Hoopshype says we are in the lead for Pau Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I was surprised by the international bit by Aldridge. Where a player is from is irrelevant in my opinion. And he is wrong on the trade kicker. Gasol is already max - can't get anymore than max. With all that said, I don't want the Raps to take on Gasol but it has nothing to do with where he is from.
    How bout this?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cveaplz

Comment

Barbosa yielded little. Peja nothing.
      Do you really think these are legit comparables? Peja was awful and Barbosa was (and is) a 1 trick pony. Barbosa had almsot no interest even as a free agent. You can't honestly say the same if Gasol was a UFA this year.

While I can agree that Gasol's contract could be too big to trade as an expiring deal, I don't think there is a legit comparison to guage his value.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Do you really think these are legit comparables? Peja was awful and Barbosa was (and is) a 1 trick pony. Barbosa had almsot no interest even as a free agent. You can't honestly say the same if Gasol was a UFA this year.

While I can agree that Gasol's contract could be too big to trade as an expiring deal, I don't think there is a legit comparison to guage his value.
        It is more an issue of the valuable trade chips and assets that has been flaunted by Raps brass before that has resulted in nothing.

Each situation is independent of each other but the end result has been the same.

Notice I did say it would be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

I was surprised by the international bit by Aldridge. Where a player is from is irrelevant in my opinion. And he is wrong on the trade kicker. Gasol is already max - can't get anymore than max. With all that said, I don't want the Raps to take on Gasol but it has nothing to do with where he is from.
          Have to agree with that. The guy has been the core of a championship team and played in the league for years. When does where you're from stop being relevant? Especially to mention this for the reason Bryan would be leery when there are other legitimate reasons (like a 32 yr old with wonky knees who has nearly $40 million left on his contract)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Matt52;172198]It is more an issue of the valuable trade chips and assets that has been flaunted by Raps brass before that has resulted in nothing. QUOTE]

I honestly don't remember there being much value being touted about those two. Perhaps my memory is wrong.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Axel;172224]
              Matt52 wrote: View Post
              It is more an issue of the valuable trade chips and assets that has been flaunted by Raps brass before that has resulted in nothing. QUOTE]

I honestly don't remember there being much value being touted about those two. Perhaps my memory is wrong.
              You may very well be right.

I think I was taking everything Colangelo said at the time as gospel and, well, that was a mistake on my part.

Comment

• Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Lakers PG Steve Nash will play tonight, USA TODAY Sports has learned - http://usat.ly/Zrt9GT

Lakers point guard Steve Nash will play tonight against Golden State, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss his situation. Nash has been out since Oct. 31 with a left leg injury. The Lakers have struggled this season without Nash directing new coach Mike D'Antoni's offense.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...debut/1786753/

Let the rumours start again.

Anyone else hoping Nash doesn't fix the Pau situation?

Comment

Let the rumours start again.

Anyone else hoping Nash doesn't fix the Pau situation?
                  Yes and no.... On one hand I want bargs gone and Gasol is a winner and a vet... On the other hand I'd rather the raps get younger when they trade calderon/bargs and Pau won't help that... Although he could be great for JV... On another (third?) hand do I trust Lowry to run the raptors offence? Not sure I do.

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone is following the Laker games man they just do not mesh. Pau looks so lost every game this trade seems more likely. Even though I still hope its a 3 way trade and Pau isn't a Raptor.

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                      Yes and no.... On one hand I want bargs gone and Gasol is a winner and a vet... On the other hand I'd rather the raps get younger when they trade calderon/bargs and Pau won't help that... Although he could be great for JV... On another (third?) hand do I trust Lowry to run the raptors offence? Not sure I do.
                      On the third hand the Raps could always be the 3rd team in any deal and get the best of both worlds.

Comment

• Gotta say, that makes absolutely no sense from Atlanta's perspective. They take on extra salary for extra years and get worse players who don't fill any need.

Comment

• Well, things aren't going any easier for the Lakers and Gasol with Nash back. Gasol has a stinker last night: 27mins, 1-6, 2pts, 4 rebs, 2 ast, 2 blk, 1 to, 0-2 3pt, benched 4th quarter.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-request-trade

Sadly, if the rumours are true, Minnesota still sports wood for Gasol but LAL is not interested in the return goods. Enter a third team. My hope had been Toronto with a combination of Bargnani and whoever else. Sadly, again if rumours are true, Raps have big time competition in Milwaukee as Ilyasova is reportedly on the block. A quick comparison shows Ersan with an advantage in just about every statistical category and he would cost about $3M less per year and is 2 years younger with less injury history. Milwaukee also has a cheaper, expiring, and pretty good backup PG option in Udrih as well as Dalembert's expiring contract who would be a good backup to Howard.

All I can say is: sh!t.

Comment

Well, things aren't going any easier for the Lakers and Gasol with Nash back. Gasol has a stinker last night: 27mins, 1-6, 2pts, 4 rebs, 2 ast, 2 blk, 1 to, 0-2 3pt, benched 4th quarter.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-request-trade

Sadly, if the rumours are true, Minnesota still sports wood for Gasol but LAL is not interested in the return goods. Enter a third team. My hope had been Toronto with a combination of Bargnani and whoever else. Sadly, again if rumours are true, Raps have big time competition in Milwaukee as Ilyasova is reportedly on the block. A quick comparison shows Ersan with an advantage in just about every statistical category and he would cost about $3M less per year and is 2 years younger with less injury history. Milwaukee also has a cheaper, expiring, and pretty good backup PG option in Udrih as well as Dalembert's expiring contract who would be a good backup to Howard.

All I can say is: sh!t.
                            From purely a basketball perspective, wouldn't most people rather have Bargnani and Calderon? Sadly, a lot of my friends are Laker fans, and they watch a lot of Raptors basketball enough to know the strengths/weaknesses of the two, but the consensus thought of my friends were "man, that would be a steal to possibly acquire both!"

To be quick, LA is struggling to play basketball, Bargnani would be able to add a pure stretch-4 to the lineup, which betters their rotation compared to a tweener, and they have a locked position at the point guard spot. Money doesn't seem to be a problem for LA, but if that were the topic, $10 million off the books via Calderon's last year.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Is Gasol the 2nd shoe to drop?

"I'm a competitor, I'm a guy that thinks I bring a lot to the table, and not being on the floor is something that I don't like, I don't appreciate," Gasol said.

Gasol had seven points, seven rebounds and seven assists in 21 minutes as the Lakers built an 83-73 lead through the first three quarters.

"It's a challenge," Gasol said when asked about toeing the line and accepting D'Antoni's decision so that he doesn't take away from the team while still defending his personal ability. "We're challenged every day, and I'm challenged every day to keep my calm and keep my peace and not let my emotions take over my words."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rs-win-hornets

I have to say if Calderon, Davis, and Bargnani can turn in to Gay and Gasol, that is fairly impressive by Colangelo. Sadly the season may likely be lost by the time anything came about.
                              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Is Gasol the 2nd shoe to drop?

I have to say if Calderon, Davis, and Bargnani can turn in to Gay and Gasol, that is fairly impressive by Colangelo. Sadly the season may likely be lost by the time anything came about.
                                I actually wont mind, in fact, id prefer it if they're already out of the playoff picture after acquiring these guys.

One, plenty of rest for these old timers, hehehe, address health issues, conditioning, etc.
                                Two, more time to assess the situation, what other pieces are needed

Comment

Working...
                                X