Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

draft best player available or position of need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draft best player available or position of need?

if bayless and calderon can play pg which i beleive they can all of a sudden our position of need becomes center (if move bargani moves to pf) and sf...

q can james johnson can be our starter? if yes then center is our position of need..

what u guys think

draft kanter or kawhi
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
      if bayless and calderon can play pg which i beleive they can all of a sudden our position of need becomes center (if move bargani moves to pf) and sf...

q can james johnson can be our starter? if yes then center is our position of need..

what u guys think
      Well, Calderon has been playing PG for the last 5.5 years, so I'm pretty sure he can do it, as well.

And it's stupid to draft for need rather than take the best player available. That's when you make moves like Aruajo over Iguodala and Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Well, Calderon has been playing PG for the last 5.5 years, so I'm pretty sure he can do it, as well.

And it's stupid to draft for need rather than take the best player available. That's when you make moves like Aruajo over Iguodala and Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.
        +1 Excellent point. Aruajo was a huge mistake, lets not let that happen again.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Best player always. Unless you are coming off the final four...drafting low and then you shore up any needs or draft high potential for the future.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Best player always. Unless you are coming off the final four...drafting low and then you shore up any needs or draft high potential for the future.
            +1
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Kemba

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post

good point... but if he moves to backup im sure he could do really well, and this lets us draft a sf or center ... however if james johnson develops into a legit starter .. all of a sudden a lineup of bayless derozan johnson bargnani and x seems pretty legit ...

but the two quetion marks are how will bayless and johnson be able to handle starting roles... sooo with that in mind do you draft a pg or a sf and let them backup or do you draft a center (assuming best avaiable player left when raptors draft) who can fufill an immediate need ...

Comment

Best talent available is kind of relative in this draft
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Best talent available is kind of relative in this draft
                    if we're talkin bout talent then kemba is the player we should draft.

Comment

If brandon knight is not available then draft Leonard.
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                        If brandon knight is not available then draft Leonard.
                        i like leonard but we already have james johnson. Who is also a good defender and shot blocker(for his position) and stat sheet stuffer who can basically do everything and plays with a drive and passion to win. All he needs to do this off season is work on his mid range jumper and 3 pt shooting and he will be a good starter next season. I think it would be safer to go with someone like kemba or knight and then trade calderon.

Comment

definetly best player a rebuilding team like us need to stock up as much talent as possible and in my opinion kemba is better then knight so we should take kemba walker. try to get another top ten pick and take biyombo with it
                          ya dun noe

Comment

Bismack Biyombo hands down.

Comment

With the way the team is currently, BPA, no question about it. Drafting for need in this draft could be nothing short of disastrous.

Comment

Working...
                              X