Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me what Casey is doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I wasnt saying fields has been a bad player but even if the contract is a big one if he is a negative on the team you have to turn else where and all the raps have is Anderson. Last season we were a much slower team less possessions Calderon doesnt make silly turn overs on the bold plays Lowry goes for. Last season there was no Bargnani and the line up though bad was coherent Calderon Bayless> Lowry LLucas. The rookies dont know what they are doing and of people on the squad its just DeRozanm Amir Gray and Bargnani now leftovers from that last season preaching defense. The team didnt go into the camp or season wanting to be a defensive team BC wanted a run and gun if a guy is your boss you give him what he wants not until recently has Casey been coaching his way again, the loses.

the flak going Casey's way is very unfair the team as a whole is pretty awful yes I love me some JV and Ross its great they are getting their burn, but with extended play you are going to get loses on elder players just exposing them all night and thats whats been happening. Not so much Casey losing the room but on the players phoning it in with thoughts of having nothing to play for. Next season will be a time to fairly judge Casey, till then in a second season its premature.
    FIrst bold:
    Last season Raps were 25th in pace (89.3). This season Raps are 24th (90.4).
    Last season Calderon played 33.9mpg with 2.0to. Lowry this season as a starter has played 31.6mpg with 2.5to.
    Last season Raps were 10th in turnovers at 15.2 per game. This season Raps are 27th in turnovers at 13.7 per game.
    Last season Raps were 28th at 90.7. This season Raps are 16th in ppg with 97.2.

Second bold:
    I got nothing. Your opinion is cool. Personally I look at it as too many excuses for everyone and everyone gets a free pass. At some point there needs to be accountability - from BC to Casey to the players.

Third bold:
    Actually flak is justified as there is a significant talent upgrade on this team. Casey has not adapted while players have.

Fourth bold:
    http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison
    The youngest team in the league is 7 games over .500 and sitting in the 7th seed in the west.
    Some notable teams that are younger than Toronto and have less experience are: Denver, OKC, GS, Indiana, Houston.
    This fallacy and spin put forth by Casey is bullsh!t. Youth is not a problem, talent is - of which Toronto has much more than previous years. Coaching is now a problem - on both sides of the ball.

Fifth:
    That is exactly what happens when a coach loses the room. If players aren't motivated, that IS on the coach. The problem is the message he has been pushing for 71 games this season failed and it would appear, in my opinion, the players don't care anymore.

Sixth:
    I said this so often about Colangelo it hurts me to remember. I think it is slaw who has been talking about the oak tree.... no better time than now. Casey unfortunately is an extension of BC. Both need to go. And I am confused with this statement combined with the last sentence in the first paragraph where you stated since Casey has returned to coaching his way and thus the losses.... that is a bad thing, no?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:18 PM. Reason: addition to first

Comment

Maybe....just maybe

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Maybe....just maybe
        Sweet merciful crap, don't give me false hope.

Comment

Maybe....just maybe
          Lol who says he wants to come here? Looks like the Pistons are going to be in need of a coach soon...Frank may be headed to Rutgers.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If the raptors get Jerry Sloan. I would cry tears of joy. This team would be a potential top 4 seed if he was at the helm

Comment

Jerry Sloan is the only coach Id want to replace Casey and even if he took the job I would want Casey remaining as ast coach for the Raps.

Comment

Sloan would be great. I wonder if he would consider it. I wonder if BC would, cause I'm sure Sloan would tell him how it is.

Comment

Maybe....just maybe
                  I still say it only makes sense to fire Casey if it means it will improve the team, and the only way to guarantee that is to bring in someone who is actually better at coaching. The way I see it, we replace Casey with another guy who is pretty close to being a rookie coach and we'll be having the same conversations about the new guy in 2-3 years.

That said, Jerry Sloan is a whole 'nother ball of wax. There's about 20+ NBA coaches that I would replace with Jerry Sloan even if they just won 60 games.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I still say it only makes sense to fire Casey if it means it will improve the team, and the only way to guarantee that is to bring in someone who is actually better at coaching. The way I see it, we replace Casey with another guy who is pretty close to being a rookie coach and we'll be having the same conversations about the new guy in 2-3 years.

That said, Jerry Sloan is a whole 'nother ball of wax. There's about 20+ NBA coaches that I would replace with Jerry Sloan even if they just won 60 games.
                    Honestly, if the raps were serious about winning Ross would not see a minute, I can bet money colangenlo is telling Casey to tank ... I remember Triano saying that 1 time. Once colangenlo goes you will see a difference. Casey is a good coach

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      Honestly, if the raps were serious about winning Ross would not see a minute, I can bet money colangenlo is telling Casey to tank ... I remember Triano saying that 1 time. Once colangenlo goes you will see a difference. Casey is a good coach
                      Colangelo telling Casey to tank, with due respect, does not make sense. Ending up with one of the top 3 picks is not what the Raps. want. In fact I think Colangelo is pushing Casey more than ever, to win as many games as possible. Raps. owe OKC a pick and they want them to use it this year(weak draft).
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                        Colangelo telling Casey to tank, with due respect, does not make sense. Ending up with one of the top 3 picks is not what the Raps. want. In fact I think Colangelo is pushing Casey more than ever, to win as many games as possible. Raps. owe OKC a pick and they want them to use it this year(weak draft).
                        Unless there's a player in the top-3 that BC really likes and thinks could be the missing piece, or as trade bait (ie: to help sweeten pot for Bargnani, after the draft), or to make another player (ie: DeRozan) trade bait. If the Raps can improve directly/indirectly from this draft, enough to be a legit playoff team for the next few years, they wouldn't have to ever giveup a lottery pick to OKC (though their 2018 pick is completely unprotected). Who knows at this point...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Unless there's a player in the top-3 that BC really likes and thinks could be the missing piece, or as trade bait (ie: to help sweeten pot for Bargnani, after the draft), or to make another player (ie: DeRozan) trade bait. If the Raps can improve directly/indirectly from this draft, enough to be a legit playoff team for the next few years, they wouldn't have to ever giveup a lottery pick to OKC (though their 2018 pick is completely unprotected). Who knows at this point...
                          `Trade bait to help sweeten the pot for Bargnani or even Derozan` is something I never thought about. It would be worth drafting one of top 3 if the pick along with Bargnani or Derozan can net us a solid player in return. That being said, I still doubt very much that Casey has been instructed to lose.

It`s true that they can save(never lose) the pick if they make the play offs until 2018 but a bit risky to plan that way.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                            `Trade bait to help sweeten the pot for Bargnani or even Derozan` is something I never thought about. It would be worth drafting one of top 3 if the pick along with Bargnani or Derozan can net us a solid player in return. That being said, I still doubt very much that Casey has been instructed to lose.

It`s true that they can save(never lose) the pick if they make the play offs until 2018 but a bit risky to plan that way.
                            I didn't mean to imply they've been instructed to lose. I don't think they really care one way or the other, as there are options for both not getting a pick this year and getting one. I actually think BC has lots of options available at his disposal... whether or not he chooses to put them all on the table for consideration is another discussion! lol

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I didn't mean to imply they've been instructed to lose. I don't think they really care one way or the other, as there are options for both not getting a pick this year and getting one. I actually think BC has lots of options available at his disposal... whether or not he chooses to put them all on the table for consideration is another discussion! lol
                              Coming to think of it you`re right, it`s not so bad `cause BC has a lot of options. I do remember this interview on the Bob MCowan show though where BC mentioned they`d prefer to lose the pick this year than any other year. Let`s see.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I agree with your assessment. WRT our "sets" being good -partially true. Most teams only play tough D in 4th Q & playoffs -Hence, our good sets (that only generate a mid-range J) now become mid-range J over tougher D (and frequently a double team coming at esp Gay -thus a lot of stripped balls). Considering we fart around for 15 plus secs -that does not leave enough time to swing the ball at least 2-3 times for an open shot. As the result KL or Fields or whoever frequently has to take a poor, off balance long J with little or no time left on clock.
                                In the nutshell way too many iso plays with no plan B (Gay or Demar WILL take that long 2 no matter what).
                                While Gay & DD are both above average (IMO) mid-range shooters, both are below average (for position) from 3.
                                Demar at least knows that & limits them.
                                -Early in the game we run a lot of plays for Val & Amir with generally good results (Baby hook, pnr, kickout....) that usually stops late in the game. Effective or not -it is important to keep other team honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X