Hayes for another dead weight expiring contract worth a little less.
    Yeah, but that doesn't solve the "literally cannot trade those two for each other" issue.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, but that doesn't solve the "literally cannot trade those two for each other" issue.
      Hands + Fields for Zaza + Mayo + 2nd rounder

Comment

• Personally, I think we need a Veteran Center to help bring JV and Bebe along, there is one available who would be a good mentor, Nazr Mohammed.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          Personally, I think we need a Veteran Center to help bring JV and Bebe along, there is one available who would be a good mentor, Nazr Mohammed.
          For a veteran low usage center Jermain O'Neal or even Camby would work as a mentor.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            For a veteran low usage center Jermain O'Neal or even Camby would work as a mentor.
            well Mohammed does have a ring, so he has been around winners before.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
              Personally, I think we need a Veteran Center to help bring JV and Bebe along, there is one available who would be a good mentor, Nazr Mohammed.
              peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
              well Mohammed does have a ring, so he has been around winners before.
              Even with the ring, do you think he has anything more to contribute than Hayes (and our big man coach Magloire)? Nazr has basically been the emergency C in Chicago for a couple years, mostly brought in to take cheap shots at the other team. Not sure what wisdom he has to impart. Just because he has a ring, doesn't mean he's a good mentor (don't know if he's not, just saying).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Even with the ring, do you think he has anything more to contribute than Hayes (and our big man coach Magloire)? Nazr has basically been the emergency C in Chicago for a couple years, mostly brought in to take cheap shots at the other team. Not sure what wisdom he has to impart. Just because he has a ring, doesn't mean he's a good mentor (don't know if he's not, just saying).
                Exactly. James Jones has multiple rings with the Heat, but it doesn't mean he can provide better insight than someone who's never won one. (Carmelo is a prime example).

Comment

Can Lou guard anybody? Seriously though, I get what you're saying....Marshall is 6'4''...and it may be better to put him on a bigger, slower SG and Lou on the quicker, smaller PG, the same way you'd do that with Vasquez. That is, if they picked up Marshall.

And again, the Raps were randomly connected to Toure Murry, and he's 6'5''...though I don't know how good a PG he is, and if he could handle a regular role in the case of an injury.
                  Not sure who else is out there with decent size.
                  Is that Toure Murry NY Knick fans thought of as a future HOF-er?
                  What happened to him?
                  Kidding aside: What makes a lot of sense (IMO) leave roster at 14 AND iff somebody gets hurts (PG or Val) -get a guy on either 10 day or 2 x10. If a long term injury -get a replacement for rest of season.
                  For PG -Is Sessions still available? Mo Williams? Kabongo?
                  For 5: Okafor (if healthy) would be my choice. Blatche might be a better (deff cheaper) option, but also a lot riskier. Our chemistry has been off the charts since Rudy trade, why screw with it?
                  Another option: Hayes (and maybe a second rounder) for Pachulia? Bucks still save on second year of Zaza's contract. With or without Zaza not going anywhere anyways.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    we only have room for a vet minimum
                    Well, with what's left out there (for most part), that's all they are worth now.
                    Actually, I believe we have just over 2mil (rest of our Mid-level after JJ signing).
                    Nets did not want Blatche back (not even a discussion about at what salary).
                    Basically he may not have a lot of suitors. Is he worth it headache wise? Probably not. Also might want a lot bigger role than 10 plus minutes (assuming Val plays 30-35, even without Bebe) available if no injury.

Comment

cheap shots at the other team? I'll take him.

chances are, I think he would be a good mentor, from being around guys like Tim Duncan as well as being with the Pistons core (Chauncey, Rip, Tayshaun & Rasheed)
                      Last edited by peanutwoozle; Sat Jul 26, 2014, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                        Well, with what's left out there (for most part), that's all they are worth now.
                        Actually, I believe we have just over 2mil (rest of our Mid-level after JJ signing).
                        Nets did not want Blatche back (not even a discussion about at what salary).
                        Basically he may not have a lot of suitors. Is he worth it headache wise? Probably not. Also might want a lot bigger role than 10 plus minutes (assuming Val plays 30-35, even without Bebe) available if no injury.
                        We used the tax-payer's MLE, so we only have the minimum left (or a little more than that for a rookie).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Okafor hasn't played in 1 year. So what should he be paid highly.1

Comment

• Without a place in the NBA, Cherry considered playing internationally last season. When those plans didn’t pan out, he joined the Cavaliers’ NBA Development League affiliate, the Canton Charge, in February. The coaching staff committed time and effort into getting back to basics with Cherry.

“Those last two months in the D-League were definitely a blessing in disguise,” Cherry told Basketball Insiders. ‘I know I was trying to get overseas before, it didn’t work out, and I think it happened for a reason. I was a new player coming in, a rookie, and [the coaches] really watched a lot of film with me and critiqued my game down to the lowest level. That’s what made me a lot better.”

Cherry averaged 11.6 points, 4.5 assists and 3.7 rebounds in 30.4 minutes over 18 games with the Charge. While he wasn’t the biggest player on the court, listed at 6’0, 185 pounds, he turned heads with well-rounded performances.
                            “I’m an all-around player,” Cherry said. “I try to rebound, block shots here and there if I could, steals. I try to do a little bit of everything. I think they call them stat stuffers. But for the most part, I’m out there trying to make it hard on the opposing offensive guard I’m going against and speed their offense up and get out in transition and get my teammates easy buckets. But just most of all, bringing that intensity on both sides of the game, offense or defense.”

On Friday, one week after the Cavs’ summer league finale, Yahoo! Sports reported Cherry is drawing interest from the Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors. It is a complete turnaround from his summer a year ago.
                            http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...medium=twitter

Comment

• I think Lou can fill in the 3, despite him being score-first. We really need a back-up big, cause Amir has slowed down the past season and a half, and Hayes is not a rotational big, other than a guy who only plays against bigger match-ups. Bebe is just not ready yet to be in the rotation. I really want Okafor, mainly because I feel like he would sign for the vet-minimum, and because Blatche isn't playing in the NBA this season.

I think having 3 solid point guards is important, but I'd rather have two solid players at the PG and the Centre positions.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Let's get Okafor. For real. Nigerian connection with Masai. Get it done.

Valanciunas/Okafor/Nogueira
                                Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough/Hayes
                                Ross/Johnson/Caboclo
                                DeRozan/Williams/Fields
                                Lowry/Vasquez

Comment

Working...
                                X