J-V Dissed in Rookie Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-V Dissed in Rookie Poll

In a post on nba.com Acy and Ross were ranked very high by their fellow rookies in terms of athleticism but J-V did not get a single vote in any category! See link below:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

They've never had an opportunity to play with JVand likely have never seen him pla, so how do you expect them to vote for him when they don't know anything about him?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      They've never had an opportunity to play with JVand likely have never seen him pla, so how do you expect them to vote for him when they don't know anything about him?
      lol still disrespectful, at least Acy was getting a lot of love

Comment

This is only natural, most of the guys haven't even heard of JV. And if they heard of him - they most likely haven't seen him play. I'm pretty sure if JV had played in NCAA, he would be all over those categories. I mean, Motiejunas hasn't been mentioned as well (guy played in Poland). Is there even one international guy mentioned who wasn't in NCAA?
        Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Thu Aug 23, 2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
          This is only natural, most of the guys haven't even heard of JV. And if they heard of him - they most likely haven't seen him play. I'm pretty sure if JV had played in NCAA, he would be all over those categories.
          I was hoping he would be mentioned as one of the funniest rookies. I'm sure he has a great sense of humour after seeing him during the LKL all star game

Comment

This is like visiting the Church of Latter Day Saints and wondering why Buddha wasn't mentioned....

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
              This is only natural, most of the guys haven't even heard of JV. And if they heard of him - they most likely haven't seen him play. I'm pretty sure if JV had played in NCAA, he would be all over those categories. I mean, Motiejunas hasn't been mentioned as well (guy played in Poland). Is there even one international guy mentioned who wasn't in NCAA?
              Yeah I thought of that myself to be honest! Its a way of getting people to look at the poll results still!
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

I understand the argument that many of the players have not played against him before...but at least a guy like Fab Melo was destroyed fairly handily by Valanciunas last summer. So it still seems like somewhat of a surprise that he did not even get a mention by anyone.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Jonas is still an unknown to most of the these rookies save for may Anthony Davis, Acy and Ross. I wasn't expecting rookies, who did the polls, to know much about him anyways. So just chill it's not a big deal bro.

Comment

You also have to remember that most of these rookies grew up playing ball together at least since highschool, as part of the McDonald's all-american basketball series. I'm sure lots of them play/hangout in the offseason and, at the very least, know the reputation of one another. I would have been more surprised if Valanciunas HAD been mentioned!

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
                      Jonas is still an unknown to most of the these rookies save for may Anthony Davis, Acy and Ross. I wasn't expecting rookies, who did the polls, to know much about him anyways. So just chill it's not a big deal bro.
                      Jeremy Lamb better have voted for him. He went for 30 and 15 vs USA in Fiba U19

Comment

I would say he was disregarded. Not dissed (as in disrespected). Don't need to put out the fire before the match is lit.

Comment

I'm wondering if he wasn't "dissed" by the rookies, but the survey makers instead... NBA.com? I would guess the players just had to click on a player's name and I am thinking that whoever created the survey just used the recent draft names and overlooked any others that could be rookies. There are a few categories that anyone with any knowledge of basketball should have at least mentioned him (i.e., Which rookie is being most overlooked?, Which rookie is the best defender?).
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                            I'm wondering if he wasn't "dissed" by the rookies, but the survey makers instead... NBA.com? I would guess the players just had to click on a player's name and I am thinking that whoever created the survey just used the recent draft names and overlooked any others that could be rookies.
                            That's true but Kyle Singler received a vote and he was also a part of the 2011 draft. I think all the rookies that were a part of the photo shoot were eligible to be voted for, since this survey took place during the photo shoot. And JV was certainly there
                            Last edited by Sam17; Thu Aug 23, 2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X