Do you BELIEVE? Raptor playoff push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you BELIEVE? Raptor playoff push

Raptors are currently 17-30. It is a might big hole they are in regarding the playoffs. To get 40 wins and a reasonable shot at the playoffs, they can only lose 12 of their next 35 games (i.e. they have to go 23-12).

Here is the remaining schedule:

Sun, Feb 3 vs Miami

Wed, Feb 6 vs Boston

Fri, Feb 8 @ Indiana

Sun, Feb 10 vs New Orleans

Tue, Feb 12 vs Denver

Wed, Feb 13 @NY Knicks

Tues, Feb 19 @Washington

Wed, Feb 20 vs Memphis

Fri, Feb 22 vs NY Knicks

Mon, Feb 25 vs Washington

Wed, Feb 27 @ Cleveland

Fri, Mar 1 vs Indiana

Sat, Mar 2 @ Milwaukee

Mon, Mar 4 @ Golden State

Wed, Mar 6 @ Phoenix

Fri, Mar 8 @ Los Angeles

Sun, Mar 10 vs Cleveland

Wed, Mar 13 @ Boston

Fri, Mar 15 vs Charlotte

Sun, Mar 17 vs Miami

Wed, Mar 20 @ Charlotte

Fri, Mar 22 vs NY Knicks

Sat, Mar 23 @ NY Knicks

Wed, Mar 27 vs Atlanta

Fri, Mar 29 @ Detroit

Sun, Mar 31 @ Washington

Mon, Apr 1 vs Detroit

Wed, Apr 3 vs Washington

Fri, Apr 5 @ Minnesota

Sat, Apr 6 @ Milwaukee

Tue, Apr 9 @ Chicago

Fri, Apr 12 vs Chicago

Sun, Apr 14 vs Brooklyn

Tue, Apr 16 @ Atlanta

Wed, Apr 17 vs Boston

Schedule Breakdown

Total games: 35

Home games: 17

Road games: 18

games vs. East: 28

Games vs. West: 7

Games vs. opp over .500: 21

Games vs. opp under .500: 14

Games vs. teams currently in 6-7-8-9-10:
    • Atlanta - 2
    • Milwaukee - 2
    • Boston - 3
    • Philadelphia - 0
    • Detroit - 2

Coulda/shoulda/woulda time: All I keep thinking about is the blown games vs. Milwaukee and Philly and the 4 "ref" games.

So with the schedule breakdown, what do you think Raptors playoff odds are?
    Definitely
    3.39%
    90-10
    0.00%
    80-20
    1.69%
    70-30
    0.00%
    60-40
    5.08%
    50-50
    13.56%
    40-60
    13.56%
    30-70
    33.90%
    15-85
    22.03%
    Definitely not
    6.78%

tho last night was hope for optimism its still a ridiculous hill to climb and its not like the schedule is super easy.. would like to have seen a couple more games before answering this poll but despite last nights game im still sitting somewhere between 15-85 and 30-70... I voted 30-70 tho.. that could change if the next couple games continue to boost optimism

Comment

The team needs one win decently sized win streak, and then over .500 ball the rest of the way. It just does not look like it is going to happen. I say 15-85. We should see some exciting ball though, and you never know what can happen when and if a team gets hot.

Those 4 ref games might just go down in infamy if the team gets close.

Comment

I said 40/60, and to me that's an optimistic projection. Last week I would have said less than 15%. But between the Rondo injury and the Gay trade, there's definitely a window. If Boston gets to 40 wins, I think they're in. But it wouldn't shock me to see them and Toronto converging at around 37 wins at the end of the season. 20-15 is, I think, an optimistic but not outlandish expectation for the remainder of the season, if they gel quickly.

Comment

fuck the superbowl I just wanna see them play the heat already lol

thank god the superbowl is after the game tho lol

Comment

Its quite a climb I at most expect us to put pressure on whoever is keeping the 8th spot. Celtics and Bucks should start dropping sooon.

Comment

I think it's highly unlikely considering the schedule we have left but I would love it if we played last game of the season against Boston for the eighth seed.

Comment

Ltron wrote: View Post
                I think it's highly unlikely considering the schedule we have left but I would love it if we played last game of the season against Boston for the eighth seed.
                +100000

much like we did with Chicago when bosh was here.. hope we win this time if that's the case

Comment

Ltron wrote: View Post
                  FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  +100000

much like we did with Chicago when bosh was here.. hope we win this time if that's the case
                  I hope it plays out like this. Even if the Raps lose the final game, games will at least be meaningful in March and April for the first time in a long time. That final game will be a playoff like atmosphere as well.

Comment

I almost hope they miss the playoffs by 5 games....so that there won't be endless posts about how the refs robbed us of the playoffs...

Comment

Remember when Bosh missed a layup which would have put us in the playoffs? did that benefit anything I forgot what happened that off season.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Remember when Bosh missed a layup which would have put us in the playoffs? did that benefit anything I forgot what happened that off season.
                        Ed Davis.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Ed Davis.
                          Which led to Gay awesome, btw is anyone really excited for the Knicks Games Im surprised we havent played them at all yet, the next stretch of games should all be just good watching.

#ChemistryBuiding #DevelopTheYouth
                          #Raps #LetRossDunk !

Comment

I certainly think this team has the tools to, because I'm expecting over time, the Celtics and Atlanta in the picture start to wear out (No Rondo, no Sullinger, trade rumours) & (trade rumours, no Lou Williams).

If trying to - at the very least - get to 37-39 wins, than this team should have a chance to make the playoffs. Philly chasing hard and under .500, same with Detroit, and Milwaukee, Atlanta, Boston may be under .500 through the course of the second half.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              when did that happen?

Comment

Working...
                              X