No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find my other post where I mention this in more detail. But I want Faried drafted at number 5, if kanter and irving are off the board. He has hustle and rebounding instincts that come once every generation. Rodman told Faried that he reminds him of himself, who wouldn't want Rodman on their team?
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• The Raptors are taking Knight. Irving is going 1, Kanter and Williams 2-3, Valanciunas 4, Knight 5. This is already set in stone, so rest assured.

Comment

• I think Rodman said the same thing to Lady Gaga though.

I like Faried, but picking him at 5 would be a mistake, IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing the Raptors try to pick up a second draft pick and grab him if he's still available in the late lottery (I haven't seen any mock that has him picked higher than 15th). Someone might bite on an offer of Amir for a late lottery pick.

Comment

• PLEASSEEEE BRAANNNNDOOON KNIIIGHHHT be available at 5 no more bs we already dropped to 5th!!!!

Comment

• dykers wrote: View Post
            The Raptors are taking Knight. Irving is going 1, Kanter and Williams 2-3, Valanciunas 4, Knight 5. This is already set in stone, so rest assured.
            Lol, what are you some kinda prophet, you know the selections before they happen , you sound more like the guy who "predicted" , Rapture May 2011.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• I heard Jazz were really high on knight not sure we would draft him over walker anyway

I am not a fan of vesely either, most nba players can dunk, and at least do something else well
              All ive seen vesely do is dunk, rarely shoots, cant see him being a good defender

Leonard is deffinitly an option. If he can be anywhere as close as the Marion comparisons he would be a great fit for our team, bringing exactly what we are lacking.

I would say Walker, Leonard and maybe Valancious as being our choices

Comment

• trade the pick
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• NBA Draft Combine Measurements

I cherry picked the names here. Click link at bottom to see them all.

Biggest Surprise

Kemba Walker - He measured 5'10.5 barefoot and a legit 6'1 in sneakers. Considering his size was of major concern, 6'1 really isn't all that bad. If anything, it most likely solidified his position as a top 7-10 pick. However his standing reach was very small at 7'7.5, the same as 5'10 (in shoes) Isaiah Thomas (a product of his low shoulders).

Winners

Derrick Williams - Williams' standing reach of 9'0, 7'1.5 wingspan and 6'8.75 height in sneakers were all positive numbers. For all those that questioned his size at the power forward position, it's time to reconsider as those measurements are very good for a power forward. He also appeared to be moving extremely well during the athleticism testing at 248 lbs. Many players are not able to retain their quickness with that sort of weight.

Enes Kanter - Kanter showed virtually no weakness during the measurements, standing 6'11.25 in sneakers, with a 7'1.5 wingspan and a 9'1.5 standing reach. He weighed in at 259lbs and only a 5.9 % body fat.

Kawhi Leonard - At 6'7 in sneakers, Leonard possesses good size for a small forward to go along with his massive 7'3 wingspan. That wingspan and his 8'10 standing reach should contribute big-time on the defensive end. He also had an excellent 5.4% body fat and the second largest hands in the group.

Chris Singleton - A lockdown defender at 6'9 in sneakers is very rare. His 7'1 wingspan will allow him to guard three positions.

Kyrie Irving - He measured in a 6'3.5 in sneakers, which was actually taller than Brandon Knight, who was originally believed to have an inch on Irving. His 10.2 body fat at just 191lbs is a little bit alarming. Has he not been able to work out and get back in shape since the season ended?

Brandon Knight - His 4.2% body fat however was the lowest of anyone in the group. 6'3.25 in sneakers and 176lbs are solid numbers for a PG. His wingspan is a few inches better than Kyrie Irving.

Losers

Jimmer Fredette - Only 6'0.75 without sneakers, Jimmer has a decent wingspan (6'4.5) and standing reach (8'0.5), but came in smaller than expected at 6'2 in shoes. He also has the smallest hands of anyone in the group.

Interesting Measurements

Kenneth Faried - At just 6'6 without sneakers and 6'7.5 with, Faried has a standing reach of 9.0, which is a taller standing reach than 6'10 Michael Dunigan, 6'11 Jon Leuer, and 6'10 JaJuan Johnson. He also measured a 7'0 wingspan.

Point guards with size

Darius Morris - Morris showed excellent size for a PG at 6'5.25 in sneakers. On the downside, he could add some weight to his 190lb frame, and his wingspan was less than Charles Jenkins, who is 2 inches smaller.
                  http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-co...ement-analysis

Comment

• bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                    I heard Jazz were really high on knight not sure we would draft him over walker anyway

I am not a fan of vesely either, most nba players can dunk, and at least do something else well
                    All ive seen vesely do is dunk, rarely shoots, cant see him being a good defender

Leonard is deffinitly an option. If he can be anywhere as close as the Marion comparisons he would be a great fit for our team, bringing exactly what we are lacking.

I would say Walker, Leonard and maybe Valancious as being our choices
                    Valanciunas is apparently higher than Kanter on Cleveland's list. So they take Valanciunas and Utah takes Knight, then there's a chance Kanter will be available at 5. That would be very good news, in my opinion. If he's not, Leonard might very well be my next option.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ug=ycn-8514315

"If his buyout situation will be resolved in a timely fashion, look for Valanciunas to be drafted somewhere between Nos. 3 and 8 overall. He's ahead of Enes Kanter on both Cleveland and Toronto's boards according to reports and has huge fans in Detroit's front office as well."

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
                        trade the pick
                        Problem is, what are you going to get for a 5th pick in a weak draft? Especially when there might not even be a season next year. I can see a lot of teams simply wanting to wait until next year's draft. Like Jose Calderon, I think the pick is worth more to the Raptors than you'd get in a trade for it.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• The possibilities of who the Raptors draft are numerous but realistically speaking, the only way the pick is traded is if another pick comes back.

Assuming the pick is not traded, it would seem to me one of the following 3 players are going to be picked:

Knight, Valanciunas, or Kanter.

Lets say those 3 players are all gone, that means Irving or Williams is available. So like I said, one of those previous three.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            The possibilities of who the Raptors draft are numerous but realistically speaking, the only way the pick is traded is if another pick comes back.

Assuming the pick is not traded, it would seem to me one of the following 3 players are going to be picked:

Knight, Valanciunas, or Kanter.

Lets say those 3 players are all gone, that means Irving or Williams is available. So like I said, one of those previous three.
                            I'd add Leonard to that list. But that's it.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• i think the raps should take knight over walker. I'm scared walker is too small to play good D...and after seeing Jose play D for the past few years, I really hope we get a PG that is at least average in playing D. If Utah takes Knight, what happens to Harris in Utah?

Comment

• ok I want to open up the debate here whats the difference between enes kanter at 3 and nikola mirotic at 21? because I don't see a difference

Comment

Working...
                                X