Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Brooklyn Nets 79 (Series Tied 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD has to take better shots in the second half. He was all you could ask for in the 1st. But he's gotta learn to be more selective and pass to the other guys if he can't get a good shot.

Comment

• A good home court doesn't seem to matter so much in these playoffs

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Didn't Brooklyn only lose like 2 home games since the new year? Or was it the all-star break? It was someting absurd...where Brooklyn was really a hard place to win on the road.
        Yeah I think they lost to us and OKC only and won like 15 straight before resting players so they could face us
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
          DD has to take better shots in the second half. He was all you could ask for in the 1st. But he's gotta learn to be more selective and pass to the other guys if he can't get a good shot.
          He has to be more aggressive on the traps. Attack them to split them, or immediately pass out (preferably) to scramble the D. He waits too long, often stepping back as well, and plays right into their hands.

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
            only because of age

he is still a great warrior when playing basketball and I will always respect him for it
            still.. KG sucks bro

Comment

• Nets fan

"we have no chance to win in Toronto, they're fan base is a straight up cult"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                I call bullshit on this. He already knows he won't be playing JV the last three-five minutes of the game. JV should have been out there.
                I call bullshit on this. Amir picked up his 5th foul with 4 and a half minutes left in the 3rd quarter. How the fuck was Casey to know he wouldn't foul out? JV played the last three-five minutes of all of the first 3 games. He probably would have subbed in this game also, except Amir and PP helped shut down the Nets over the last 6 minutes.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Nets fan

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  It's kind of true.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    still.. KG sucks bro
                    lol fine you got me there

KG SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Nets fan

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      It's going to be sooooo crazaaaaayyyyyyy loud. Can't wait.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                        JV needs more touches. But give the Nets some credit.

JV has decent hands, but they're not as good as Amir's. GV and Amir run the pick and roll well but GV makes some really tricky passes that make me nervous, and thank the lord Amir has the athleticism and hands to catch them on the move.

JV needs to establish pretty deep post position to do decent damage. And while Demar is an okay passer, passing in/out/over a trap into the post is something I'm not sure he can do. I'd rather see him pass back out to the perimeter than turn it over.

And Lowry is just short and is being manhandled and covered by 6'6, 6'7 guys. I've seen plays where he's tried to get it to JV, but the second he picks up his dribble he's draped in tentacle arms.

It's on Casey to come up with something to get JV the ball in post position, but it's not as simple as saying that the rest of the team is consciously ignoring the guy. The Nets are doing a good job denying him the ball, let's see if the team adjusts.
                        Thats the only reason I'm not mad about some of it. Cause some he was literally very VERY VERY wide open for the pass. And its better then thinking the alternative.

There really wasn't an excuse for him not giving up the rock to Terrence Ross on that two on one break though. It brought up unpleasant memories of the exact same thing happening during a fast break with Rudy Gay and (ironically) Demar earlier this season.

I really hope Fields is good to go next game...because I can't stand seeing Salmons on the court again. Nothing
                        Last edited by Just Is; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 12:43 AM.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Ross getting worse by the game.

Comment

• one negative about this game (amongst others):

how the hell did they end up getting the same amount of rebounds that we did? (with one more offensive rebound than us). clearly it was something they were trying to address and did a great job at it. and Joe johnson was something we tried to address and we did great on that front as well, along with limiting turnovers.

so a fuck you to people saying casey doesn't know what hes doing.

next adjustment: getting JV more involved again. lets see if we get a monster game 5 from him minus the turnovers.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              one negative about this game (amongst others):

how the hell did they end up getting the same amount of rebounds that we did? (with one more offensive rebound than us). clearly it was something they were trying to address and did a great job at it. and Joe johnson was something we tried to address and we did great on that front as well, along with limiting turnovers.

so a fuck you to people saying casey doesn't know what hes doing.

next adjustment: getting JV more involved again. lets see if we get a monster game 5 from him minus the turnovers.
                              Jooooonas did'n't play enough due to foul trouble and 2PAT and Amir frontcourt going insane in the 4th defensively

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                                Ross getting worse by the game.
                                Thought it was his best game of the series actually, Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X