Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keepers

Yeah, you pick up to four guys to keep. The rest go back into the pool. We're doing the live auction draft again. Everyone will get the same amount of fantasy money except for every keeper used you'll pay $25 of that cash. What this will do is reward the current managers but not make the handicap against newcomers too great to overcome. All managers who elect to keep four will essentially start out with $100 while newcomers will start out with $200 and will probably end up having to overpay to get stars.

Example: My total cash for draft day is $200 but...

Cash $200
    Less: $25 for D12
    Less: $25 for Rajon Rondo
    Less: $25 for Aldridge
    ----------------------------------
    Draft day cash available: $125

Here's the kicker. If you look at the draft results from the current year somewhere in the late 30's the draft costs dip below $25/player. So technically you're probably going to overpay for that third or fourth keeper. However, on the flip side if you're keeping a guy like Kevin Durant, who was purchased for $90, then you've saved $65 on that player alone.

Example: Below are the prices paid for my keepers on last draft day and the gain or loss due to keeping them.

D12
    Purchased @ $59
    Kept @ $25
    Gain: $34

Rondo:
    Purchased @ $46
    Kept @ $25
    Gain: $21

Aldridge:
    Purchased @ $19
    Kept @ $25
    Loss: $6

I don't know if I have a guy on roster after Aldridge who would go for $25 or more so that last pick is tough... I'll probably let it go as is.

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation Apollo! Very thorough and concise!

Besides Rudy Gay, I don't think i have any keepers... All I've got is a bunch of role players who have been consistent all year.

In other news, the current score of the championship game is 5-4 with SKYWALKER in the lead! But there's still a lot of ball to be played today!! As Melo said, SCARY CLOSE!!!

Comment

• Congratulations to Skywalker and thanks to everyone!

It is official now. Skywalker is our league champ. We should all congratulate him on a job well done. That's a wrap on the season people, I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the inaugural season here at Raptors Republic. Next season will be even better. There is no rush to confirm your keepers until a few weeks before draft night next fall but it wouldn't hurt to consider them in the meantime.

All the best,

Apollo
        League Commissioner

Comment

• Hey I don't think I'm continuing playing. Fantasy sports isn't my thing, sorry.

Comment

• Hey, that's ok. No need to feel bad about it if it's not your thing. It was great having you in the league this year all the same.

I've had numerous people ask me about openings in the league and Matt52 is the first person on deck so I'll ask him if he's interested in taking over this opening.

Comment

• Count me in.

Comment

• I got a feeling that next year is going to feature a tougher league! Looking forward to defending the title and going for the re-peat!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Count me in.
                  Welcome to the league. You'll have $200 fantasy currency to fill out your 15 man roster on draft day. Let me know if you have any questions.

Just so everyone is clear, Joe's players go back into the draft pool. That means Amare and Josh Smith will be open for bidding on draft day/night.

skywalker wrote: View Post
                  I got a feeling that next year is going to feature a tougher league! Looking forward to defending the title and going for the re-peat!
                  I'm gunning for you next season!

Comment

• Congrats on an excellent season Skywalker! It's always nice competing with people that set their lineups and care about the league. You had a solid lineup throughout, but I like my top 3 going into next season a lot better than anyone on your side!

Quick question... you were set on auto-draft back on draft day weren't you(if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Drizz was too)? It always seems like the guys who do auto-draft in my leagues end up having very nice seasons.

Comment

• My secret to success is no longer a secret!!!! LOL I was busy when the draft was taking place so autodraft was my only option HAHA and ps good memory!

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                        My secret to success is no longer a secret!!!! LOL I was busy when the draft was taking place so autodraft was my only option HAHA and ps good memory!
                        Funny, I can't remember what I did 2 weekends ago, but I remember a Sunday afternoon last October! haha

No worries anyways, you got in and you won... you still had to make the right moves throughout the season to get there.

Comment

• That's an odd system for keepers in an auction league, in my opinion. That basically encourages spending on 4 big guns the first year, and then keeping them for cheap. The way I've seen auction keepers work is you can keep a player for the price you paid for them in the auction, possibly with a 5 dollar inflation of sorts (basically a premium for taking them out of the auction). That encourages trying to find value for keepers, and keeps the league balanced from year to year with most of the studs going back in the draft.

Comment

• The first year is over so I guess we don't need to worry about that playing out. At $25/player nobody is going to keep more than two or three guys. The guys who are now keepers are more than likely going to stay keepers for good. They'll be kept twice(max times you can keep a player) and then traded. The setup rewards returning teams by letting them keep few guys at an average price.

At the end of the day this isn't a dictatorship, we're open to ideas on how we should proceed given that we plan on this league running hopefully for a long time.

Comment

• Does anyone here run an nba 2k11 lg for xbox 360? If so add me. My gamertag is YOUNGGUNZ101524.

Comment

• How can I get in on this? PM if I can
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X