Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At least we are not called the Pelicans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskies

I think of the raptors and I think of Isiah Thomas smirking. Everyone would like the Huskies, but the organization is out of touch with what the fans actually want.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      The "Raptors" may not be the greatest team name, but like Pelicans, there are far worse ones currently (Magic, Nets, Cavaliers, Wizards, Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz).

At least Raptors is somewhat fear-inducing.
      Come on man... Cavaliers is a sick name!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        honestly, i love it. and its still not even in the bottom 5 names.
        +1

I like it too, although it's a bit of a tongue twister.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
          Come on man... Cavaliers is a sick name!
          When was the last time you saw a swashbuckling pirate in Cleveland??? lol

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
            I don't mind the Pelicans. Better than Hornets IMO. Speaking of team names, are there any leagues with stranger ones than the NBA? I always thought the Nuggets were hilarious when I was a kid because I generally associated them with boogers. And of course, what 6-year-old doesn't like the word "Knickerbocker"?
            I've always found the name 'Redskins' kind of racist...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              When was the last time you saw a swashbuckling pirate in Cleveland??? lol
              Haha, well when's the last time you saw a stampede in Calgary?

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                Haha, well when's the last time you saw a stampede in Calgary?
                I believe the stampede is a reference to wild horses, buffalo/bizen and cattle on the prairies of Alberta, historically with natives and more recently with cowboys and farmers... my colleagues at Alberta Beef would probably answer your question with "ummm yesterday?" lol

Comment

Perhaps Toronto should change their name eventually so we aren't something that no longer exists... perhaps its bad luck to name an organization after a creature that died off millions of years ago, but I love our mascot and I'd hate to see him go.

Pelicans I think is an awful name.

Comment

I wish Utah would change their name (another carryover name used by a relocated franchise), to let New Orleans use the "Jazz" name. Obviously not going to happen, due to brand awareness, but makes sense.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Its a cool sounding name.

Also they are the only bird that can swallow a whole bird as a whole so that's kinda badass.

Wait... that's a pelican?? And here I am this whole time thinking they were;

Comment

LOL

amazing scriptwriters, probably pull that off as a stylistic mistake

Pelicans do remind me of Flamingos every now and then.

Toronto Loons

How about OUR national bird?
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          LOL

amazing scriptwriters, probably pull that off as a stylistic mistake

Pelicans do remind me of Flamingos every now and then.

Toronto Loons

How about OUR national bird?
                          The Raptors are making us into loonies!! haha Driving us nuts, so Loons may just work.

Comment

Working...
                          X