No announcement yet.

Changing Circumstances: A Tanking Argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ujiri is not a Tanker. Even if he did/does decide to trade Gay, he'd try to bring back valuable pieces that will still help this team compete like he did with Melo.

Comment

When you factor in how inefficient Andrea was last year and how little time he actually played and then consider how solid Tyler is and how he fits Casey's system it's easy to say Tyler is an upgrade; note that I'm not saying more talented. A big man rotation of JV and Amir starting with Hansborough being the primary off the bench will be more productive. Not to mentioned JV should take another step forward this year.

With all else remaining equal, along with a three point marksman providing a different look every now and then it's not outlandish to think that they can win four to six more games this year if everyone stays healthy. That puts them in at 38-40 wins; 8th seed won 38 last season.

A round one dance with the Champs is a legit possibility.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        When you factor in how inefficient Andrea was last year and how little time he actually played and then consider how solid Tyler is and how he fits Casey's system it's easy to say Tyler is an upgrade; note that I'm not saying more talented. A big man rotation of JV and Amir starting with Hansborough being the primary off the bench will be more productive. Not to mentioned JV should take another step forward this year.

With all else remaining equal, along with a three point marksman providing a different look every now and then it's not outlandish to think that they can win four to six more games this year if everyone stays healthy. That puts them in at 38-40 wins; 8th seed won 38 last season.

A round one dance with the Champs is a legit possibility.
        You throw in the improvements of Ross, possibly Gay with his corrected Vision, Lowry, and DeRozan. You got possibly 6 to 8 extra wins just from internal development. I wouldn't be sad if we ended up 8th but i wanna be somewhere between 5 - 7, but any playoff spot is awesome at this point. This City is killing for playoff basketball

Comment

Yeah, not to mention Gay for an entire season and with everybody used to playing with him; chemistry.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            You throw in the improvements of Ross, possibly Gay with his corrected Vision, Lowry, and DeRozan. You got possibly 6 to 8 extra wins just from internal development. I wouldn't be sad if we ended up 8th but i wanna be somewhere between 5 - 7, but any playoff spot is awesome at this point. This City is killing for playoff basketball
            Apollo wrote: View Post
            Yeah, not to mention Gay for an entire system and with everybody used to playing with him; chemistry.
            gotta love that organic growth, eh?! lol

Comment

If only we won 1/3 of the games we lost in the last 2 mins last year, we where playoff bound
              Having RG for a full year from the start, with our present roster, our team is playoff bound----of course baring any injuries

Comment

lol, Masai's words putting a damper on the tank excitement? Good!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                  +1.
                  Good. Lets see what this squad does for the first 30-40 games and we can reassess at the trade deadline.

I feel like they should still be looking for a legit backup PG. who can we get for 2 mil
                  Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
                  Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
                  Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

No, more the anti-tank brigade deciding that Masai publicly saying what he has to say means anything at all. He also called Bargnani a fine athlete who just needed a change of scenery, you know.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I wonder at what point next season MU would consider it a lost season?

If the team goes 5-15 in their first 20 should he rebuild? What about 10-10? Or 12-8?

There is a fine line about being bad, mediocre and good. At what point does he cross the line without falling into the 7-11 trap?
                      Still too early to say. Depends if we get a brutal early schedule or not, how our early matchups against the other contending teams fall, et cetera.

Comment

Every time I read this "34 win team" thing, I do a big *head shake*. That's what happened last year, not where the team sits right now. There are so many reasons why this should be a better team, and different than the one that struggled through last year, that I can't imagine people ignoring them.

I'm not going to attempt to point them all out, but one of the big things tankers speak of is the need to develop young players, and have them grow together. There's development, and growth to be expected all over this team, and leaving it exactly as is (pending moves by Ujiri) makes it not the same team it was last year. Not comparing teams or specific talents, but as an example of what I speak of, in KDs 2nd year and Westbrook's 1st, OKC was a 23 win team. Were they a 23 win team the following year? No, they won 50 games.

Do I suggest the Raps can make a similar leap? No, I'm saying the team coming into next season is not the team that started last season, for many reasons, including the development of our young players.
                        Well said

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Ujiri is not a Tanker. Even if he did/does decide to trade Gay, he'd try to bring back valuable pieces that will still help this team compete like he did with Melo.
                          in a great interview he suggests it may be bad karma to tank

Comment

Charlotte won't even be 7-11, I bet they'll still be the 3rd or 2nd last in the east.
                            Atlanta will be a first round exit at best.
                            Utah will suck dick.
                            Sacramento will suck dick.
                            So will Pheonix.
                            We need use the backs of the dick sucking teams as a step ladder to winning culture which will better ensure THEEE.... 'organic growth' which will attract other players.
                            Rudy can shoot.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I agree with all the other stuff I didn't mention. I disagree however with how you under analyzed all the other teams and over analyzed the Raptors saying basically 4 of our five starters are shit at what they do lol
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

This whole "7-11" is a little bit misleading; Indiana finished 8th 2 years ago. The last two years they've finished 3rd.

So to say that if you land in the 8th spot, its some sort of Quick Sand is a little bit silly in my opinion.

Once you make the playoffs, you must obviously then look to improve, but I'd say Indiana are contenders, and they did it by just slowly building and improving year by year.

Comment

Working...
                                X