Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    [video=youtube;X3EtqqRN5fg]
    I hope so. Last year we saw how he played without proper rest. Sluggish, getting winded like high school baller.. Oh yeah it's that (over)weight.. okay.
    Last year was a different beast. He basically got no rest at all, and traveled while he was already worn out. So he came to camp with no rest, dead legs made worse by the traveling, and jet lag. And oh yeah, he clearly worked too much on bulk and not enough on conditioning and speed.

2 weeks may not sound like a lot, but it's pretty solid. Maybe one more week would be ideal, but it definitely shouldn't be like last year. And this year he looks to have really put more work into his conditioning and speed. He has time to rest his legs and travel, as well as get over jet lag. And he should have an easier time recuperating if he's in better shape.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I hope so. Last year we saw how he played without proper rest. Sluggish, getting winded like high school baller.. Oh yeah it's that (over)weight.. okay.
      To my eyes, that was mostly due to Casey playing him 12 freaking minutes at a time, without a rest.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• He's looked bigger yet somehow quicker and much more decisive in the post.....

http://www.nba.com/raptors/valanciunas_081814

I love and agree with this.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I love and agree with this.
          Seems like he's quicker vertically as well. Get's up for those dunks much quicker than I remember. That's gotta help with Blocks as well.

Comment

• Valanciunas was abusing a kiwi that gave away about 4 inches and 40 pounds on him. I can't wait to see JV take on the mighty Plumlee.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              Valanciunas was abusing a kiwi that gave away about 4 inches and 40 pounds on him. I can't wait to see JV take on the mighty Plumlee.
              Plumlee is a defensive force and is the best fucking defensive centre on the fucking planet. He will murder Jv if they ever face. Anyone that says plumlee isn't good is a homer and is just jealous of his skills.......said no one ever haha

Does anyone know if Lithuania and the US face off, other than in the potential final?
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Plumlee is a defensive force and is the best fucking defensive centre on the fucking planet. He will murder Jv if they ever face. Anyone that says plumlee isn't good is a homer and is just jealous of his skills.......said no one ever haha

Does anyone know if Lithuania and the US face off, other than in the potential final?
                Potential final? I don't see Lithuania-USA final happening. They'll face off in semis, course.. if they manage to get trough quarter finals

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

I was so close to starting a huge argument....

Comment

• The consensus here on this forum is that Plumlee sucks but in this case there is very little statistical evidence to that confirm that conclusion. MP played only one season and only 17 minutes per game but when he got on the floor all the analytics point to the fact that Plumlee performed well for a rookie, 22nd overall pick.

Comment

The consensus here on this forum is that Plumlee sucks but in this case there is very little statistical evidence to that confirm that conclusion. MP played only one season and only 17 minutes per game but when he got on the floor all the analytics point to the fact that Plumlee performed well for a rookie, 22nd overall pick.
                      Dude isn't that great. His bro Miles is better, why wasn't he on team USA instead? he deserved it

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Dude isn't that great. His bro Miles is better, why wasn't he on team USA instead? he deserved it
                        Coach K knows which Plumlee is best. Fwiw, Mason had a better year last year than Miles.

Comment

The consensus here on this forum is that Plumlee sucks but in this case there is very little statistical evidence to that confirm that conclusion. MP played only one season and only 17 minutes per game but when he got on the floor all the analytics point to the fact that Plumlee performed well for a rookie, 22nd overall pick.
                          I don't think consensus is Plumlee sucks. Some people are saying that, but really the only consensus is that he's by far the least talented player in the team USA pool.

Really, if he makes it over Drummond for example, Drummond should feel really insulted. That means the staff felt a less talented player would be easier to work with than it would be to get Drummond to play smart, consistent ball for them in the same role.

Comment

Coach K knows which Plumlee is best. Fwiw, Mason had a better year last year than Miles.
                            Miles averaged 8 and 8 and Mason averaged 7 and 4. How is Mason better? I think Miles has the better year

Comment

• Hey guys, VALANCIUNAS thread. Just saying.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Miles averaged 8 and 8 and Mason averaged 7 and 4. How is Mason better? I think Miles has the better year
                                To be "succinct" Mason had a more efficient year with a 19.07 PER and 65% field goal %. 14.60 PER and 51% FG% for Miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X