ESPN: Raptors Losing Interest in Doing a Deal with Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    If Bosh wanted to go to the Spurs and the Spurs were willing to flip Parker this way would you guys like that trade if the Raptors also had a couple trades in the works to move current PGs? I think it would be interesting. Even if they S&T Splitter and a trade exception that would be very interesting.
    I'd love Parker. This could be expanded for the Spurs to take back a Calderon possibly for another piece..Splitter being one or some other asset they have and they always seem to have sleepers in their stable.

Comment

Not directly related but I thought it was funny.

Via Bill Simmons

sportsguy33

I like Chris Bosh, but him holding up LeBron and Wade is like Don Cheadle standing in the way of Ocean's 11 being made.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Just get something for him Colangelo, my expectations are already low on his return and I hope at least that you will get either a first rounder, young players or the the $16 million dollars trade exemption.

If Bosh walks for nothing then Colangelo should pack his bags as well.
        No truer words have been spoken.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          No truer words have been spoken.
          No, those words are moronic. You don't give Bosh and extra 30 million, help another Eastern Conference team build a power house and get a gluttony of horrible contracts and useless pieces in return.

That poster should be fired, as should you.

Comment

Insight, these a huge businesses. They're not going to take a hit so that Bosh can leave them and make more money. If there was to be a S&T it would only happen if the Raptors got something of value back.
            what will be the scenario if bosh walks?

Comment

Insight, these a huge businesses. They're not going to take a hit so that Bosh can leave them and make more money. If there was to be a S&T it would only happen if the Raptors got something of value back.
              You mean like the Vince Carter and TMac deals?

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                No, those words are moronic. You don't give Bosh and extra 30 million, help another Eastern Conference team build a power house and get a gluttony of horrible contracts and useless pieces in return.

That poster should be fired, as should you.
                All year BC has assured re-signing Bosh or getting a trade that pockets the teams assets or a trade exception. Now he is changing his tune since his last press conference. Any other GM that lets his best player walk and get nothing in return would be fired in any other market.

As for firing me, give it a shot. I shouldn't even be addressing you as you have obvisouly the intellect of your portrait. Welcome the opinon but don't attempt to knock my lizard boy.

Comment

the way I see it paul pierce just opted out of his contract to resigns at a lower rate to help his team. if we can't get anything for him that will help us and he doesn't want to stay no matter what we offer him, let him walk! if he wants to win for real I don't see a reason why he doesn't resign for less money here and allow us to obtain some assests to help this team.

Comment

bosh wants the max and wants his 15 minutes of fame in america
                    let the kid beg colangelo to s&t him
                    attention whore gets what he deserves, in other words no max deal

Comment

# PDcavsinsider

No sign-and-trade would cost Bosh millions, limit options. But 1 exec said it wasn't dead, Raps just turned off at moment by Bosh behavior. 12 minutes ago via web

# Brian Windhorst PDcavsinsider

NBA execs I've talked to confirm Raptors started souring on sign-and-trade for Bosh on Friday. Bosh has not been communicating with TOR. 14 minutes ago via web
                      More confirmation
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Its Christmas for Bosh (he says)...so he is busy I understand....but he could have had his agent keep the Raptors informed of some of what was going down.

Comment

I think this is a smoke screen. The Raptors are looking to take advantage of Bosh's character flaws and drive the price up on a S&T... Damn, if you told me a year ago that Bosh was one of the most insecure players in the league I would have laughed it off. Not anymore.
                          As is more often the case then not we are not in agreement on something my friend

This is how I see it.

1. Bosh is a smart fella. - For example he cut his hair before doing all of these interviews

2. Bosh realizes that a career as a NBA player is short lived

3. Only Bosh knows how much pain he can endure on his busted up knee and what not. So only he knows how long he might have as a top notch player

4. I don't agree that what Bosh is doing is driving down his "brand value". This of course is totally subjective and many think what he is doing is in fact driving down his "brand value".

So it seems to me that point #4 is really the crux of the argument. It seems to me that Bosh is trying to increase his "brand value"; with things like his "free agent documentary". I think Bosh has also made up his mind where he is going. I think it will be Miami and so all of this is for show. Even if Bosh is just going through the motions which is great publicity for the NBA in July he still had to cut his hair otherwise Stern would not have been too happy a camper.

Bottom line is Bosh in my opinion is a smart fellow and is doing what he is doing to build his brand and increase his marketing value, beyond just his basketball contract. Keep in mind that he has been basically buried for his entire career up in Toronto, primarily because they haven't had but I believe two playoff teams in his seven years. So while American basketball fans know who he is his brand recognition and value relative to the other players in the league of about the same age and talent are a lot lower.

Again it seems to me to all come down to whether what he is doing is building his brand or hurting it. That of course is open to debate and really will never be answered unless he could do it the opposite way in an alternative universe and we could compare the two results

By the way I have no problem whatsoever with him doing what he is doing. Not being a Raptors fan per se, as I have already explained, I am not feeling abandoned by him. Also, I do not believe that during this whole process that he has ever once come out and bad mouthed either the Raptors organization, the Raptors fans, the city of Toronto or Canada. He is doing nothing more than attempting to be a good and successful capitalist. Of course to many people today wanting to be a good and successful capitalist even within the framework of the law is almost as bad as being a pedophile.
                          Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jul 3, 2010, 05:52 PM.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Whether the rumours are true (that Miami is turned off Bosh; that teams find his behaviour this week unappealling; that Toronto would rather let him walk than accept the S&T deals they have been offered) is something we will know soon enough.

Personally, I simply believe that he's acting his age. He's a kid. He thinks in bold terms. He knows he has a brief career window so he's trying to maximize his income while he can. He may not understand that more mature people (managers, owners, etc.) would approach situations such as this with tact. He may not understand that by being bold now, he may be alienating people who could help him down the road.

Kids don't think about these things. They think about the here and now. Here and now, Bosh wants to be in the headlines, and he's getting that. Time will tell if what he wants now will hurt him later.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              the way I see it paul pierce just opted out of his contract to resigns at a lower rate to help his team. if we can't get anything for him that will help us and he doesn't want to stay no matter what we offer him, let him walk! if he wants to win for real I don't see a reason why he doesn't resign for less money here and allow us to obtain some assests to help this team.
                              Paul Pierce did not opt ut of his contract in order to help his team win. Let's not deify everyone else because you're mad at Bosh. Pierce opted out of his contract in order to get as much money as he could while he could get it.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Sly wrote: View Post
                                It's nice to see the organization finally standing up for itself (if this news is true). It might hurt in the short term, but hopefully it pays off in the long run.
                                I completely agree. Bosh thinks he still has all the power in Toronto even though he says he wants no business with them. If I were BC I say let him walk and forget about him having max years and dollars. Save money and keep rebuilding.

Comment

Working...
                                X