No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We gonna draft Baschinky at 59? Canadian? Not picked any front court.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Philly are a jump shooting Juggernaut. Imagine if they kept Payton as well as Noel, MCW, Jerami Grant, McDaniels (okay if left wiiiide open) Tony Wroten.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        People whining about this pick reminds me of Val

7'7" wingspan
        Sf
        Skilled and raw
        Freak athlete

The upside is incredible.

No one wants quick fixes like BC era so relax and enjoy the ride.
        Dude, You are doing exactly what you did during BC era. Trying to spin things and blindly support. Just because the kid has a wing span he is not automatically good. Big Val was a known commodity around NBA. He has talent. This kid is unknown to everyone and was picked too high. You want a risk, divvied your big chip and use the smaller ones and go for the risk.

Come on Son, I know you are better than this and know more about this game.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          not to be morbid, but in light of tonight's honorary draft pick, I hope Bruno has been screened for Marfans (normal body, lonnnnng limbs)
          Well, keep in mind that the vast majority of people that fit that description don't have it.

Comment

• Toronto likes athletic wings.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              But nobody wants to wait for 4 years though, 2 years max
              It was just a throwaway comment to say he's a real project, remember the Greek Freek was meant to be not even close to being ready, as in waaaay more raw than your usual project... but he was fine out there on the court. Not saying the Toucan Terror (deliberately mediocre nickname) will be like him, but who knows.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                But nobody wants to wait for 4 years though, 2 years max
                Says who?

Guys on espn?

We'll see what happens.

Btw, We waited 5 years for DeRozan.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  It was just a throwaway comment to say he's a real project, remember the Greek Freek was meant to be not even close to being ready, but he was fine out there on the court. Not saying the Toucan Terror (deliberately mediocre nickname) will be like him, but who knows.
                  I like him to because Masai is looking for a superstar and this can has the potential for it, I just want him to be here in 2 years max
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Says who?

Guys on espn?

We'll see what happens.

Yeah but DD was playing with us atleast

If he comes over next season then I can see him like Giannis
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• please LORD
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

7'7" wingspan
                        Sf
                        Skilled and raw
                        Freak athlete

Can't compare. JV was a consensus top 5 pick who only fell to Raps cause of uncertainty around his buyout. Fans were ticked cause we still had Bargnani on our minds. This is an entirely different scenario. I understand why people don't like it.

Comment

• I want to see him in Summer League. Can he do that even if he's not gonna play in the NBA?

Comment

Says who?

Guys on espn?

We'll see what happens.

Stop Hating on DD. You are comparing this kid to DD now !!!

Comment

• If anyone's interested, it looks like Bruno JUST set up a twitter account. As in within the last hour.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

7'7" wingspan
                                Sf
                                Skilled and raw
                                Freak athlete

Dude people knew who Val was. He was on mocks and the DX big board throughout the process. I and several others more vocal than me were on record wanting Val.

I don't know a single person across three Raps websites who has so much as mentioned Bruno.

And the bigger question is value. Now that we know we were the one who gave Bruno the promise, not sure who else was going to pick him.

This smells more like BC bidding against himself than anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X