Kevin Love testing the waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Love testing the waters

Kevin Love won't sign an extension with the Twolves. Says he's exploring the free agent market and wants to play with a contender. The Lakers and Suns aren't good enough for him apparently as he is most interested in joining the Warriors or the Bulls.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...state-warriors

Contender?

Come to us Kevin.

Durant and Love?

2Kevin
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      Contender?

Come to us Kevin.

Durant and Love?

2Kevin
      Kev squared
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Please come to toronto Kevin!! Tim leiweke is the boss hopefully he and Masai can make a good pitch to him, I mean we got igloos, we ride polar bears lol jk

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Contender?

Come to us Kevin.

Durant and Love?

2Kevin
          Just like any situation involving Kevin Durant, in the end, Westbrook doesn't get Love.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

Gift of Love: 29 trades for 29 teams

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-for-29-teams

Raptors receive: Kevin Love
            Wolves receive: Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross, John Salmons, No. 20 pick in 2014, Knicks’ first-round pick in 2016

It would leave the Raptors searching for a big man to protect the paint, but in today’s NBA, you could get away with a Love-Amir Johnson frontcourt against a lot of teams. The Wolves get the young assets they crave, the draft picks they need and the cap relief necessary to keep their options open. They’d have to move Pekovic next, and they don’t get rid of Martin's contract in this scenario, but it’s a good start to the rebuilding plan. This might be a lot for the Raptors to give up, but general manager Masai Ujiri can just fleece the next four trades he makes and even it all out.
            I would do this trade though I'm pretty sure Kevin Love would not consider a contract extension with the Raptors.

Comment

I wish Bosh came out and said the same thing in his last season in Toronto. Would give BC/Raptors a full summer to try to find a trade partner.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                Gift of Love: 29 trades for 29 teams

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-for-29-teams

I would do this trade though I'm pretty sure Kevin Love would not consider a contract extension with the Raptors.
                That ESPN trade is WAAAAAAY to much for a guy that will be a free agent at the end of next season.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I wish Bosh came out and said the same thing in his last season in Toronto. Would give BC/Raptors a full summer to try to find a trade partner.

That couldnt happen since the die was already cast that he was committed to sign with the Heat. BC believed him on his "promise" that if he did not sign with TO he would at least work with BC to get a favorable S&T (BC said this publicly and if Iam not mistaken in Bosh's presence in a presser). As with VC, I understand a player's need to explore his options whenever they can. But to be duplicitous to all including the fanbase is pretty low. One of BC's faults ironically was that he seemed to bend over when dealing with players on contract terms and general handling.

Comment

Working...
                  X