Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Considering the team's roster build and the contracts of the players, the future is the eventual expiring contract in 2015/2016 (correct me if mistaken) when the other guys like Fields, Gay, etc. eventually expire. That's about $43 million off the books with just those 3 expiring.
    They didn't pull that Gay trade as a short term option. He should be viewed as a long term core player regardless of what his contract looks like right now. It's clear he's a really good player and the next GM should see that.

My point with Boozer is that there is no debating he's a short term stop gap. What they need to be doing is adding guys they see fitting in long term. You can't build a strong cohesiveness with mass turnover ever 1-2 years. It's a crazy, stupid setup in Toronto. It's been like this for far too long. There should be more of an emphasis on finding the Jose Calderon's, the guys who can adapt to change, the good human beings who put the team first, who make sacrifices at times.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Did you watch the Bulls in the playoffs? And if you did, do you really think that the Bulls are moving Boozer for Andrea? WE think Andrea is soft. Bargnani isn't tough enough to sit on the Chicago bench in street clothes. These playoffs completely changed the style of the Bulls. They may like Andrea, but he is no longer a fit there.
      What I saw was a few very good games in first round, and mostly non existent in 2nd.
      Many a times he was on bench in crucial situations near the end due to poor D.
      I firmly believe that deal is on the table if we want it.

Comment

• theres a new primo commercial without andrea.
        oh thank god

Comment

• Now that Colangelo is gone. I think amnestying AB is now pretty realistic. I would do it if they can't get anything in return for him.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
            What I saw was a few very good games in first round, and mostly non existent in 2nd.
            Many a times he was on bench in crucial situations near the end due to poor D.
            I firmly believe that deal is on the table if we want it.
            And why would a physical team want Bargnani? Didn't I already explain this in another reply? Why do I have to restate myself? Will Boozer be traded? Maybe. Will they want a player who is completely counter to the type of basketball they are trying to play? Unlikely.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              They didn't pull that Gay trade as a short term option. He should be viewed as a long term core player regardless of what his contract looks like right now. It's clear he's a really good player and the next GM should see that.

My point with Boozer is that there is no debating he's a short term stop gap. What they need to be doing is adding guys they see fitting in long term. You can't build a strong cohesiveness with mass turnover ever 1-2 years. It's a crazy, stupid setup in Toronto. It's been like this for far too long. There should be more of an emphasis on finding the Jose Calderon's, the guys who can adapt to change, the good human beings who put the team first, who make sacrifices at times.
              You can't have it both ways though. What team is going to take Bargnani's corpse off the Raptors' hands AND give you back a core piece that you can pencil into the rotation for the next 5-6 years as well?
              The reality is the return on him is practically guaranteed to be something less than desirable, whether you define it as a stop-gap, a player that needs a "change of scenery", or some other team's unwanted trash.

Comment

• Colangelo still believe in Bargnani
                http://translate.google.com/translat...-bargnani.html
                Toronto Raptors 'Club Director General lost Bryan Colangelo said not to change anything you have done before relating to the striker of the Italian Andrea Bargnani , and still believe it.
                Nevertheless, a few days for the Raptors lost the post of head of Colangelo said further believing in Italian.

From now on, the club president of the interim successor Colangelo said that if he could turn back time, in terms of Bargnani, would not change anything.
                "We had the opportunity to exchange Bargnani before, but could not control the injury aspect. This season, he suffered several serious injuries, but Andrea is still valuable as a basketball player, "- said Colangelo.
                Used google translator, lazy but understandable.

Well this just makes me feel that Tim did the right move... BC was still planning with Bargnani included in his plans...
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  Colangelo still believe in Bargnani

Well this just makes me feel that Tim did the right move... BC was still planning with Bargnani included in his plans...

No worries about the translation as these quotes came from Tuesday's media conference call. Colangelo also went on to say that a change of scenery would benefit both Bargnani and the Raptors.

Colangelo's never been one to publicly admit his mistakes.

Comment

• Well but in this specific case it would rather increase his reputation. Well at least now I understand what Tim meant by saying that organization need fresh, non personal approach and view to the whole situation.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Andrea Banana needs to go, that is all.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        Colangelo still believe in Bargnani

That's a truck load of crap. If he expects us to sit here and believe he wouldn't take Aldridge right now over Bargnani then I call bull crap. If he expects me to believe that he wouldn't take Gay over Bargnani after just trading for him and seeing Gay far out produce Bargnani then I call bull crap again.

Comment

• would Houston not make the perfect destination for him?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            would Houston not make the perfect destination for him?
                            in what way?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              would Houston not make the perfect destination for him?
                              Darryl Morey would not trade for Bargnani in one billion years. He is big in to advanced stats and Bargnani is the anti-Christ to advanced statistics.

Plus, Houston already has a cheap stretch big in Montiejunas.

Comment

• perhaps we should just have Bargnani put down if we can't find a good home for him
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X