No announcement yet.

Paul Millsap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millsap us a value deal now that's why teams want him. In free agency he won't be a value deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Millsap us a value deal now that's why teams want him. In free agency he won't be a value deal.

Millsap just signed that freaking deal before this season (e.g. not in the distant past). He's playing more or less than same he always has, just with more responsibility because Horford went down. He'll most likely sign a deal in the same range as his current deal, maybe $1-2M more per year, which is still good value.

Also, sorry to break this to you, but we're going to have spend money in free agency to become a contender. Whether it's on Millsap or someone else, so come to terms with that.

Comment

Love is going to be Boozer bad contract 2.0.Rather have Gasol or Amare on 1-2 year reasonable deal than mortgage the franchise on Love.I don't want Gasol or Amare but Love and his contract is going to hurt.Hope he goes to the Knicks

I think that's nonsense. He's going to be one of the best non-rookie contracts in the league, unless he sustains a career altering injury. Love will average under 20 mil a year, and that's right before the NBA's cap, tax and max salary numbers all increase significantly in 2016 (because of the new TV contract). 18-19 mil for Kevin Love is already a bargain, and it will become an even bigger bargain when worse players than Love start getting 20 mil + in a couple years. Which will happen.

Comment

Love is going to be Boozer bad contract 2.0.Rather have Gasol or Amare on 1-2 year reasonable deal than mortgage the franchise on Love.I don't want Gasol or Amare but Love and his contract is going to hurt.Hope he goes to the Knicks

Should I go over all the reasons why Love is way better than boozer?

Or just post this:

Boozer in 09-10 (the year before he was signed):
          PER 21.3
          WS 9.9

Kevin Love in 13-14:
          PER 26.9
          WS 14.3

Plus, this is not taking into consideration the fact that Boozer fell off a cliff after arriving in CHI, or the fact that Kevin Love helps stretch the court (which is one of the most valuable traits in big men).
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            The only trades Masai makes is the kind where we're fucking the other team over, so we're not going to be able to trade for Millsap. Atlanta turned down Asik for Millsap because they wanted draft picks too, and no way in hell Masai gives up anything of that value.

The good news is Millsap is a free agent after next season, and we'll have cap space after next season. I think Millsap will make a fine target in free agency after next year. I've watched a lot of him in Atlanta and Millsap is a straight up baller. PP and Amir are nice, but not in Millsap's league. Millsap next to JV would really help JV out.

Whoever said he's expensive is nuts. Millsap is on one of the best value deals in the entire NBA. He also went to a small market team in Atlanta, so you know he'd be willing to come to a much bigger market in Toronto. I lived in Atlanta and the fanbase is absolute dogshit (opposing teams generally have larger cheering sections), so Toronto would be a much more fun place to play.

TL/DR version: Millsap should be a target, but not until he hits free agency.
            Did you leave Atlanta voluntarily, or were you chased out by an angry mob with torches and pitchforks?!

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              Did you leave Atlanta voluntarily, or were you chased out by an angry mob with torches and pitchforks?!
              I'm not sure I got this lol. Care to elaborate?
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Boozer isn't a bad player just a bad contract. Love's teams are 500. He isn't a good defender. Millsap signed a short deal to reach free agency sooner.

Comment

The only scuffle I had with the locals was when I was at the Hawks - Raptors game where Al Horford broke TJ Fords back Bane vs Batman style. I think that moment was a downward turning point for the franchise. Also ruined TJ Fords career. Maybe Al's chronic ripped pectoral muscles is karma.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure I got this lol. Care to elaborate?
                    I know a few people from Atlanta, and I just kind of imagined how they would react to a statement that Atlanta is a small market. Hehe. Atlanta sees itself as the capital of the whole South, and it's a pretty big market financially and population wise.

Comment

I know a few people from Atlanta, and I just kind of imagined how they would react to a statement that Atlanta is a small market. Hehe. Atlanta sees itself as the capital of the whole South, and it's a pretty big market financially and population wise.
                      Atlanta is tiny compared to Toronto. The city proper has a population of about 400,000. They use an absurdly large metro area (like an hour from downtown ATL) to claim a population of over 4 million. Turner is based out of Atlanta which makes it a media market, and that's likely the only reason they haven't moved the Hawks out of Atlanta. The fan support is absolutely dismal.

As far as king of the South, I don't think there's a whole lot separating Atlanta from cities like Orlando, Charlotte, Memphis, etc... Other than Turner being in Atlanta. The fan bases in those other cities is way better. Everyone in Atlanta is from somewhere else and roots for a non-Atlanta team.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        If you think you can get Millsap for one of Amir or Fields (seriously?) and a protected 1st than I don't know what to say to you. No that wouldn't be a mistake unless you're the GM of ATL. That's not happening. If the Raps were to trade for Millsap it would take Derozan IMO. And that would be a mistake given Millsap will have only a single year commited to the club.

As for Love, it would take even more to get him out of Minny than Millsap out of ATL. Whether it's actually possible is irrelevant to the idea that a trade would be a mistake. Again, he has the option to leave after a season, so why give up many assets for a season rental? Either of these guys would be bad to trade for simply because of their contract situations and impending free agency.
                        "As for Love, it would take even more to get him out of Minny than Millsap out of ATL" is exactly what I meant by "almost impossible". To acquire Love, Raps. would have to give up a few GOOD picks in addition to a very good player or two. To give up all this for Love's services for 'one year' would not be worth it and will cause the Raptors to decide against it.

It may take more than my suggested trade to acquire Millsapp but it certainly won't take Derozan. Derozan's worth on a team and around the league is more than Millsapp. I don't think a team would even do it for an unprotected pick.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post

It may take more than my suggested trade to acquire Millsapp but it certainly won't take Derozan. Derozan's worth on a team and around the league is more than Millsapp. I don't think a team would even do it for an unprotected pick.
                          Really? I think if a trade were explored, the Raps would have to give up DD, or at least some combo of good young players like Patterson and Ross or Vasquez, something like that. I would imagine Millsap's value is as high, if not higher, than Demar's, but you could be right...alot of factors come into play when trying to determine a players value.

Comment

Both Love and Millsap are free agents.Try NYK for a trade involving a guy entering free agency.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              Really? I think if a trade were explored, the Raps would have to give up DD, or at least some combo of good young players like Patterson and Ross or Vasquez, something like that. I would imagine Millsap's value is as high, if not higher, than Demar's, but you could be right...alot of factors come into play when trying to determine a players value.
                              A combo of Patterson, Ross or Vasquez along with picks sounds reasonable. As far as Demar's value is concerned, as you say many factors come into play. I personally prefer Millsap over Demar and therefore value him higher. That's the fan in me speaking. Market value however, is determined by other factors. When you put yourself in the GM's shoes, Demar 'at this time' is a solid chip to have. A borderline superstar with unquestionable work ethics at only 10 mil. a season should draw GM's to the phone in an instant. I think Ujiri should look into it.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                                A combo of Patterson, Ross or Vasquez along with picks sounds reasonable. As far as Demar's value is concerned, as you say many factors come into play. I personally prefer Millsap over Demar and therefore value him higher. That's the fan in me speaking. Market value however, is determined by other factors. When you put yourself in the GM's shoes, Demar 'at this time' is a solid chip to have. A borderline superstar with unquestionable work ethics at only 10 mil. a season should draw GM's to the phone in an instant. I think Ujiri should look into it.
                                I agree with this, but I wonder why you think Derozan would have more value around the league than Millsap? Millsap is a very versatile big man, a stretch 4 with a post game. I guess the SG position is thinner than the PF spot, but other than that I can't really think of a reason why Demar may be more valuable or would garner more interest from league GM's.

Comment

Working...
                                X