Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
    This might have worked better if they had kept him at the three years ago. As it is he has become way to heavy and slow to guard opposing threes. It's a shame really, if they had cast him as a three initially he might have done well there.
    'm pretty sure he would have become the size he is either way. He's simply filled out naturally. It's not like he packed on extra muscle, or anything. Some guys might naturally stay slim and quick, but I really don't think Bargnani would have.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• vs. Lebron
      vs. Durant
      vs. Odom
      Yikes.

If he learns to just slide his feet, extend his arms and just use his body to block their paths then that would be wicked, coz he is a wide body and if he knew how to use it it could create problems for these guys. but, he doesnt, and frankly, i dont think he'll be able to learn. or at least willing to.

Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Apr 21, 2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
        vs. Lebron
        vs. Durant
        vs. Odom
        Yikes.

If he learns to just slide his feet, extend his arms and just use his body to block their paths then that would be wicked, coz he is a wide body and if he knew how to use it it could create problems for these guys. but, he doesnt, and frankly, i dont think he'll be able to learn. or at least willing to.

“I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• To be fair he doesn't really defend bigs either so it's not like he'd be giving up more or something. Plus he'd be able to shoot over pretty much any 3.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• But yeah, no.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If Bargs played the three, defensively he would have to guard the other teams weakest offensive player whatever position they were. On a few occasions last year we saw a lineup of Bargs, ED and AJ.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                To be fair he doesn't really defend bigs either so it's not like he'd be giving up more or something. Plus he'd be able to shoot over pretty much any 3.
                i dont like Bargs but i gotta defend him on this one. The only good thing he can do on defense is guard bigs. He's a good on-ball defender against bigs. He sucks on help D and defending smaller players. Any chance he has to shuffle his feet to prevent an opposing player from getting to the basket is as good as gone.

Comment

• j bean wrote: View Post
                  If Bargs played the three, defensively he would have to guard the other teams weakest offensive player whatever position they were. On a few occasions last year we saw a lineup of Bargs, ED and AJ.
                  I recall him doing that against the Pistons and being lit up for 23 versus Big Ben - lol, low blow to Bargnani? I apologize if so.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I recall him doing that against the Pistons and being lit up for 23 versus Big Ben - lol, low blow to Bargnani? I apologize if so.
                    Was that the December game in Toronto? I was at that game and our wings were getting torched by Stuckey, Gordon, Prince and T-Mac (Rip sat out) with constant penetration and defensive switching. Bargnani did a good job cutting guys off on the switch, but they were hitting deep fadeaways from just inside the 3-pt line in the corners at like a 55% clip in the first half. When they got deeper penetration, they would simply dump it to Big Ben or Monroe inside for an easy layup/dunk while our wing was three steps too late on their switches. I remember sitting there at the game thinking that Bargnani's defense was good, but he was going to get destroyed on the stat sheet and here on RR! LOL

Comment

• on offense...
                      center -big enough to post up inside -- threat
                      pf--- quick enough and skilled enough to play stretch 4 when needed
                      sf --- unlimited range and smooth stroke to play the 3 can pump fake and dribble drive from 3 point line with the best of them

on defense

big enough to play the 5
                      mobile enough to play the 4
                      can play 3 only against opposing 3's with no ballhandling skills
                      Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Thu Apr 21, 2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Was that the December game in Toronto? I was at that game and our wings were getting torched by Stuckey, Gordon, Prince and T-Mac (Rip sat out) with constant penetration and defensive switching. Bargnani did a good job cutting guys off on the switch, but they were hitting deep fadeaways from just inside the 3-pt line in the corners at like a 55% clip in the first half. When they got deeper penetration, they would simply dump it to Big Ben or Monroe inside for an easy layup/dunk while our wing was three steps too late on their switches. I remember sitting there at the game thinking that Bargnani's defense was good, but he was going to get destroyed on the stat sheet and here on RR! LOL
                        +1

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          No, it was the December game at Detroit. They played at Detroit on December 11 and home versus them on the 22nd. The 11th was the big comeback with Bayless scoring 31 points. I recall Wallace just abusing him on the boards.

Here is the box score:
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301211008

Comment

• Personally, I could see Bargs play the 3. Even if he starts the game at this position doesn't mean he'll be there all game long! On offense, I think it could work well. As for the defensive end, just like some of you said before, when he's at the 3, he takes the weakest player on the other team and that's it. I really could see it happen and I'd like to. And if he gets beat by his man, you got some good shot blockers and defenders inside to help him.

Comment

• I'd be willing to try it. I mean, he could at least guard the Keith Bogans' and James Jones' of the world without too much trouble... right? right?!?! Please tell me I'm right!!!!

Comment

• The year he lined up at SF his defensive rating and opp. PER was worst. What is more telling though is his OFFENSIVE production was also less compared to lining up at PF or C that same year. Likely to do with the fact that he is a jump shooter, and SFs in this league will actually come out to you at the 3pt line and bother you, and harass throughout the game. Who knows, I just gotta say

NO WAY IN HELL>

Comment

Working...
                                X