No announcement yet.

Does MLSE deserve any blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we blame them for not firing BC yet?

They are not going to increase TV ratings at the rate this team is performing.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Those were all under previous ownership - Ontario Teachers Pension Plan.

I don't think you can grade current ownership since August, 2012 based on previous ownership prior to August, 2012.
      Do you really think they have turned over a new leaf with new ownership in regards to eating contracts? I am highly skeptical until I see evidence to the contrary.

Comment

I used to be really hard on Larry Tanenbaum. Criticized him for being too close to the players and management. His philanthropic instincts sometimes get in the way of the pro sporting mentality of sink or swim. Felt a lot of the problems with coaching and management not being held accountable , were due to Triano being one of our own and Bryan being part of his social circle. The graduation by VC another example of him being too accommodating.

Anyway I was very very hard on him in the forums, I stood out in my level of criticism.

(I don't bother going to games these days unless I have courtside seats. I don't go as often, but when I do it is always very memorable.)

So I end up getting a pair of courtside B's behind Tanenbaum(who is sitting front row centre). When he turned around, he looked at me and our eyes met and he looked up and down and gave me this feeling as if he knew who I was. It made me feel really uneasy because there were other people there that he casually glanced at, but when he looked at me, he really stood there and paused as if he was thinking of the time and place we met, almost as if he was about to interrupt me and talk to me. It made me stop and think, did I give a guilt body language indicators, or did this son of a bitch pay someone to check me out. LOL. (I doubt he did, but at the same time if I had the money he has and some joe shmoe was soiling my name on the internet, I would want to see who the hell it is. Is it someone close to me, or is it a nobody. If it did happen, the PI would of told him BasketballCrush is a nobody. He would of seen my picture and maybe even felt sorry for me, lol, which is why he would remember the face.)

...but away from my self serving, ego centered story, I wish that Tennanbaum was a bit more hands off with the management and players so that I could not cast dispersions on his proximity.

(after that incident, I had less vitriol in my blood for him, made me realize he is a person like anyone else, fallible and just trying his best)
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Dec 14, 2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

JasonS wrote: View Post
          Can we blame them for not firing BC yet?

They are not going to increase TV ratings at the rate this team is performing.
          Maybe they do not want to pay for new GM until BC's contract expires?

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
            I used to be really hard on Larry Tanenbaum. Criticized him for being too close to the players and mangment. His philentrhopic instincts sometimes get in the way of the pro sporting mentality of sink or swim. Felt a lot of the problems with coaching and mangment not being held accountable , were due to Triano being one of our own and Bryan being part of his social circle. The graduation by VC another example of him being too accomodating.

Anyway I was very very hard on him in the forums, I stood out in my level of criticism.

(I don't bother going to games these days unless I have courtside seats. I don't go as often, but when I do it is always very memorable.)

So I end up getting a pair of row ciurt B's behind Tennanbaum (who is sitting front row centre). When he turned around, he looked at me and our eyes met and he looked up and down and gave me this feeling as if he knew who I was. It made me feel really uneasy because there were other people there that he casually glanced at, but when he looked at me, he really stood there and paused as if he was thinking of the time and place we met, almost as if he was about to interupt me and talk to me. It made me stop and think, did I give a guilt body language indicators, or did this son of a bitch pay someone to check me out. LOL. (I doubt he did, but at the same time if I had the money he has and some joe shmoe was soiling my name on the internet, I would want to see who the hell it is. Is it someone close to me, or is it a nobody. If it did happen, the PI would of told him BasketballCrush is a nobody. He would of seen my picture and maybe even felt sorry for me, lol, which is why he would remember the face.)

...but away from my self serving, ego centered story, I wish that Tennanbaum was a bit more hands off with the mangment and players so that I could not cast dispersions on his proximity.

(after that incident, I had less vitrol in my blood for him, made me realize he is a person like anyone else, falible and just trying his best)

LT could care less what forum says about him. He is more concerned with controlling the Raptors reporters and the image they project. I genuinely believe he wants to win but he does not know how to get it down. He is usually at many games and is friendly to most fans which is more than I can say for other board members. He knows which big wigs sit where and that may be what you observed...as he is very social at greeting celebreties and big wigs.

Comment

LT could care less what forum says about him. He is more concerned with controlling the Raptors reporters and the image they project. I genuinely believe he wants to win but he does not know how to get it down. He is usually at many games and is friendly to most fans which is more than I can say for other board members. He knows which big wigs sit where and that may be what you observed...as he is very social at greeting celebreties and big wigs.
              Yah, he knew most of the people sitting up front. Got the impression that they were regulars.

One of the guys brought his 2 kids with him, and they were sitting in 1000+ dollar seats not paying much interest to the game instead finding other distractions. Than he gets up at half time, looks at Larry and says, "have to take the kids to the balle/recital" or something, and leaves 3 front row seats empty for the 2nd half. I then realized I was the only guy without a rolex on. (score one for Seiko)
              Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Dec 14, 2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X