Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    right now Jennings is worth Dragic money... 4 years 28 - 30 million tops. The key is if you want to pay for his potential.
    Considering how reasonable that sounds, I'd add another $1.5 per season.

lol

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Matt52 read the article. He is "demanding" 12 Mil. He is willing to sit tight until he gets what he wants. S&T probably wont happen. Is it possible he starts the season without a contract?
      I read the article and others on HoopsHype.com like it such as:

Those players signed deals in the range of four years and $41-48 million. But he is not going to find that money on the current free-agent market, and the Bucks are obviously reluctant to give Jennings that kind of a contract.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...medium=twitter

Of course he can demand all he wants. If the Bucks cave and give it to him, that is the only way he gets it though.

What he should do is buy a $50M insurance policy and sign the QO from Milwaukee. He can go where ever he chooses next season as an UFA without the fear of a 'reasonable' offer being matched.

But keep in mind Dallas and Atlanta were both teams with lots of cap space and a possible need at PG and both teams chose to not sign him or offer him a contract for what he was asking.

Comment

• LAS VEGAS – The Suns have put Kendall Marshall on the trade block in hopes of getting some return on the 2012 lottery pick, several league executives told NBA.com, with Marshall at No. 3 on the depth chart at point guard at moving to upgrade the position.

“He’s out there,” said a member of one personnel department, meaning Marshall is available.

“They’re trying to attach him to pretty much any deal that comes up,” another executive said here at summer league. “If you want to talk about any of their players, they include him. He’s basically the price of admission to any trade right now.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...-on-the-block/
        Kendall Marshall is out there.

I would rather Stone though to be honest. Defense. Defense. Defense.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Jennings wants 12 Mil..

Now imagine Derozan was in this situation... If Jennings signs for 12 Mil, dont you think Derozan has a right to ask for the same amount? Thank goodness he was extended earlier and for cheaper!
          Whether Jennings gets 12 mil or not, and whether Derozan is worth the same scale as Jennings or not, does not change that the Raptors lost options in regards to Derozan and his contract they would have had this offseason. The only way it was worth extending Demar "earlier for cheaper" is if his cost of production is on par with or exceeds his actually output.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Kendall Marshall is out there.

I would rather Stone though to be honest. Defense. Defense. Defense.
                Marshal has been shooting the ball absolutely horrendously. I'd rather them look elsewhere personally. This team needs a PG who can facilitate but also knock down shots when defenses back off (Calderon's offense defined in a nutshell).

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Yeah, I read that on the train this morning. The Pistons have some potentially nice young talent but I don't see how it all fits together...

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mmf425a

Detroit
                  Monroe/Drummond/Kravtsov
                  JSmith/Mitchell/ Jerebko
                  Maggette/Singler/Datome
                  Knight/Stuckey/Lee
                  Jennings/Billups/Bynum

Milwaukee
                  Sanders/Udoh/Ayon
                  Henson/Villeneuva/Gooden
                  Ilyasova/Delfino/Daniels
                  Mayo/Antetokounmpo
                  Dragic/Ridnour/Smith

Pheonix
                  Gortat/Len/Frye
                  Scola/Morris/Morris
                  Butler/Beasley/Tucker
                  Caldwell-Pope/Brown/Goodwin
                  Bledsoe/Marshall

Comment

• I find it funny that the last two "point guards" the Pistons drafted are now in a battle for the starting SG roll. Hate to say it but I knew Knight wasn't a real PG when we were having that Knight vs. Walker debate a few years back.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Marshal has been shooting the ball absolutely horrendously. I'd rather them look elsewhere personally. This team needs a PG who can facilitate but also knock down shots when defenses back off (Calderon's offense defined in a nutshell).

Yeah, I read that on the train this morning. The Pistons have some potentially nice young talent but I don't see how it all fits together...
                      You could develop migraines trying to make sense of Dumars' moves. From drafting Darko, moving Billups to get Iverson, the Charlie V and Ben Gordon contracts, to some of his recent draft picks, he makes BC look like a genius.

Comment

• I'm sure he'd flash you his championship ring, mounted on his middle finger, if he read that. LOL

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I'm sure he'd flash you his championship ring, mounted on his middle finger, if he read that. LOL
                          lol, and I'd get a chuckle from it. I don't know how much luck had to do with putting that team together, but he sure has done a lot of bonehead moves since. Even now, I don't see those pieces fitting together well at all.

Comment

• remember when everyone on the board was raving about Marshall because "he's a true point guard!" meanwhile ignoring the fact he had no J and the athleticism of a dead horse?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              remember when everyone on the board was raving about Marshall because "he's a true point guard!" meanwhile ignoring the fact he had no J and the athleticism of a dead horse?
                              Don't forget can't guard anyone.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Dwight Buycks had a physical yesterday in LA. Does anyone know if he actually passed it? If he did will he play tonight?
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X