Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Tim W: Your convoluted ramblings about whether or not his offense is good enough for his lack of rebounding isn't any way to make any point...
    There are PLENTY of reasons to suggest that his productivity will go up more than just marginally but first YOU need to remove your bias predicated on antiquated thinking...
    First, ONCE AGAIN as I stated earlier he's a late bloomer due to his earlier development playing a different style and mentality of bball in Europe...
    Secondly, He is now the #1 option therefore he will get more plays, more shots, more free throws. If he progressed gradually as the #2 or #3 in previous seasons it only makes SENSE that his progression THIS year will reflect a more significant increase...
    Thirdly, the evidence that he will get 8-10rpgs is that Bosh is no longer around and he's more aware than anyone that NOW is the time to step up. He has added more muscle and continued to work on that aspect of his game during the offseason with an added emphasis that wasn't there when Bosh was still here...
    Regardless of what you "stated on another thread" it's OBVIOUS on this one that you feel he has peaked in his 4th season and that once again is shortsighted thinking...
    vinnie_paz said most of what needs to be said.

"Thirdly, the evidence that he will get 8-10rpgs is that Bosh is no longer around and he's more aware than anyone that NOW is the time to step up."

You also seem to be confused about the word "evidence". Bosh no longer being around and Bargnani's apparent mindset is not evidence he will get between 8-10 rebounds a game. That's like saying the evidence that Amir will get 20 ppg is that he should start and will need to fill the scoring void left by Bosh. That's not evidence. Those are just facts that are unrelated to the original premise.

And please don't make a claim of something I don't actually believe and then attempt to insult me for this belief I don't even have. I don't believe Bargnani has peaked, have never said as much and in fact have said the opposite. I think he will get slightly better and could very well end up averaging around 20 ppg. I have said that he probably will never become a good defender or rebounder, but that's based on history. There's a difference between improving and changing the type of player you are. Bargnani will most likely remain a pretty good offensive player who is is weak defensively and on the boards. It doesn't mean he's peaked or that he won't improve. It simply means he's not going to magically change into a different player.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Bargnani: King Of All Thread Posts

It seems to me that while Bargnani may not have the most threads opened about him on RaptorsRepublic.com/forum his threads seem to have by far the most comments on them.

So the question is.

by next April will Bargnani still hold on to this distinction or will it pass to another player?

Multiple choices allowed in this poll
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Some player will be more talked about. Whether it be Demar, Davis, a player that has been traded... etc

Comment

• RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
          Some player will be more talked about. Whether it be Demar, Davis, a player that has been traded... etc

What if the Bargnani supporters stuff the post box?
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            What if the Bargnani supporters stuff the post box?
            Hey I'm a Bargnani supporter! But more of a 'realistic' one.

Actually I want to change my vote, b/c if he has a huge year then the 'blind supporters' will be out in full force, and if he get 6 rpg then the haters will be flooding the place.

the future is bleak

Comment

• i think of a paki every time you put who gives a sheet
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                i think of a paki every time you put who gives a sheet
                I don't get it

Comment

• I voted for stupidity. Because it is
                  What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

• Has anybody seen that mago search thing on his website?

Comment

• If the Raptors are underachieving heavily nest season, there's no question in my mind that he's the most talked about among us, and the majority of said conjecture will be trade demands. And yes, this...meta-thread about threads is pointless haha.

Comment

• Goes to show that Bargs is presently the most popular player on the team - for better or worse.
                        RR OG

Comment

• I love Bargs. But I'm not even gonna bother comment on the other thread because what that guy is saying is just ridiculous. And I am one of his biggest fans. As some may know, I have written alot about him

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            I love Bargs. But I'm not even gonna bother comment on the other thread because what that guy is saying is just ridiculous. And I am one of his biggest fans. As some may know, I have written alot about him
                            Is Bargnani the most popular basketball player in Italy?

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Is Bargnani the most popular basketball player in Italy?
                              Yep, HAHA. I love Bargs, hoping he has a great year. I'm so lucky, I've supported the Raps before Bargs came, and they drafted the first ever no.1 euro pick and it was Bargs. That was a great day for me

p.s I think someone should delete that thread, gettin way out of hand...

Comment

• NBA.com Thinks Bargnani Is Not A Marquee Player

Raptors

The high water mark came when Vince Carter's fallaway jumper from the corner rimmed out in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals in 2001. It's been south ever since for the prehistoric ones. All the franchise players eventually left, for different reasons: T-Mac, Vinsanity, Chris Bosh. None could carry the Raptors to the promised land. The club is now on the hunt for another marquee player; Andrea Bargnani, a former first overall pick, doesn't quite fit the mold.
                                Source: NBA.com

Comment

Working...
                                X