Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @BuycksWorld13: Imma grind until I get it.. Know that.. #GTST

Just posted this. Do we know if any of JuJu or Buycks will be cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They really need to dump one of them and maybe look at the D-League for a backup C or 3, even if on 10-day contracts. No point in having Buycks in street clothes and Stone riding the pine every game.

Comment

Grantland's Trade Deadline diary (with Simmons and Lowe) comment on all things trade deadline including the Raptors blockbuster:
      http://grantland.com/features/the-trade-deadline-diary/

Zach Lowe (3:10 PM EST)
      Hold up! One for the buzzer! The Raps trade Austin Daye for Nando De Colo! I actually like that one for Toronto. De Colo is interesting, with a weird skill set and some high-level national experience. Daye has basically done nothing in the NBA beyond having his agent call every team he’s been on to complain about his lack of playing time. But long ago he projected as semi-stretch power forward, and if you’re the Spurs (Hubie Brown mode: engaged!) and you have a million marginal NBA ball handlers, why not flip one for Darren Daye’s kid?

Bill Simmons (3:12 PM EST)
      The Spurs go through stretch-4’s like Leo goes through models. Is that really it? We’re ending on “Austin Daye for Nando De Colo”?
      If Lowe is happy about the trade then it's got to be pretty good

Comment

Toronto Raptors: B-

In limited minutes this season, de Colo has actually put up a respectable 13.5 PER. The development of young guards Patty Mills and Cory Joseph made him expendable to the Spurs, but with the Raptors, he has a chance to supplantJulyan Stone and Dwight Buycks as an insurance fourth guard. De Colo's ability to play both guard spots is a plus.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Seem like Nando was a great teammate

@DGreen_14: @NandoDeColo good luck man! You will be missed

@InfoManu: @NandoDeColo Mucha suerte Nando, te deseamos lo mejor en tu nueva etapa! cc @Vereete

@Patty_Mills: @NandoDeColo wish you all the very best Nando's! Good luck mate

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Maybe Tony Parker will come to Toronto when he becomes a free agent

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Maybe Tony Parker will come to Toronto when he becomes a free agent
              Meh. I like Parker's game a lot...but he'll be 33 when he's a free agent (realize you're mostly joking, but still).

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Toronto Raptors: B-

In limited minutes this season, de Colo has actually put up a respectable 13.5 PER. The development of young guards Patty Mills and Cory Joseph made him expendable to the Spurs, but with the Raptors, he has a chance to supplantJulyan Stone and Dwight Buycks as an insurance fourth guard. De Colo's ability to play both guard spots is a plus.

I do not see how this is not an A+.

We got a guard who can play PG or SG and who got 12 mins per game ON THE SPURS for a guy who apparently played in 8 games this year (Can't remember seeing him on the courts ever)
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  I do not see how this is not an A+.

We got a guard who can play PG or SG and who got 12 mins per game ON THE SPURS for a guy who apparently played in 8 games this year (Can't remember seeing him on the courts ever)
                  I don't think getting a 3rd string point guard warrants an A+.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I wonder what kind of dumb nicknames Matt Devlin is gonna come up with for NANDO DE COLO
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I don't think getting a 3rd string point guard warrants an A+.

I think it's for the quality of the deal specifically...getting a combo guard who could be an insurance PG or limited minute backup SG....for Austin Daye. I mean, it's not like De Colo has been anything special, but turning a piece you aren't using for a piece you may use has no real negative to it.

Overall, it's not an A+ I suppose if you consider deals they didn't make...but it's hard to take off points for those, because they may have not been good deals in the end.

Comment

If Pop cant do anything with Daye hes a legitimate Bust.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I think it's for the quality of the deal specifically...getting a combo guard who could be an insurance PG or limited minute backup SG....for Austin Daye. I mean, it's not like De Colo has been anything special, but turning a piece you aren't using for a piece you may use has no real negative to it.

Overall, it's not an A+ I suppose if you consider deals they didn't make...but it's hard to take off points for those, because they may have not been good deals in the end.
                          The trade grade was spot on. On the surface, it's a B to a B- move. We're not talking about a guy who's a starter and is going to make a major impact on this team. He will be what he was for the Spurs- an end of the rotation guard that you can plug in for Lowry or Vasquez on occasion.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Yeah, it's pretty hard to tell how good something is if it never happened...
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              The trade grade was spot on. On the surface, it's a B to a B- move. We're not talking about a guy who's a starter and is going to make a major impact on this team. He will be what he was for the Spurs- an end of the rotation guard that you can plug in for Lowry or Vasquez on occasion.

Well, the B- grade is for the team's trade deadline. At least htat's what I thought. I don't know what the source is, so I can't really comment beyond that. It's a low-impact move. But making any move with literally zero risk is always an A in itself. It's just like getting an A for something that's negligible on your overall final grade (putting a school context to full use).

Comment

You know what's funny about this trade? the Knicks i think could really use a guy like De Colo. But they were too focused on big name players like Rondo and Lowry and Teague even though they don't have any assets to trade for any of those guys.

De Colo i think is good enough to battle Felton for their starting PG position. Specially with the way Felton is playing.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X