Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    Darrick Martin
    Marcus Banks
    Milt Palacio

Toronto is pretty much notorious for breeding the worse backup point guards. Jose was our best back up point guard. Since then, we've only had second string point guards pretending to be starters (Mike James, Jarrett Jack, Jerryd Bayless, Jose Calderon, Kyle Lowry). I'm hoping Kyle Lowry can break the curse of Kenny Anderson.
    Kyle Lowry is most certainly not a back-up point guard... He's ridden that title awhile ago just letting you know.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Kyle Lowry is most certainly not a back-up point guard... He's ridden that title awhile ago just letting you know.
      Lowry said he wants to be among the top tier PGs in the league. That is the very first time I've ever heard a Raptors say that. Vince Carter was there so he did not need to say that when he was playing here.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I can't wait for the naysayers to bash the signing.... Even though the Bulls and HEAT both wanted him.
        How could we not at least question this? I don't care if the Bulls or Heat wanted him, those are teams chock full of superstars and can afford one player on their team that can't shoot. Casey said we need more shooters, so Colangelo goes and gets Lucas, a guy who has never broken 40% shooting in his 4 year NBA career?

On the plus side he's 5% more accurate than Ben Uzoh...
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          Lowry said he wants to be among the top tier PGs in the league. That is the very first time I've ever heard a Raptors say that. Vince Carter was there so he did not need to say that when he was playing here.
          Wanting to be a top-tier point guard is different than being known as a back-up point guard.

His performances this past season pre-injury granted him a top 10 spot. He's not a top-tier point guard yet, and he's not a back-up point guard. I would put him in the second tier of point guards such as Jennings, Curry, Irving, LOWRY, John Wall, Rubio...

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Wanting to be a top-tier point guard is different than being known as a back-up point guard.

His performances this past season pre-injury granted him a top 10 spot. He's not a top-tier point guard yet, and he's not a back-up point guard. I would put him in the second tier of point guards such as Jennings, Curry, Irving, LOWRY, John Wall, Rubio...
            You are right. I did not say that he is a top tier. I said he wants to be in a top tier. He also said that he is a currently a tier two PG.

Comment

You are right. I did not say that he is a top tier. I said he wants to be in a top tier. He also said that he is a currently a tier two PG.
              LOL, sorry, it's just I didn't read from the passage whether you were trying to disagree with me, or was support my argument.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                How could we not at least question this? I don't care if the Bulls or Heat wanted him, those are teams chock full of superstars and can afford one player on their team that can't shoot. Casey said we need more shooters, so Colangelo goes and gets Lucas, a guy who has never broken 40% shooting in his 4 year NBA career?

On the plus side he's 5% more accurate than Ben Uzoh...
                39.3 last year is pretty darn close

If he is good enough for contenders third string surely he is good enough for the raps, no? That was all I meant.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I'm not getting overly excited about the potential signing because I can't say I've actually ever seen him play. I mean, is this really a great signing?
                  Might help BC in negotiation of Calderon trade having a reserve PG on roster. Less weakness in negotiation.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Might help BC in negotiation of Calderon trade having a reserve PG on roster. Less weakness in negotiation.
                    Good point. I really hope he hasn't given up on trading him. Competition between pg's is good but I think Jose deserves to move on

Comment

• Jose is just crappy and the sooner he is gone the better. I'm just hoping that they can get out of it without taking an awful player back. Still, a different awful player would have to be better than the one we have.
                      John Lucas will be a capable backup and the combination of him and Lowry will be a huge upgrade.
                      I just hope they sign Devoe Joseph as well...

Comment

• keffyboy wrote: View Post
                        Jose is just crappy and the sooner he is gone the better. I'm just hoping that they can get out of it without taking an awful player back. Still, a different awful player would have to be better than the one we have.
                        John Lucas will be a capable backup and the combination of him and Lowry will be a huge upgrade.
                        The cat in the hat is back again. You have been typing the same thing for this entire thread. Enough already. We get your point. That's your opinion. Why is he crappy in your eyes?

Comment

Jose is just crappy and the sooner he is gone the better. I'm just hoping that they can get out of it without taking an awful player back. Still, a different awful player would have to be better than the one we have.
                          See, I think Bayless is a far superior player to John Lucas III. Their weaknesses are the same, but Bayless is a lot better at using his strengths (I think I have said this before in this thread), so I really do not think it would make any sense for BC to release one capable (I wouldn't say "solid") backup guard in Bayless, trade our current backup (Jose), just to take on a PG who is no where near as talented as either of them. I really doubt JLIII is the primary backup, and third string is all that would make sense to me.

John Lucas and Lowry would be no where near as good as Jose and Lowry, but that is just me (and all stats show that, and popular belief is behind that). But who knows?

Comment

The cat in the hat is back again. You have been typing the same thing for this entire thread. Enough already. We get your point. That's your opinion. Why is he crappy in your eyes?
                            He's just a 3rd string quality player. He loses games, that's what he does. I'd like to have winners on the team. He'd probably be a backup in Europe but we got stuck with him here.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                              See, I think Bayless is a far superior player to John Lucas III. Their weaknesses are the same, but Bayless is a lot better at using his strengths (I think I have said this before in this thread), so I really do not think it would make any sense for BC to release one capable (I wouldn't say "solid") backup guard in Bayless, trade our current backup (Jose), just to take on a PG who is no where near as talented as either of them. I really doubt JLIII is the primary backup, and third string is all that would make sense to me.

John Lucas and Lowry would be no where near as good as Jose and Lowry, but that is just me (and all stats show that, and popular belief is behind that). But who knows?
                              Sorry but Jose's poor attitude would ruin this situation making Lucas the better fit. Every time Jose is made the backup he sulks and pouts and manipulates his teammates and talks about how with his big contract he should be the starter.
                              Sorry, but his time is up.

Comment

Sorry but Jose's poor attitude would ruin this situation making Lucas the better fit. Every time Jose is made the backup he sulks and pouts and manipulates his teammates and talks about how with his big contract he should be the starter.
                                Sorry, but his time is up.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X