No announcement yet.

Rudy Gay with ESPN on playing the Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy Gay was never a bad guy in Toronto. Not a bad player, not a bad teammate. He had a big contract, and at the time, it wasn't working. I like the guy, wish him well, and respect that he isn't shitting all over the Raptors like most of the ex players have.

Good on um.

Hard fould and serious defence all over his ass tonight however.... but yeah, Rudy is ok.

Comment

I knew there wasnt as much drama in Gay's departure as we thought.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Rudy Gay was never a bad guy in Toronto. Not a bad player, not a bad teammate. He had a big contract, and at the time, it wasn't working. I like the guy, wish him well, and respect that he isn't shitting all over the Raptors like most of the ex players have.

Good on um.

Hard fould and serious defence all over his ass tonight however.... but yeah, Rudy is ok.
        Well, I'm not so sure about the degree of 'badness', because the one thing we don't know are what instructions Casey was giving him and if Gay was following them or not. I mean, literally the day Gay left, the ball started moving. Unless Casey was deliberating telling Rudy not to pass the ball, then it's looking more like Gay actually was a bad teammate who wouldn't follow the game plan.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          I knew there wasnt as much drama in Gay's departure as we thought.
          and yet i'm sure idiots at the ACC will boo when he's in town.

Comment

I think Rudy realized that he can be a great player by playing off of other guys. In T.O., he was broadcast as the man, the man who was going to lead Toronto to the playoffs. All the shots, all the shine, all the attention. Simply put, he is much better playing off of other great players like he is in Sacramento.

Im honestly glad this trade seems to have worked out for Rudy Gay as well as for the Raptors.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              Cousins has definitely calmed down a bit but yah, if anyone can rub a tech or two out of cousins, it would be hansbrough.
              If he can't handle Mike Dunleavy....... lol

Comment

Oh I'm so giddy at seeing t Ross guard Rudy! Ross gonna play with a chip on his shoulder? The raptors gonna play like the little brother showing his big brother that he's better than him?
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                  I think Rudy realized that he can be a great player by playing off of other guys. In T.O., he was broadcast as the man, the man who was going to lead Toronto to the playoffs. All the shots, all the shine, all the attention. Simply put, he is much better playing off of other great players like he is in Sacramento.

Im honestly glad this trade seems to have worked out for Rudy Gay as well as for the Raptors.
                  Exactly. It seemed like when he was put in the role of "the guy" in Toronto he treated every possession like it was the final one of the game. That to put the team on his back and be a leader (as he said) meant to him he had to score in isolation. In hindsight the coaches were partly at fault for putting him into that situation way too often.

As talented and confident he is at taking the last shot in a game (and that's debatable), he's better in the flow and without the pressure of being the go to guy on every possession.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    Cousins has definitely calmed down a bit but yah, if anyone can rub a tech or two out of cousins, it would be hansbrough.
                    Hansbrough can probably rub a manslaughter charge out of Cousins.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Oh I'm so giddy at seeing t Ross guard Rudy! Ross gonna play with a chip on his shoulder? The raptors gonna play like the little brother showing his big brother that he's better than him?
                      Good to see a post like this! Where someone is actually excited about "defense". My wish entirely especially for this game. The Sactown boys are going to be jacked too wanting to win for Rudy as much as our guys especially the 4 ex Kings wanting to show that they made a mistake not even playing them regularly when they were there. I will be tre pissed if the Raps dont put in a stellar defensive performance. The offense will work out by itself.

Comment

I've always likes Rudy but when he was with Toronto he was playing out of his comfort zone, he's way more comfortable and better being the 2nd option
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Just let Rudy shoot, and focus on Demarcus.

I think it's a risk worth taking, bait him into long 2s!

Comment

Working...
                          X