Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

IF LBJ goes to west can we compete for top seed in east this upcoming season? I think maybe.....I think we are logically favourites to win our division---Philly and Boston rebuilding, NYK even with Carmelo have AB and JC as integral parts so unlikely to challenge and Brooklyn will likely only have Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Brooke Lopez coming back with the last two coming off surgery. Indiana likely to fall off, Chicago will be tough. Detroit will be improved but not a threat. Cleveland could have significant improvements and Miami could be a shell of its former self if LBJ leaves.

Certainly the west is far superior BUT we could be at the best position in the history of our franchise.

Even if LBJ goes to west, I would be very happy and satisfied with Raptors' performance, if they win the first round

I am very worried about Detorit, I think they will for sure make playoffs this year

Comment

Even with LBJ staying in Miami locks them for #1 they are seriously scrambling for warm bodies to fill the roster.Toronto finished third anbd Miami and Indy look beaten up.

Comment

The answer is YES. Remember how shitty our season started. Last years' team can hit above 60% wins, this years team can probably eclipse that pace. Look to get anywhere from 50-60 wins.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

The top 5 free agents available right now are undecided on their future.

untill they fall in places, it is way too early to declare our position at the top.

P.S dont discount Atlanta. They may not look like a consensus top team, but some of the things they are working on last season and potential marquee FA signing this off season could eventually put them in the conversation with the top 3 teams. And then it'll all depends on the injury and chemistry of teams throughout the season thats going to determine the standings.

But we do have a shot at it if EVERYTHING goes right for us.

Comment

Either way, the conference is up for grabs.

Comment

The important thing is to win our division.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Too soon to tell. We need to see what east looks like in about a week or so.

Comment

This is how I see the EC standings based on news reported about various teams.

This conference is definitely open for the Raptors to take.

1) Chicago (Derrick Rose healthy, Nikola Mirotic coming over, McBuckets, and Anthony possibly joining them? Oh, and they have Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah as well).
                  2) Indiana (If Frank Vogel isn't fired, and Indiana sort out their issues, then they may very well be back as a top tier team).
                  3) Toronto (If the Raptors build on what they have last year, then without question they are top 3 in the East. They could be fighting for the first seed as well, depending on the circumstances of the other teams)
                  4) Charlotte (I wouldn't be surprised if this team makes a major jump in the standings this season.)
                  5) Washington (Dynamic back court, Gortat, Nene are still there. Ariza will likely leave, and their bench needs upgrading).
                  6) Miami (Biggest wild card in my opinion. If they retain their stars and upgrade their roster, they would be in the top 3. At this point I don't feel like that will be happening though.)
                  7) Brooklyn (Brook Lopez should be healthy, but they might lose Paul Pierce, and KG is a dead weight at this point).
                  8) Cleveland (Might be higher, might be lower. I hope that the Cleveland Canadians achieve some success this season)

New York, even with Carmelo Anthony back, will be fighting for a lower-tier seed in my opinion. Their roster is in need of serious re structuring, and they are stacked heavily at the 1 and 2 positions. If they can move around some assets for quality bigs, and retain Anthony, they can still be in the top 8. That, like everything else, remains to be seen.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

The East is wide open.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Apparently Melo will be staying in NY, which is good considering he won't end up going to the Bulls. But Phil looks like he has a plan, that's why Melo feels 'comfortable' resigning. So look for them to be aggressive in 2015 free agency, but for this year we should be able to get that #1 seed.

And I heard LeBron and Cleveland have interest, if that's true, well Houston you got a problem. And so do we.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

we will definitely be competing for the atlantic title again but #1 seed in the conference and true contender is still a year or two away

Comment

If LeBron goes to West sure. If he stays no chance. They're good enough to compete for the #2 seed though i think.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

If Lebron stays in the easy then there's almost no chance we finish first. Second is definitely something we can battle for though.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              If Lebron stays in the easy then there's almost no chance we finish first. Second is definitely something we can battle for though.
                              But if Lebron stays in Miami, I still think we have a chance at 1st overall. Miami is going to struggle to put a polished product on the court next season.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X