Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hilarious that Mason Plumlee has made it this far lol

Plumlee is athletic thats it!
    Ive seen some people point to his defense as to why he might make his this team, But the truth is Plumlee isnt a good defender.
    Drummond does everything Plumlee does but better so I dont see a any reasons for Drummond to not make it over Plumlee
    Only reason Plumlee has made it this far is because he went to Duke!

Cousins should be a lock IMO but he does have attitude problems
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

Ive seen some people point to his defense as to why he might make his this team, But the truth is Plumlee isnt a good defender.
      Drummond does everything Plumlee does but better so I dont see a any reasons for Drummond to not make it over Plumlee

Neither Drummond or Cousins play system basketball. Setting screens and off-ball. Drummond also can't hit FT. Hayward has skills but isn't great at any of them. DD is a better scorer.

Comment

I don't know man. Sure, Cousins is freaking monster and much better player than Plumlee. I think Coach K is looking for a guy who will play hard without worrying how many points he scored. And Plumlee could be perfect system guy for Coach K.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          It isn't Team USA. Thats the Olympic team. Cuban dislikes the FIBA World Cup because it really isn't like the Olympic games. Its a profit driven organization that promotes FIBA.
          That doesn't even make sense to what I said. Team USA picks Team USA, regardless of whether it's the Olympics, FIBA World Cup, or any other conceivable event. So Cuban's disdain for the FIBA event, or which profit driving organization is in charge, it's all irrelevant to the fact the USA Basketball chooses the players that they think are the best for winning; therefore Demar playing in Canada and any potential profit is irrelevant.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            I don't know man. Sure, Cousins is freaking monster and much better player than Plumlee. I think Coach K is looking for a guy who will play hard without worrying how many points he scored. And Plumlee could be perfect system guy for Coach K.
            Okay Coach K might be looking for the the guy that plays hard and doesn't care about scoring. So why did he not invite other NBA players that can do what Plumlee does but x100 better......

Comment

Okay Coach K might be looking for the the guy that plays hard and doesn't care about scoring. So why did he not invite other NBA players that can do what Plumlee does but x100 better......
              Jeez. Why you shitting on Plumlee so much?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Jeez. Why you shitting on Plumlee so much?
                Its not that bad lol

All im saying is Plumlee isn't even remotely good enough to be considered for team USA let alone actually make the squad and the only reason he might make the team is because he went to Duke not for basketball reasons

Comment

Well Plumlee was invited as part of the Select team who are there to scrimmage against the National team, and the Select team is made up of the best rookies/sophmores predominantly. Plumlee is easily one of the best young American C's so he got invited, and he did so well that he just got promoted to the National team roster.

Who are some other centers you would have over Plumlee though? Aside from the ones who declined (eg Bosh, Aldridge).

I think the biggest thing in Plumlee's favour is that Coach K knows he won't complain if he plays 0 minutes the whole tournament. I'm not so sure Cousins would be fine with that.

Comment

Plumlee does seem like a random invite. Can't think of a single basketball shortlist that includes Plumlee.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Well Plumlee was invited as part of the Select team who are there to scrimmage against the National team, and the Select team is made up of the best rookies/sophmores predominantly. Plumlee is easily one of the best young American C's so he got invited, and he did so well that he just got promoted to the National team roster.

Who are some other centers you would have over Plumlee though? Aside from the ones who declined (eg Bosh, Aldridge).

I think the biggest thing in Plumlee's favour is that Coach K knows he won't complain if he plays 0 minutes the whole tournament. I'm not so sure Cousins would be fine with that.
                      Yes Cousins would probably be a little upset if he played 0mins but Cousins is on of the best Cs in the game period!
                      Cousins getting cut for Mason Plumlee would be insane

Others Cs I would have over Plumlee are
                      Robin Lopez
                      Miles Plumlee
                      DeAndre Jordan

Comment

I went to high school in Indiana so I like to see fellow Hoosiers like Plumlee succeed. He outplayed Cousins on Friday when they were playing against each other.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          I went to high school in Indiana so I like to see fellow Hoosiers like Plumlee succeed. He outplayed Cousins on Friday when they were playing against each other.
                          Cousins more than held is own out there though, he had a double-double if I remember correctly.

Obviously Cousins is the more talented player, but Plumlee does the dirty work and runs the floor very well. I for one could see Plumlee making it over D Cousins for that reason alone.
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

"@SpearsNBAYahoo: Coach K says he will eventually have a rotation likely of eight players with four that won't play much for USA during the World Cup."

Would he still benefit from being there if he just got benched? Rather than continuing to work with Ross, Amir, JV etc. And handle life?

Coach K says @usabasketball will have a smaller perimeter without Paul George and could use shooting guards at small forward.

If he does make it, could we see DeMar at SF, considering his strength and size? Hopefully the coaches can implement more defensive tactics into his mind because he really does have all the tools for it other than quickness..

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              Id honestly take Amir, Mcgee, Chandler, Jordan, Blair, the knicks towel boy, the other Plumlee, Either Lopezs, and even Thomas Robinson all before id take Mason Plumlee
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketba...eam-usa-roster

"Tuesday's release of John Wall, Bradley Beal and Paul Millsap, in the wake of the devastating compound leg fracture that felled Paul George, is only Phase 1."

"ON THE BUBBLE
                                Chandler Parsons
                                With his multifaceted game and the size to play both forward spots internationally, as well as his respected range, Parsons appears to have the best shot to make the squad among the bubble 3s. But the competition here is fierce, so his defense won't/can't be overlooked.

DeMar DeRozan
                                A strong showing in Friday's intrasquad scrimmage, combined with George's unfortunate absence, has put DeRaptor in legit contention for a roster spot when he was widely presumed to be one of the first cuts. Can he keep the fairy tale going?

Gordon Hayward
                                All the raves Hayward generated in last year's Team USA minicamp are what made you think he'd get a max offer in 2014 restricted free agency. But the breakout star of Team USA's brief 2013 time together hasn't been able to generate quite the same buzz as part of this crowd. Small forward is a position in the spotlight the next two weeks after what happened to the face of the Pacers … and Hayward has to deliver if he wants to trump DeRozan."
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X