Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case for Rudy Gay to the Raptors: Heisley speaks to rumours (277)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Heisley's opinion is worth F-all right now on this matter:

Lets see what Robert Pera thinks about Gays contract.

Now confirmed. Heisley no longer owns the Grizzlies.
    http://www.nba.com/2012/news/06/11/g....html?rss=true

Comment

• Lets see what his advisors have to say about this.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• 30-60 dy close unless Pera immediately on board we are SOL

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
          30-60 dy close unless Pera immediately on board we are SOL
          Depends on how you viewed the interest in Gay... I am relieved because I thought it was going to cost us too much; however, if this turns our attention to Iggy then I am back in the concerned line. Just don't think either makes us an elite level team in a league that you only go as far as your best player.
          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
          ― John Wooden

Comment

• looks like he is only worth 980 million. after 350 purchase leaves him with 630 left. might be one of the "poorer" owners in the league.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              looks like he is only worth 980 million. after 350 purchase leaves him with 630 left. might be one of the "poorer" owners in the league.
              I wish I was that "poor" lol. Man is almost a billionaire, and he's not even 35.

He's a young guy, which immediately tells me that he might be more on the risky side and wouldn't mind having a big payroll at first. He's a big fan of basketball, so I assume that he might give his current core another year together. I could be wrong, but if I was in his position, I wouldn't mind a year of taking a shot at a serious run, knowing it will be my first year as an owner.
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Haha!

Ok, so we have been acting as though we had an advantage, hence our fair/ideal offer of: Davis & JJ & #8 & #37 for Gay & #25.

What if we flipped that to a fair/ideal offer from Memphis, who still saw benefit of trading Gay: DeRozan & Davis & JJ & #8 & #37 for Gay? Toronto adds DeRozan to the deal and Memphis takes #25 out of the deal. That would give Memphis 2 additional assets (starting SF and additional 1st round pick), while still enabling them to save about $8M next season (enough to re-sign Mayo & Speights?).

What are your thoughts about that trade? Both from Memphis' and Toronto's perspectives? Still a good deal for the Raptors, or is the price suddenly too high?
                Yeah, that is too rich for my blood. I'm not very high on DeRozan, but I see value in him as an asset. I'd prefer a trade that doesn't include both DeRozan and our 8th pick.

Comment

• ..unless it was for the #2 pick.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    ..unless it was for the #2 pick.
                    Yes, I would definitely reconsider if the 2nd pick was up for grabs. But I was specifically talking about a trade with Memphis.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Re Mayo, reading some posts on a Grizz site I understand that coach Hollins was reducing his mins and had him on the bench at crucial times in the LAC series. Mayo really wants out of Memphis and thinks of himself as a starter (Allen is starting) and even a PG apparently (maybe he is pushing this idea to make his conditions to stay a bit difficult). What is adding to this is he didnt have a particularly good season and a worse shooting playoffs. Which gets me thinking......(he is a RFA and the Grizz may not match).
                      Most Memphis fans feel that Mayo played poorly in reg season & playoffs because Hollins "screwed around" with his minutes. Considering he was almost traded twice (once for McRoberts?) shows how much confidence they have in him. Unless they move Gay, any offer of $7 plus mil -they will not match. Would Mayo sign for $7 mil. Don't know.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Minnesota is really interesting. I had not thought of that before.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7mfdurs

Last year's #2 in Derrick Williams (new SF), Ridnour (back up PG), Miller (only $500k guaranteed, alreasy announced retirement - financial flexibility), and #18.

*EDIT*

If memory serves correct it was the Wolves who put the pressure on the Grizz to sign Gay to the max contract - if the Grizz didn't the Wolves would.
                        I honestly don't see how we can compete with this offer. Was Williams such a disaster in his first year? Is he pregnant?

Comment

I agree. I also said this in the original post.
                          You are correct. I was merely clarifying/concurring Memphis/Sacramento issue, without clearly elucidating.
                          My apology. I did state that your opening was very analytical, detailed and just well done.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                            Most Memphis fans feel that Mayo played poorly in reg season & playoffs because Hollins "screwed around" with his minutes. Considering he was almost traded twice (once for McRoberts?) shows how much confidence they have in him. Unless they move Gay, any offer of $7 plus mil -they will not match. Would Mayo sign for $7 mil. Don't know.
                            This is off topic. I noticed your location and have to ask if you know of (or indeed seen) the Vlade Divac film "Once Brothers" which is mainly about the Yugoslav BB team and in particular his close relationship with Drazen Petrovic (a Croat as you know). This of course all came apart as a result of the unfortunate events/breakup of Yugoslavia. It was a very sad film on many levels incl. the premature death of DP. I caught it on a local sports channel in Canada showing ESPN programming.

Comment

• Communications magnate Robert J. Pera just agreed a fee to buy the Memphis Grizzlies earlier this week, but already his bid looks to be in trouble. A rough week at the market for Pera’s communications technology firm Ubiquiti networks is to blame, according to a report from the New York Daily News.

Ubiquiti’s stock has fallen precipitously over the last two weeks, a drop that affects not just the company but also Pera’s personal net worth. Valued at nearly $1 billion just two weeks ago, Pera is now believed to sit closer to $200 million, less than the $350 million he bid for the Grizzlies. If Pera’s bid does fall apart, current owner Michael Heisley will retain control of the team.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/17/me...-sale-trouble/
                              Rough week for Pera.

Anyone else happy by this news?

Comment

Rough week for Pera.

Anyone else happy by this news?
                                Hee Hee Hee

Hello Rudy?

PS Man how would you like to lose $800 million in a couple of weeks? And now be stuck with a stinking $200 million?

Comment

Working...
                                X