Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Personally, I could see Bargs play the 3. Even if he starts the game at this position doesn't mean he'll be there all game long! On offense, I think it could work well. As for the defensive end, just like some of you said before, when he's at the 3, he takes the weakest player on the other team and that's it. I really could see it happen and I'd like to. And if he gets beat by his man, you got some good shot blockers and defenders inside to help him.
    Yes let's put ED on Carmelo, Durant and Lebron. That'll work. Shhuure.

Comment

• Hey, we are a rebuilding team. Whatever they do they won't be able to contain the Heat. And I repeat it, that's a starting 5, it doesn't mean that this is it all game long!

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Why do so many Bargnani supporters (at least the most vocal ones) seem to believe that either a player is a great scorer, or has no offensive talent, and there's nothing in between? The whole argument seems to be that you need scoring to win, and if you want Bargnani traded that automatically means that you don't want anyone on the team that can score. It's either Bargnani or Reggie Evans.

Believe it or not, you can get a player who can score AND play defense. Can you imagine that?
        Every coin has 2 sides. If youre concerned that Bargnani supporters only highlight Bargnani's scoring and not his defense, well the same goes for Bargnani supporters who are concerned with Bargnani detractors like you who only point his defense and not his scoring abilities. I am for one is neutral. As Heinz would put it, im swiss. I think Bargnani is a good scorer but his defense is not up to par. I like the guy because he's with the Raps at the moment, but if he gets traded, ill live.

Scoring is a big factor in winning, but not the only factor. For me, Offense has a slight advantage over defense but again, dont get me wrong, defense is daaaamn important, good defense takes you there, but offense pushes you beyond. Its just logical, basketball is a game where winning is done by scoring more points. You can win games by stopping opponents but what really gave you that win is that last basket you made against the opponent. You can stop every shot your opponent attempts but unless you put one in your basket, thats the only time you win a game.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          I predicted between 15-25 for this season and I was pretty damn close. What was your prediction ?
          LOL I predicted that the Raptors will win between 0 and 40 games so I'm right too.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
            Every coin has 2 sides. If youre concerned that Bargnani supporters only highlight Bargnani's scoring and not his defense, well the same goes for Bargnani supporters who are concerned with Bargnani detractors like you who only point his defense and not his scoring abilities. I am for one is neutral. As Heinz would put it, im swiss. I think Bargnani is a good scorer but his defense is not up to par. I like the guy because he's with the Raps at the moment, but if he gets traded, ill live.

Scoring is a big factor in winning, but not the only factor. For me, Offense has a slight advantage over defense but again, dont get me wrong, defense is daaaamn important, good defense takes you there, but offense pushes you beyond. Its just logical, basketball is a game where winning is done by scoring more points. You can win games by stopping opponents but what really gave you that win is that last basket you made against the opponent. You can stop every shot your opponent attempts but unless you put one in your basket, thats the only time you win a game.
            I don't highlight one thing over the other. BOTH scoring and defense are equally important, so having a player who is good at one, but a liability at the other doesn't make sense. Antoine Wright, for instance. He was a good defensive player, but positively useless on offense. Actually, useless would have been an upgrade. No matter how good he was on defense, the fact that he actually hurt the team on offense made me not want him as part of the team.

As I said, I'm of the belief that scoring and defense are equally important if you want to win. You can compete by focusing on one or the other, but if you truly want to win, both have to be good. You can certainly be a player that focuses on one, but if you are a complete liability on the other end, then you're going to hurt the team. A player like Dennis Rodman wasn't a liability on offense because he moved well without the ball, was a great offensive rebounder and had a high basketball IQ and was a good passer. Bruce Bowen was basically a scrub until he was able to hit the 3 point shot consistently, thus not being a liability on offense, anymore.

A guy like Reggie Evans is certainly an excellent rebounder, and he gets a lot of offensive rebounds and is actually a decent passer, but the fact that he can't hit a shot even when he's standing under the basket makes him pretty much useless, especially on a good team.

It's not just one dimensional offensive players that I have something against. It's that I have something against ANY player who is a liability on either end of the court. If you play 30 mpg, but are effective for only 15 minutes and a liability for the other 15 minutes, that is a problem.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Personally, I could see Bargs play the 3. Even if he starts the game at this position doesn't mean he'll be there all game long! On offense, I think it could work well. As for the defensive end, just like some of you said before, when he's at the 3, he takes the weakest player on the other team and that's it. I really could see it happen and I'd like to. And if he gets beat by his man, you got some good shot blockers and defenders inside to help him.
              Did you miss my comment when I said that he DID play SF when Jermaine O'Neal was a Raptor?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I've on record on a number of different threads as saying that bargnani could/should get some minutes at small forward. However, it think that it would only be effective in certain scenarios. If asked "Could Bargnani start and play all his minutes at small forward?" my answer would be a huge "No."

Playing him full time at the 3 exposes him too much to the athleticism of players mentioned above and allows opposing coaches to construct their game plan around his weaknesses at that positions.

"They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder whether some of you people actually watch this sport.

Comment

• jrdyck wrote: View Post
                    I'd be willing to try it. I mean, he could at least guard the Keith Bogans' and James Jones' of the world without too much trouble... right? right?!?! Please tell me I'm right!!!!
                    keith bogans is a SG

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                      I've on record on a number of different threads as saying that bargnani could/should get some minutes at small forward. However, it think that it would only be effective in certain scenarios. If asked "Could Bargnani start and play all his minutes at small forward?" my answer would be a huge "No."

Playing him full time at the 3 exposes him too much to the athleticism of players mentioned above and allows opposing coaches to construct their game plan around his weaknesses at that positions.

That's the point, I don't think no one see him play at the 3 full time. He would not play there full time! If guys like Peja Stojakovic excels at the 3 spot, why Bargnani could not see some minutes at this position?

Comment

• People People, lets move on from AB subject. AB deserves better than Toronto and hopefully, he will get it and will start fresh after the lock outs.

Time to focus on the Core of Raptors for future : DD,Amir and Ed

Comment

• Do you see one really possible trade? And do you really see the Raptors trade him? Yes, I'd like them to trade him, but I don't really think they are going to do it.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            AB deserves better than Toronto
                            Why?
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Why?
                              Ouais, pourquoi? I don't see what he has done for the team to ''deserves better''... When you see LeBron James who gets criticized by everybody because he left Cleveland!

Comment

Ouais, pourquoi? I don't see what he has done for the team to ''deserves better''... When you see LeBron James who gets criticized by everybody because he left Cleveland!
                                Sometimes I wonder whether Raptor4Ever is actually Bargnani. He takes criticism of Bargnani SOO personally.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X