Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Leiweke on board, what happens to Colangelo now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

be careful. coangelo is a smooth talker, and has the ability to sell hope and optimism. this doesn't look good for our fellow BC haters.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      If we can't get Phil, he's definitely back.
      If the Raptors can't get Phil(i don't think they can). I'd bring Colangelo back. I mean, he built this team. And i do believe he has a plan, so why not let him finish it??
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I would love for BC to be gone and replace by Phil Jackson, but realistically, the time frame for Leiweke to make a decision on behalf of the GM position is short. He has not seen him create and try to build this team up close, he is not aware of his current plans.

It'll be likely the option is picked up, and see where they go with this season. To be honest, I would like to keep this team, but BC gone.
        He will hear his ideas in early May and I think he is going to be able to quickly identify if his plan is good and obtainable or not.

While Leiweke is not aware of current BC plans, I bet you he is aware of his results. Hopefully results finally matter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          He will hear his ideas in early May and I think he is going to be able to quickly identify if his plan is good and obtainable or not.

While Leiweke is not aware of current BC plans, I bet you he is aware of his results. Hopefully results finally matter.
          This...please God, gods, spirits, demons, ancestors or whoever the heck else you worship...let THIS be true.

Comment

I'm not going to claim I know much of anything about Leiweke, and didn't even know he existed before yesterday (in fact I kept hearing Witwicky, which got me thinking about transformers, which got me thinking about Megan Fox, which got me.... well I'm off topic here)

But from the what little it is I know I can say:

- It would a pure guess if I claimed whether he would make changes in regards to Colangelo, but I think this doesn't make a "option pick up and see the season play out" as straightforward as it once was.

- sounded so much like Colangelo. Classic business world shop talk. I've always disliked it - alot of abstract or vague wording, atleast in the way its used, that means alot or very little all at once. Not necessarily relevant I guess, just makes me cringe.

- I'd be more impressed with his resume if he grew mid or small market sports franchises into something special rather than one of the two premium markets in the US.

- definetely taking a wait and see approach with what he does (or doesn't do) with this team and MLSE in general. Is this a 'we want a guy to look after our sports franchises' scenario, with impunity? freedom? on a leash? as a face? Does this open MLSE's wallets a bit further? Is this about bringing relevance to their sports franchises (lets be honest, the Raptors and TFC aside, even for the largest and wealthiest team in a sport - the leafs aren't on the same relevancy scale as the Yankees, Lakers, Knicks, Giants etc. in their respective sports) Or is this more about setting the stage for the NFL in Toronto?

All said a done, I'm definetely not opposed to some changes at the top of the food chain.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              If the Raptors can't get Phil(i don't think they can). I'd bring Colangelo back. I mean, he built this team. And i do believe he has a plan, so why not let him finish it??
              Because at the trade deadline he will Trade Bargnani for an over the hill veteran or an overrated youngster and than say they didn't have a training camp togheter and that the talent level on the team is ready to take the next step with a full training camp, depending how the season goes, he might also send half of the blame on casey who he will fire half way thru and say his new coach needs a full training camp.
              You see we can say this every year and BC does make excuses every year. What's so special in the coming year he couldn't do in 7 ? if anything he should be fired for waiting for his contract year to increase the talent level of the team like he likes to say.

Every year the talent level of the team rises but raptors still underachieve...........BC needs to go.

I hate him, i m not gonna lie, but i was all for him staying a year so the new GM doesnt blow up the team just yet, but when PHIL M!""/$&?%$ing Jackson is in the running for your job, boy you get desperate, and desperate people do desperate things.

Comment

Anytime you have a chance to staff your organization with personnel who come from winning backgrounds, you want to do it. However...

Isaiah Thomas
                Lenny Wilkins
                Hakeem Olajuwon
                Bryan Colangelo
                Dwayne Casey

...doesn't always work out.

Comment

I was always in favour of BC staying at least another year so he gets a chance to finish his rebuilding and was optimistic he would but for the first time if have my doubts. I hope Leiweke gives him a chance.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    for me this depends on if phil wants coaches to run his sytem. right now we have no idea what phil as president would do. would he observe for a year and see what he has got? (i doubt he is very familiar with the raptors personel and players) or would he walk in and clean house right away?

mitchell would have been gone if he didn't win coach of the year when bc showed up and at bcs' first chance, he was gone.
                    The NBA is a relatively small community of people. Phil has been around the league a long time. I'm sure he knows most if not, all of the Raptors players and personnel.

@PhilJackson11: Butt, no one asked happened to Alex? He’s with Toronto btw and sorely missed. A guy that can keep players on the floor.

That is regarding Alex McKechnie, Raptors director of Sport Science. There are relationships all over this league. No reason to think he would have to 'clean house'.
                    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                      Because at the trade deadline he will Trade Bargnani for an over the hill veteran or an overrated youngster and than say they didn't have a training camp togheter and that the talent level on the team is ready to take the next step with a full training camp, depending how the season goes, he might also send half of the blame on casey who he will fire half way thru and say his new coach needs a full training camp.
                      You see we can say this every year and BC does make excuses every year. What's so special in the coming year he couldn't do in 7 ? if anything he should be fired for waiting for his contract year to increase the talent level of the team like he likes to say.

Every year the talent level of the team rises but raptors still underachieve...........BC needs to go.

I hate him, i m not gonna lie, but i was all for him staying a year so the new GM doesnt blow up the team just yet, but when PHIL M!""/$&?%$ing Jackson is in the running for your job, boy you get desperate, and desperate people do desperate things.
                      Don't think that happens. Call me naive, silly, foolish, or just stoopid but I think Leiweke can identify desperation and will not sign off on just any deal.

Comment

I slept on it and I think in the next couple of months you see:

- BC and DC fired

- PJax hired

- Shaw hired to coach

Comment

Don't think that happens. Call me naive, silly, foolish, or just stoopid but I think Leiweke can identify desperation and will not sign off on just any deal.
                          Tim Leiweke is one of the most known world-wide executives, definitely a big deal. I would agree with the fact he definitely knows whatever the hell he is doing. Plus, I like the fact his approach is towards the Raptors right now.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I slept on it and I think in the next couple of months you see:

- BC and DC fired

- PJax hired

- Shaw hired to coach
                            Do you really believe the triangle would benefit this team?

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Do you really believe the triangle would benefit this team?
                              Any offensive system beyond perennial ISO's would benefit this team..
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Any offensive system beyond perennial ISO's would benefit this team..
                                HA! Touche sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X