Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McGrady Disses Bosh; Says Toronto Fans Don't Know Why They're Even Booing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGrady Disses Bosh; Says Toronto Fans Don't Know Why They're Even Booing.

“They don’t. I’m telling you, they really don’t,” he said. “It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh in selling out the city — like the city was horrible or something ... making crazy comments about the city.

“(In 2000), it was Toronto or going back home to Orlando. That’s pretty much it. I love the city. Everytime I come back, I really enjoy my time here.”
    http://www.nba.com/games/20101222/DE...#nbaGIboxscore

Ouch. Seems like its never going to stop.

He has a point, no?

Comment

He sure does.

Comment

McGrady disses Bosh; Says Toronto fans don't know why they're even booing

Gotta agree, compared to Carter and Bosh, McGrady left on a good note.

Comment

Been saying this for a while but fans in Toronto are really really stupid. And the media certainly doesn't help.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            Been saying this for a while but fans in Toronto are really really stupid. And the media certainly doesn't help.
            +1

all you'll hear from people tomorrow is "trade the whole team and start over!"

Comment

ya man, i want to raps to win a championship really badly. To prove to everyone that we don't suck.

Comment

T-Mac was never a star until he went to Orlando. He showed flashes averaging 15 ppg in his last season in Toronto. I've got nothing against McGrady. He simply did what was better for him. Plus we already had Carter so he was blocking his development. Toronto fans in general will boo any past player. I'm surprised Charlie V didn't get booed. Leafs fans boo Brian McCabe...what for?

Comment

It was actually nice to see t-mac go to work. I've always liked to watch him play.

Comment

Matt Devlin also commented on how the Raptors were 10-18 coming into tonight and 11-17 at this time last year. He and Leo commented indirectly on how Bosh wasn't as much to the franchise as we all thought.

Comment

Damn, can't argue that. He's totally right - as much as I wanted T-Mac to stay, he never dumped on the city after or admitted on tv he stopped trying his hardest on the floor. And I'm glad he recognizes how much of a bitch move it was for Bosh to say the stupid shit that he said about Toronto.
                      http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

DarkKnight wrote: View Post
                        Damn, can't argue that. He's totally right - as much as I wanted T-Mac to stay, he never dumped on the city after or admitted on tv he stopped trying his hardest on the floor. And I'm glad he recognizes how much of a bitch move it was for Bosh to say the stupid shit that he said about Toronto.
                        Exactly!! Bosh was and is a bitch, handled leaving immaturely like a media whore, and then continued to say dumb ass stuff about Toronto, whereas McGrady never did anything to Toronto but leave to be closer to home, where he might get a chance to play and develop outside VC's shadow. McGrady if you remember was also being very poorly handled by the coach who should never have coached basketball.
                        Booing McGrady is a classless act, while booing Bosh will be pure heaven!

Comment

i'll boo any player not wearing a raptors jersey.. the only exception to that rule is nash.

but mcgrady always did get a bum wrap here

Comment

You have to be a real idiot to boo someone and not even know why. Maybe it's because he's related to Carter.
                            Booing doesn't have the desired effect of throwing someone off their game.
                            Look what happened when they booed LEbRON. It woke up a team that was playing terrible and ever since they've played fantastic.

Comment

I think people boo for the simple fact that McGrady was our chance to move up the NBA food chain and when he left he took that with him. People also boo because McGrady left without returning calls from the Raptors when he apparently lead them to believe he was a lock to come back. Personally I never held it against him becaue of the way he was handled the three years he was here but he did snub the team in he end...but a saint compared to Bosh and VC.

McGrady was one of Grunwalds biggest screw ups. Not having the balls to tell Coaches (Walker and Carter) to play him...and then believing McGrady had Toronto #1 on his list (which, again, McGrady apparently had told the team) then getting practically nothing for losing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X