Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    1. They are great.
    2. If Bargs plays further away from the basket (as per the norm), I think Amir/Davis will be excellent at corralling them. Much better than Bosh in fact.
    Amir will have a higher Oreb rate and lower Dreb rate than Bosh, no doubt. Davis hasn't even played a game yet.

Comment

If playing the PF makes Bargnani play closer to the rim, then I'm all for it, but I don't think it matters. If he wasn't able to use his quickness against the C's in this league over the last three years, then he sure as hell won't do it against the PFs.

Re: Rebounding

He can't box out his own shadow, maybe his height advantage will yield him more rebounds (since PFs are usually shorter), but since he doesn't jump and other PFs do, even that's questionable.

Comment

The point of what I was saying is that Amir and Davis will probably REB better than him.

Davis and Johnson will both be better rebounders than CB4, so will Bargs.

Comment

The point of what I was saying is that Amir and Davis will probably REB better than him.

Way to ruin a decent thread.

Comment

ummm...how does that ruin the thread.....

Comment

ummm...how does that ruin the thread.....
              Because you said Bargnani will be a better rebounder than insert any big man.

Comment

ruined is a harsh word though

so what if bargs' reb numbers are better than cb's this year? can we come back to this thread and swith the word ruined with 'enhanced'?

davis will be an all star soon enuff, so all the cb fanboys wont need to sh** the bed anymore. dude has skillz.

Comment

Ummm..hello..it makes a big difference in terms of positioning for rebounding, which is what we were talking about.
                  rude

Comment

ruined is a harsh word though

so what if bargs' reb numbers are better than cb's this year? can we come back to this thread and swith the word ruined with 'enhanced'?

davis will be an all star soon enuff, so all the cb fanboys wont need to sh** the bed anymore. dude has skillz.
                    Was bargnani's dick in your mouth as you typed this?

Comment

I'm curious how you can even type this s**t. Bosh was the 6th leading rebounder in the entire league. The only better rebounder on the team, per minute, was Reggie Evans. Bargnani was 7th. On the team. In order to average double digit rebounding, Bargnani would have to play 56.5 mpg.

And since offensive rebounding is generally only a small percentage of a player's rebounding total, where he plays on offense doesn't matter. Loads of perimeter big men don't have trouble grabbing boards. Only Bargnani.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                        Priceless!
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

God bless you, Brasky.

Comment

Hopefully Bargs and Amir!
                            "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

If Chris Bosh does not resign, I believe there are several alternatives that may be available to the Raptors. I think Bargnani should be the starting PF with the Raptors exploring deals to acquire a Haywood, Milicic or Okefor,
                              all big men who will compliment Bargnani's style of play.

Comment

Bargs is best when guarding the opposing team's larger power based interior player who tries to isolate and back him down. Conversely, many PFs are just too quick and athletic for him to handle. I think that has been the consensus for quite some time.

Amir, on the other hand, is best when guarding quick PFs.

Bargs is going to suck at rebounding regardless of whether he's at PF or C. His lack of defensive awareness and understanding of team & weakside defense, while perhaps a bigger issue at C, will still remain a problem at PF. He's also going to struggle with transition defense no matter what 'position' he's playing.

On offense, you want to force the other team's C into a matchup with Bargnani, since he is usually no match for Bargnani's shooting range and first step.
                                I only remember one instance of Bargs getting completely burned by his man last season and that was against Lemarcus Aldrige. He had very good games against big guys like Duncan and Howard, and I also remember him doing a fairly good job on Nowinski and Pau Gasol, who are both more finesse guys. Bargs has fairly quick feet and I see no reason or evidence to indicate he could not guard fours in the NBA. The issue is more that we need someone who can take on the opposing teams five, and we didn't have any this past season and won't next season.
                                I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is absolutely no difference between the 4 and the 4 and 5 on the offensive end and what people need to start saying is not, "move Bargs to the four" and instead say, 'move Bargs into the high post". I'm pretty sure that is what most people mean when they talk about Bargs as a power forward.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X