• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is why we suck.

3-13 is good for 2nd last. But...

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

why is it why we suck?

Comment

For F sake, stop creating stupid threads junior.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        why is it why we suck?
        8th in attendance even though we are wretched. There is no incentive to improve the franchise.

Comment

Sure there is, ownership makes a lot more money if the Raptors become a good team and make the playoffs.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
            Sure there is, ownership makes a lot more money if the Raptors become a good team and make the playoffs.
            is it worth the effort (cost)? they could be quite happy with the profits the way it is.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              is it worth the effort (cost)? they could be quite happy with the profits the way it is.
              They could also not be

Could you ever imagine an owner of a business saying "you know what, I think I've made enough money today!"

Comment

Judging from the last regime, they dont give a flyin skiddoo about playoffs. However, there is a new regime here. Hopefully, they appreciate the positives of having a team that is good enough to get US TV love...

*sorry I should elaborate. The last regime turned the Leafs into a billion dollar franchise without seeing the playoffs for 7 years or so...those are the same people who hired BC.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                  I don't think they care. Case and point, the Leafs.

I think the ownership is OK with mediocrity as long as the money keeps coming in.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                    For F sake, stop creating stupid threads junior.
                    - Says the clown who has only made 151 posts to the person who has posted 300.

You don't get the point he's trying to make. That's okay.

Comment

They could also not be

Could you ever imagine an owner of a business saying "you know what, I think I've made enough money today!"
                      they could and they would if they felt the risk of further investment wasn't worth the return.

Comment

Pass out the tin foil hats!

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          Pass out the tin foil hats!
                          What akashsingh is saying (or atleast what I think he is trying to say) isn't a conspiracy theory. Its economic theory.

http://www.investordictionary.com/de.../dollar-voting

Comment

They could also not be

have you ever heard about myopic management vs far sighted management?

being better in the future, could risk a loss of profit in the next quarter. It doesn't matter to them that one day they could be making a much bigger profit, if they lose out on profit in the near future (especially since nothing is for sure in this league) then they have a problem. Economic theory ftw!!

Comment

On one hand, I understand the frustration. If fans are unhappy about the team's performance, then they should stop supporting them (ie: not pay to attend games), in order to send ownership/management a message. Does that ever really work?

On the other hand, I think there are a lot of positives to be taken from this. As Toronto tries to build itself into an NBA free agent destination, having a loyal, supportive fanbase can be a great drawing card. Despite a poor record, in the face of a weak economy, playing for the Raptors means you still play in front of a good home crowd. A good home crows is great for building morale of young players and also provides the team with a homecourt advantage.

It could very well also just mean that a lot of Raptors fans are satisfied with a rebuilding team that's loaded with young talent, who are highly competitive on most nights. Obviously the rebuild/build is nowhere near completion, but perhaps more level-headed fans realize that the young kids need/deserve loyal fan support, even if those same fans feel disdain for management not producing results as fast as we'd hoped. There's a reason rebuiling/building is called a process; it's not an overnight thing, or even a one/two season fix. Most fans wanted a rebuild and we've got it, so I don't get the outcry while we're struggling during that process (it was/should have been expected).

I'm proud of Toronto Raptors fans filling the ACC to support OUR team!

Comment

Working...
                              X