Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry Abbott (the guy who started TrueHoop) confirms raps are the worst team in nba.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Abbott (the guy who started TrueHoop) confirms raps are the worst team in nba.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...ive?id=3634017

RR says detroit is even better. Says cavs are better cuz of Varejao.

Also says the peja expiring isnt worth much since NOH gave it up for 2 bench players.

RR then goes on to ridicule BC saying BC probably says to himself, "hey can I get one more OVERPAID white guy who cant rebound or play defense ?

If you think Henry Abbott is a hater, you got problems...

He is within right to criticize Colangelo, we all are for that matter. The man has messed up many times. That said there is no way in hell the Raptors are the worst team in the NBA and I don't give a shit what Peja is worth because the whole point in acquiring him is to dump cap for a rebuild (my theory). Bayless has potential, more so than Jack. Bayless is the key piece who we SHOULD be focused on. If he develops into a solid rotation guy or better then the trade was no doubt worth it. Fingers crossed on him being one of those Colangelo's diamonds in the rough.

Comment

I don't understand how we're the worst team when we're 5-9 and the Clip are 1-13... Not to mention Jersey, Philly, Wizards, Minny, and Houston have less wins. Hardly.

Comment

Henry Abbott is a hater...

He's smart though. If he says that the Raps are the worst team in the league, he knows that the Raps fans will want to listen to it and talk about it.. he gets more hits, more publicity.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          I don't understand how we're the worst team when we're 5-9 and the Clip are 1-13... Not to mention Jersey, Philly, Wizards, Minny, and Houston have less wins. Hardly.
          he's talking about cap flex, draft picks, and young players...

blake griffin and eric gordon are the top 2 players on either franchise

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Henry Abbott is a hater...

He's smart though. If he says that the Raps are the worst team in the league, he knows that the Raps fans will want to listen to it and talk about it.. he gets more hits, more publicity.
            huh ? you think ESPN needs more publicity ? lol ok...

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
              huh ? you think ESPN needs more publicity ? lol ok...
              ESPN and their columinsts know that hitting hot topics with Raptors fans means more hits on articles. Raptors fans constantly flood espn's email boxes.

Way to bring something constructive to the forum. Maybe you need to go the way of your buddy trife and have a little time out in the corner...

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                ESPN and their columinsts know that hitting hot topics with Raptors fans means more hits on articles. Raptors fans constantly flood espn's email boxes.

Way to bring something constructive to the forum. Maybe you need to go the way of your buddy trife and have a little time out in the corner...
                not that it has to be, but it is constructive, when you open people's eyes to the truth...

and for the record, ESPN is a multi-billion dollar corporation, and henry didnt write a column about it... he said it for 2 seconds during a podcast on someone else's show...

and you dont get paid, when raptor fans email you...lol

Comment

More hits = increased traffic = increased ad revenue.

Henry is welcome to his own opinion, we all are - even you. Opinions don't make them right. Teams aren't judged on paper either, they are judged on the court. This year the Raps have so far beaten Orlando and Boston, gave LAL and MIA a run for their money, played awful and beat Philly, and beat Houston. I would have to disagree with Henry.

I would welcome being a Raptors fan at this time rather than the Cavs, Detroit, Philly, Houston, Sacramento (arena and bankrupt city/state issue), and LAC (although if they get rid of Kaman and Davis, things are looking up).

Comment

Hypocrisy I say. Didn't the latest ESPN power rankings indicates that the Raps moved 6 spots to to 18th?

Raps are movin' on up.

We're in the top 20 and this douche is slagging the team? Hey, as much as I'm critical of Bargs, I'll defend this team and the city of Toronto. You know what, the problem here is that Mr. Abbott really doesn't spend enough time here. He needs to watch the team grow and then afterwards, he needs to go out with The Young Onez (with Bayless being the new member) and get some TO nightlife in his system. I bet you after one session, he'd be back for more while praising the team and the city for its flavour. Heck, if BC let's him wear one of his shirts, he might get some too.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Oh shoot. I didn't realize Henry Abbot wrote (very very poorly, mind you) about anything other than the Blazers and Heat.

Good to know.
                      Last edited by bearvon; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

LOL players probably laugh at that fool for knowing so little yet claiming so much. If that guy knows Raps are worst team in the league I guess Raptors should just stop playing and beating teams like Orlando and Boston because clearly were gonna fiish in last.

Comment

Who cares about Abbott.

Comment

HOw can you "confirm" something like that? At this it's point it's simply subjective.

In the words of Indigo Montoya, as written by William Goldman, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The only things i read in ESPN and the NBA.com are the power rankings, coz theyre based on what actually happened in the past week. I also like Sekou Smith coz he's pretty much basing his article on interviews, facts, etc.

All the other columnists are fantasy writers. maybe they're a step higher than rick kamla, just because rick deals with the fantasy insider part and these other so-called experts say theyre writing about what's really happening in the NBA.

these are the same guys who said before that allen, garnett and pierce will not amount to anything coz theyre old and past their prime. same guys are forecasting that the heat will be unbeatable this year, might even break the bull's 72 wins. i really dont see the value in their "predictions". theyre just glorified nba fans, people just like us who just because they got to rub elbows with nba aficionados suddenly got a rep in writing about the NBA. these people has followed the nba the same time as us. so i really dont know what the big fuss is about.

Comment

Working...
                              X