Syrian war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't think its ever wise to form assumptions based on vague media reports. I didn't know they first refused UN investigators but likewise I don't know the given reasons why they did this either.

I agree: this is a very scary situation. I hope Canada stays out of this based on what I currently know.
    UN also were attacked by snipers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23838900

Crazy world.

Comment

Syrian foregin minister.

"Syria is not an easy case. We have defences which will surprise others," he said in Damascus.

http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-21614.aspx

I wonder what do they mean
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Syrian foregin minister.

"Syria is not an easy case. We have defences which will surprise others," he said in Damascus.

http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-21614.aspx

I wonder what do they mean

Comment

For me world wars are a lot more difficult now a days. The big corporations won't want them. If you take China for an example. A war with America immediately costs them their bonds investment and anything else the government owns in America. The Chinese love money and hate losing it.

Should there be punishment, yes but That's why we have the UN and we give 6 companion countries military veto power to prevent one country from trying to police the entire world as they see fit.

When I say oil I am talking about the relationship Syria has with it's customers. Not, America wants the oil.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            For me world wars are a lot more difficult now a days. The big corporations won't want them. If you take China for an example. A war with America immediately costs them their bonds investment and anything else the government owns in America. The Chinese love money and hate losing it.

Should there be punishment, yes but That's why we have the UN and we give 6 companion countries military veto power to prevent one country from trying to police the entire world as they see fit.

When I say oil I am talking about the relationship Syria has with it's customers. Not, America wants the oil.
            Absolutely right... Last example of U.S. trying get some oil was war with Iraq!

Comment

New York Times Website Hacked, Syrian Electronic Army Appears to Take Credit

Comment

The U.S. is not the center of the universe. They've pulled trillions of dollars out of thin air. They devalue those bonds daily by paying off debt with more debt; printing money which they pay interest on and it all backed by nothing. China should already know that it's a foregone conclusion that they will not get most of their money back. Meanwhile they're invested elsewhere in real commodities, like gold, and are moving away from U.S. relations in many ways.

The U.N. clearly has little power. The U.S. have gone against their U.N. bond multiple times now and they're moving towards doing it again. They do try to police the world. They have money to spend on countless wars while their economy is in shambles. Their own citizens don't even want these wars.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Absolutely right... Last example of U.S. trying get some oil was war with Iraq!
                  Except the Chinese got most of it....

Still not sure what the point of bombing Syria is. Why the US wants to turn itself into Al Qaeda's air force makes no sense to me. If it's about the regional allies, well, if the Saudis want to fight their proxy war with Iran in Syria they can go ahead and knock themselves out. The Israelis can help. Leave us out of it.

Comment

Syria's position:
                    Syria's foreign minister challenged the Obama administration and its allies on Tuesday to "produce the evidence" showing Bashar Assad's government was behind a chemical weapons attack in the suburbs of Damascus last week, saying the information available on which side was behind the deadly attack provided a "weak and inaccurate" case for military intervention from the West.

Walid Muallem said he was holding the televised news conference in Damascus to inform the American public that the Obama administration's assertion that there could be "little doubt" the Assad regime was behind the apparent chemical attack in the eastern Ghouta suburbs of Damascus "is completely wrong."
                    President Assad's government denied involvement from the outset, however, suggesting the rebels were behind the use of chemical agents in Ghouta. On Saturday, Syrian state TV broadcast images of what the government claims were chemical agents discovered by soldiers in tunnels used by rebel forces in the suburbs.
                    America's position:
                    U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday there was "undeniable" evidence of a large-scale chemical weapons attack in the Ghouta area, with intelligence strongly pointing to Assad's government.
                    A senior Obama administration official told CBS News over the weekend that the U.S. intelligence community had based its assessment given to the White House, claiming Assad regime was responsible for the attack, on "the reported number of victims, reported symptoms of those who were killed or injured," and witness accounts.
                    According to various chemical weapons and security analysts, the strongest evidence pointing to the attack having been carried out by Assad's forces is the sheer scale of the casualty toll and the area involved. Few believe the discordant rebel factions on the ground in Syria possess the weapons, delivery systems or expertise required to launch a large-scale chemical attack.
                    Source: CBS

So basically Syria is saying they didn't do it and there is no evidence contrary. They think the rebels are to blame and the rebels were shooting at the inspectors.

The U.S. is saying that the proof is merely in the size of the attack, supported by experts not willing to give their names... Am I misreading this or does this make no sense?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Syria's position:

America's position:

Source: CBS

So basically Syria is saying they didn't do it and there is no evidence contrary. They think the rebels are to blame and the rebels were shooting at the inspectors.

The U.S. is saying that the proof is merely in the size of the attack, supported by experts not willing to give their names... Am I misreading this or does this make no sense?
                      It does not make any sense, Syrians are right, give the evidence, make it public, like it's TOP SECRET or something right now, what's the point to keep them in secret if world is asking to make them public. U.S is losing their credibility for me, they basically lost it after Snowden event. I don't believe U.S will attack Syria without real of fabricated proofs.

Concerning the chemical weapon possesion by rebels, what's the big deal about it? Black market, Russians, terorists, U.S itself could have done that I'm not conspiracy guy, but this does not even sound crazy. Many sides could be interested in causing the war, I don't think Syrian gov is so stupid to sabotage themselves by randomly using chemical weapons on their own citizens. Does not make any sense.

Comment

makes no sense but the longer the people are looking at how evil syria is the less they are remembering the nsa is spying on them.

Comment

Cooler heads sound to be prevailing in the U.K.

They're going to do it the legal, and rational way: through parliamentary debate, through democracy. Then and only then will they determine what actions to take. This is how Canada must handle this as well.

Comment

Boat party
                            http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97S10U20130829

Comment

Amazing! UK parliament voted against military action! They'll act accordingly.

If Syria gov. is guilty, I hope they'll receive some kind serious response but not military related. There are ways how to harm Syria's gov. without military action.

Comment

too young to realize....
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X