No announcement yet.

Game #22: Toronto Raptors 126 - Phoenix Suns 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offence is very good, it's the defence that's lagging (though both are still top 10). If there is a trade where Toronto gets to be choosers, I'd prefer a guy like Noel over a Mirotic.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      That..and it’s just not in Ujiri’s DNA to make a forced trade when from his viewpoint his team is making great strides down the path he wants with existing personnel. A trade for the sake of a trade is highly unlikely. So far Serge has missed a couple games with knee swelling and Bebe can’t stay healthy for much longer than a month.

However..in the world of message board blogging there are endless permutations on the hypothetical.

I myself would love to trade the massive unseen and under utilized potential of Bruno Caboclo to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis. The Pelys have a C in Cousins and could use more three point shooting which Caboclo can bring. Insert plethora of statistics here to support trade.. This hangs as well as the JV trade to Dallas.
      Yeah common fandom trades are "trade player who I think is really shitty for player I think is really good."
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Board be double posting
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Lol at getting Anthony Davis. This is why homerism is problematic, it prevents you from looking at almost anything rationally.

Pels have no reason to trade him, and even if they did we do not have the assets to acquire him. Even if we could trade OG, Powell, JV, Wright, etc they would reject that.

Bruno has almost zero trade value. Idk why people think he's some prized asset. He's a 4 year d-leaguer who has shown nothing in the NBA so far.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Lol at getting Anthony Davis. This is why homerism is problematic, it prevents you from looking at almost anything rationally.

Pels have no reason to trade him, and even if they did we do not have the assets to acquire him. Even if we could trade OG, Powell, JV, Wright, etc they would reject that.

Bruno has almost zero trade value. Idk why people think he's some prized asset. He's a 4 year d-leaguer who has shown nothing in the NBA so far.
            My god, it was a joke.

Comment

Lol at getting Anthony Davis. This is why homerism is problematic, it prevents you from looking at almost anything rationally.

Pretty sure the point of the post was that it's ridiculous to suggest a trade that doesn't make sense for the other team. The implication being that the suggested Matthews trade is similarly ridiculous (in the implied lack of consideration for the needs of the Mavs), although obviously to a different degree. You know, hyperbole, and all that.

I don't agree that the Dallas deal is all that far-fetched, but I do agree that they wouldn't do it. JV as a target doesn't make sense for them IMO.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• They're one of the few teams that don't really have any sort of long-term solution at center right now. That's why I think they'd be interested.

Comment

They're one of the few teams that don't really have any sort of long-term solution at center right now. That's why I think they'd be interested.
                  I get it, I just don't see it. Like, they are burying Noel and starting Dirk at C every night. I don't think they are interested in having a long term solution at C right now. Wouldn't you think they'd rather have the cap space anyway, to potentially chase a star (the thing they really lack now) rather than eating it up on a traditional C locked up for several years?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jesus Christ. This ^^ is when maybe it's time to take a couple of days off the boards
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      My god, it was a joke.
                      lmao this is the funniest thing today

For the record, I am in favour of a Bruno for Anthony Davis swap, even though I love Bruno and he's tearing up the G right now. We could throw in Hakeem's contract to make the salaries work.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I get it, I just don't see it. Like, they are burying Noel and starting Dirk at C every night. I don't think they are interested in having a long term solution at C right now. Wouldn't you think they'd rather have the cap space anyway, to potentially chase a star (the thing they really lack now) rather than eating it up on a traditional C locked up for several years?
                        There are some talented bigs near the top of draft boards, where Mavs will pick.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Jesus Christ. This ^^ is when maybe it's time to take a couple of days off the boards
                          I will man. See you guys later.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I will man. See you guys later.

Comment

Your grasp of sarcasm needs work. A lot of work.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Well, you finally broke him. Hope you're all happy with yourselves....

RIP Shaolin.

Comment

Working...
                                X