No announcement yet.

2012/2013 a year in review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think we can trade AA hes a free agent right? unless we do Sign and trade.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      AA is less than 1 mil.. I wouldnt consider a minimum contract a burden! Its why I think he is likely to be packaged with Bargs and a pick!

Zaza and Dalembert are both on MLE contracts right now as I am aware (5-6 mil), I think it is very probable we can pick either one up for next season!

I think we are close to something special with this team. I think we need to strengthen around this team rather than shake it up any further. I want consistency... I am sick of having a new plan every single freaking season. Who remembers when the Young Guns were our future? Looooool...

I think we will only see more evolved basketball if we keep a core together for more than 3 seasons, WITH THEIR COACH. Then we can see more maturity, chemistry, and intelligence.
      1. AA is a free agent...I'd be surprised if he makes less than say 2 mill next year.

2. Fair enough on Zaza and Dalembert. I guess the new cap system may help us there.

3. The problem with BC is that he can't stick to a single plan. You want an actual plan? Replace BC.

Comment

Great write up Thead. I actually agree with everything you said, except I would keep Acy, keep Ross (only if no trades are available/no minutes available), and add the veterans replacing spots like Lucas III, Anderson, Pietrus, Kleiza, Bargnani.
        I'll make one in my opinion.

Kleiza - CUT: Amnesty him please, paying him however much money to sit on the bench (definitely not a little amount) is obviously unnecessary.

Fields - KEEP: Big fan. Big, big fan. Great defender, good offensive rebounder, moves well without the ball, and whilst his offense might ask for 4 on 5, he has great basketball IQ.

Ross - TRADE: I like Ross, athletic player, can shoot, solid defender. Except, he's got poor basketball IQ. Shot selection is weird, like Acy, jumps and bites on every little fake/hesitation there is. Bad body language at times, and honestly quite annoying when half the time he looks like a rookie (obviously is one, but MAKES it obvious). I say trade him, package him with Bargnani, and I think this team can get something solid in return.

Derozan - KEEP: Solid growth from him this season, a career year, and growing in every facet of the game. Like everyone knows, I'm quite the Demar fan, but has to improve the ball-handle, the lateral quickness and defense, continue to get physically stronger, and develop the corner 3.

Amir - KEEP: Not much to say why, easily the Raptors' best player this season.

Gray - KEEP: I actually think he's a solid back-up big. If this team adds that power forward next season, all the more better, because now he becomes that 4th, 5th big, and will play minutes against the bruisers/physically imposing centres, and Casey won't have to be forced to give him minutes against teams like Miami, New York, etc.

Acy - KEEP: I love this guy's hustle, intensity, effort, and hard work. This guy brings it every game. Makes some silly mistakes defensively, and jumps for every little thing, but once he gains a grasp on the defensive end, I think we can see maybe not a Reggie Evans, but a Jason Maxiell. (Amir compared Acy to a young Maxiell). Will be a solid 3rd string power forward, or even the 4th big.

Andrea - TRADE/CUT/RELEASE/WAIVE/TRASH BIN: I hated the booing from the ACC, definitely not called for, but it was easily justified. You could tell just by the way he walked on the court. Teams will definitely want him though, and I would package him along with Ross/Derozan for some type of big to fill that void at the power forward.

Lowry - KEEP: I'm still a believer. This guy is a triple-double threat on almost any given night, and now that it seems like he's found his way during this final stretch to end the season, keep him, and evaluate him next season, as his contract year is next. Next year would be the perfect time to make a decision, unless BC is somehow able to draft/trade for Trey Burke.

Gay - KEEP: Probably the best all-around wing player we've had since Carter, not saying he's as good, but the best since we've had SINCE. Good rebounder, can find the open man, obviously not used to the shots and spotlight, but he'll adapt, he's got too. Also, he's a terrific defender when he puts his mind to it. Tighten up the handle, get stronger, get healthy, and continue to work on the shooting stroke. He's got one of the prettiest shooting touches in the NBA, but he's not shooting like it.

Pietrus, Anderson, Telfair, Lucas. These guys can go. I don't mind re-signing Pietrus mainly as a veteran, and maybe Telfair as a 3rd stringer, but Lucas and Anderson I DO NOT want to see back in a Raptors uniform.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Nice job. As for Fields, Alex McKechnie said they believe the injury started after his rookie year in New York, which explains the dip from rookie numbers. I believe the Raps will get that player back, but three NBA years smarter. Sign me up for that. Hard to say where Ross will be next year. I think Lowry is coming around. Knows the players better. Derozan, be interesting to see his start next year, as you say.
          The thing with Field's contract, is that even though the total is 18.8 is that it is back loaded. We paid him 5mill this year, we'll pay him 5.3 mill, next year and then 8.5mill in his last season, which means that IF he somehow fixes his shot by the end of next year, than we'll only have slightly overpaid him. However, if what we already have, is what we get in his last year, than it's a terrible signing.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            The thing with Field's contract, is that even though the total is 18.8 is that it is back loaded. We paid him 5mill this year, we'll pay him 5.3 mill, next year and then 8.5mill in his last season, which means that IF he somehow fixes his shot by the end of next year, than we'll only have slightly overpaid him. However, if what we already have, is what we get in his last year, than it's a terrible signing.

The money is the same over three years regardless of how it is paid out.

The cap hit every year is what matters most and that is $6.23M per.

Comment

Working...
            X