Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coon chimes in:

RT @paulotuy @bballSource what do you guys think about the new raptors gm?
    Larry Coon: I think Masai is fantastic. Big win for Tor & loss for Denver.

Comment

• Great article by the writer.

Comment

• Look Ujiri is a good gm, but I haven't seen any evidence of spectacular unpredictable moves from him, which let's be honest is what it is going to take to get out of the terrible contracts that Colangelo left us with. In fact if Colangelo wasn't so infatuated with crappy players like derozan and bargnani I'd say he is a better man to get us out of this situation than ujiri, because he has shown to make unconventional moves.

Also I want to say it's been a blast, but I use this site less because it is proven to be an unhealthy distraction that in the prime of my life I can do without. Also want to apologize for my unnecessary comments a while back, completely out of line. I'll still comment, but a lot less.

Comment

• Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 16m
          First order of biz for new Raps GM Masai Ujiri: Word is he'll shop Andrea Bargnani everywhere he can in hopes of moving him before July 1

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 16m
            First order of biz for new Raps GM Masai Ujiri: Word is he'll shop Andrea Bargnani everywhere he can in hopes of moving him before July 1

+1
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              +1
              We have evolved past the +1, please get with the times bro.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Getting rid of Bargs will be a huge step in changing the overall culture. I think they're going to go hard in the paint to trade him, the sooner the better.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I having a hard time determining whether or not it's better to trade him before he plays in Eurobasket. He may come out and look really sharp for Italy, and increase his value. Buuuut he also may come out like a dud, which further justifies that he's become next to nothing. So many risks involved with him.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    I having a hard time determining whether or not it's better to trade him before he plays in Eurobasket. He may come out and look really sharp for Italy, and increase his value. Buuuut he also may come out like a dud, which further justifies that he's become next to nothing. So many risks involved with him.
                    Id let him play before trading him. His value cant go too much lower, but has a chance of rising legitimately from some good performances
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• If you can trade him, you just trade him. Instead of performing well, he might as well get an injury. It's time, just get it over with.

Comment

• The Raptors will be in overdrive mode now. Leiweke has already said this. He said he wanted to find his GM by the end of the of June and he's done that. They can get on working to move Bargs and anyone else they need to because of the amnesty/fa periods.

@ekoreen about 1 hour ago
                        Players can be amnestied ONLY during 1st 7 days following July moratorium — so, 2nd week of July. Hence need to see if AB can be moved now.
                        http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q67
                        Last edited by phez; Sat Jun 1, 2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Interesting.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Translation:

Comment

• I wonder if Ujiri will want to bring in Iguodala?

He'd be the perfect guy for Ross to learn behind, and he'd be a good fit with Gay i think.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                I wonder if Ujiri will want to bring in Iguodala?

He'd be the perfect guy for Ross to learn behind, and he'd be a good fit with Gay i think.
                                Hmmmm. I'd like that, especially if we are able to trade Bargnani. DeRozan would definitely have to be included, and any picks we can give. We also have to consider Iguodala cost Andrew Bynum, so I would not believe DeRozan and Bargnani would be enough to net Iguodala.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X