No announcement yet.

Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. If the Knicks deal goes as planned, what a sad, sad day to be the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

• Imperial wrote: View Post
      Wow. If the Knicks deal goes as planned, what a sad, sad day to be the Toronto Raptors.
      Couldn't agree more...

Comment

• If Houston signs Lin to a large offer sheet and someone else does the same to Novak...correct me if I'm wrong but they won't have the cap space again will they?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          "IF" being the key word in that statement.
          He must be thinking hard about his game right now,
          with what LeBron has accomplished since he was able to asses his game and improved on it.
          There's no way he should dominate the ball with Nash orchestrating the offense.

Comment

• I suppose we as Raptors fans could just go blind with rage and continue a trend of saying "Fu*k the Knicks." Calderon can still shore up the PG position...I don't really know what would be worth trying to get that other teams don't already have a hold on. I mean sure Dragic/Lowry would be a minor consolation. (We'd probably have to grossly overpay them to get them anyway)

We need a stronger wing, but now we are loaded with mediocre talent. If Steve Nash didn't want to come, no halfway decent wing is going to come here. (In addition to being on the hook for Fields at about 19M)
            Last edited by Imperial; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Minnesota is about to get Batum, probably the most coveted SF in free agency. The problem isn't location. The problem is that we do not have a winning franchise. There are two ways to lure free agents in sports - money and winning.

Problem with money is that there are cap restrictions on every team in the NBA, so basically every team can afford around the same amount of money theoretically. That's why cities like NY/LA, etc can get the top players because those players can have their cake and eat it as well.

The other is winning. Bluejays were winning, and were able to get top notch free agents. My hope was to get Nash to help get us there, but that doesn't seem likely anymore. Not sure what plan B is, but I'd probably start by acclimating Stefanski as our new GM.
              Minny is still a US team.
              And Batum is French.
              Americans prefer to play in the US where they get less tax and can play closer to home.

Comment

• ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
                Beyond any sign-and-trade talks, Mavericks remain in talks w/Steve Nash as well, sources say. I'm told Raps aren't conceding yet, either

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
                  Beyond any sign-and-trade talks, Mavericks remain in talks w/Steve Nash as well, sources say. I'm told Raps aren't conceding yet, either
                  This is going to get ugly...

Comment

• Maybe Nash has instructed teams to work out their deals with Phoenix, so that everything is in place when he makes his decision. The last thing he'd want is to pick a team, only to run into a snag during the S&T negotiations that causes him or either franchise to come away having egg on their face. Maybe this really is all just due dilligence on the part of the NYKs???

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Maybe Nash has instructed teams to work out their deals with Phoenix, so that everything is in place when he makes his decision. The last thing he'd want is to pick a team, only to run into a snag during the S&T negotiations that causes him or either franchise to come away having egg on their face. Maybe this really is all just due dilligence on the part of the NYKs???
                      The ex-wife story makes me think otherwise.

Comment

• Ughhhh. Just put the Raptors out of their misery.

Comment

• Can we throw more money at him ?? Fuck if he signs with someone else please god let it be Dallas or LA !! To see him with the Knicks 4 times next year will hurt !

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
                            He must be thinking hard about his game right now,
                            with what LeBron has accomplished since he was able to asses his game and improved on it.
                            There's no way he should dominate the ball with Nash orchestrating the offense.
                            The thing about LeBron is that he was always capable of dominating the game when he's needed and was able to make others better when he's got help from Wade and Bosh. LeBron was always a willing and unselfish passer while Melo is not. LeBron James averages like 6.2 assists per game last year while Melo only average 2.2 assists last year. Suddenly being unselfish and help out with the orchestration of the offense isn't something you can easily change in the offseason. You might see him average sightly more assists, but I wouldn't expect too much of a change. He's probably thinking about his game right now like you said, but like I said, don't expect a huge change. On an unrelated note, I can't believe I'm actually praising James the way I am right now...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              This is going to get ugly...
                              Hopefully nothing too ridiculously ugly...

Comment

• This has turned into quite the circus. Who would have thought, pre July 1st, that Nash would cause the most drama of all the FA's.

Comment

Working...
                                X