Odds Demar Makes Team USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    That's actually where DeMar does a lot of his damage. Off pin-downs, curls, back-door cuts, mainly because the Raptors run tons of off-picks, and flex action. DeRozan is as good an off-ball offensive option there is in the league.
    Demar usually takes a step in front of the three and let's loose

Comment

I love this interview with DeMar and Holly MacKenzie:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/mackenzie_derozan072914

“I done played with damn near 60 players in [my first] five years in the league,” DeRozan said. “Every year, coming in having 10+ new players, you’ve got to learn new guys, they have to learn the system. It’s big personally [to have everyone come back]. The chemistry that we had was definitely amazing.”>

Comment

So does DeRozan have a better chance now that Paul George is done(and wish him the best of recovery man that was a nasty injury). DeRozan had a strong showing last night, I think he led all scorers. ( I can't find a box score to confirm)

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
          DeRozan had a strong showing last night, I think he led all scorers. ( I can't find a box score to confirm)
          I imagine he really helped himself last night. One comment on RealGM is that he played a team game, unlike most of the guys. That will surely catch the coaches' attention. The injury should not make a difference; the team now needs another power forward or small forward.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
            the team now needs another power forward or small forward.
            Demar will likely play SF with team USA since they will likely play to PG lineups, so demar could act as a semi replacement

Comment

DD had a good night from what i understand but he doesn't really fit the international ball "type" player. the 3 point shooting, specifically.

i love DD, i'm really proud of how much he's improved his game in different facets over the years and how hard he works, but i'd honestly be shocked if he made the team, even with George out.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                DD had a good night from what i understand but he doesn't really fit the international ball "type" player. the 3 point shooting, specifically.

i love DD, i'm really proud of how much he's improved his game in different facets over the years and how hard he works, but i'd honestly be shocked if he made the team, even with George out.
                Well that would be sad because he looked amazing. Oh well that's team USA's lose not ours. I understand 3 point shooting is very important to them.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

Part of me wonders whether the closer line and his mid range prowess works enough in his favor. Biggest thing holding him back is that he is too one dimensional for that team. Don't see them really needing a good scorer when they have elite scorers like Durant, Curry, etc. If you're making the team, your role players are likely defenders, versatile or can shoot from deep.

Not sure Demar has rounded out his game enough for team USA.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                    I imagine he really helped himself last night. One comment on RealGM is that he played a team game, unlike most of the guys. That will surely catch the coaches' attention. The injury should not make a difference; the team now needs another power forward or small forward.
                    Demar playing a team game with the raptors will do a lot for his efficiency. He showed in playoffs when he played as part of the group looking for his versus looking for his first and foremost he is a very impactful player and the team is pretty damn hard to stop.

Should be no question he is on team USA now

Comment

Yeah I bet he makes the team.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Part of me wonders whether the closer line and his mid range prowess works enough in his favor. Biggest thing holding him back is that he is too one dimensional for that team. Don't see them really needing a good scorer when they have elite scorers like Durant, Curry, etc. If you're making the team, your role players are likely defenders, versatile or can shoot from deep.

Not sure Demar has rounded out his game enough for team USA.

To me he showed an all round game in the scrimmage. I think he makes it. But that's just me. If he doesn't oh well. He gets more rest and more time to work on his game.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

When are they going to announce the roster anywya?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                            To me he showed an all round game in the scrimmage. I think he makes it. But that's just me. If he doesn't oh well. He gets more rest and more time to work on his game.
                            I admittedly didn't see the scrimmage, so perhaps he has improved those other aspects of his game. But based on career to date, he is far behind the versatility of some of the other non-stars at the camp. Hopefully he has continued to make strides and improve those other parts. It will be interesting to see.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              I admittedly didn't see the scrimmage, so perhaps he has improved those other aspects of his game. But based on career to date, he is far behind the versatility of some of the other non-stars at the camp. Hopefully he has continued to make strides and improve those other parts. It will be interesting to see.
                              DeMar DeRozan Full Highlights 2014.08.01 USA Team…: http://youtu.be/DDH9SXudxQ8

Comment

Imo, 10/12 positions seem set:

Davis / Cousins
                                Durant / Faried
                                Thompson / Korver
                                Harden
                                Curry / Rose / Irving

Team USA will need to pick another wing from Parsons, DeMar, Hayward, Beal to replace George. As much as I want DeMar, I think Parsons gets that spot because of his shooting.

Not sure what direction they'll go for the 12th spot. Maybe an extra big (Drummond, Millsap, Plumlee)? An extra PG (Wall, Lillard)? If they decide to use a wing for the 12th spot, DeMar should be the pick.

Hopefully, DeMar finds a way onto the team. It would be well deserved.

Comment

Working...
                                X