Fernandez + Pryzbilla + Bayless To TO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandez + Pryzbilla + Bayless To TO

ESPN Trade machine wasn't working but the salaries match. I think.

The trade is Rudy Fernandez (1.2M) + Joel Pryzbilla (7.4M) + Jerryd Bayless (2.3M) for Marcus Banks (4.9M) + Sonny Weems (0.8M) + Jarrett Jack (4.6M).

So for us we get a great shooter, decent defender and an overall pretty good and young player in Rudy. Who can defend the perimeter, which no other raptor can. He can hit shots from everywhere, can dunk. Is fast and pretty good on both sides of the court.
    We also get Pryzbilla who is a great defender and a great rebounder which we need desperately. He is also a pretty good shot blocker and can start allowing us to put Bargs at the 4, but he can also be a bench player and still be incredibly productive.
    Bayless was put in the trade because 1. We need a point guard 2. He is young and will improve and 3. I needed him to even the salaries.

Portland does the trade because they get rid of Rudy who clearly wants to leave. They also get a younger PG in Jack to play behind Andre Miller who is aging... He is faster and better and will help in the fast offence in Portland. Weems sweetens the deal for Portland because he is young and full of potential, and Portland is great at using potential in players and turning them into a good players. Banks is a decent player.

Any ideas? Anything you would want to change? And do you think this trade is possible?

The Blazers don't really get fair value on that deal. I know the Blazers are itching to get rid of Fernandez, but an expiring, a decent PG and a long-shot project might not cut it. I think for a package like that, you're probably looking at DeRozan, Amir and maybe a 2nd for those 3.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      The Blazers don't really get fair value on that deal. I know the Blazers are itching to get rid of Fernandez, but an expiring, a decent PG and a long-shot project might not cut it. I think for a package like that, you're probably looking at DeRozan, Amir and maybe a 2nd for those 3.
      I wouldn't mind including Amir. Because with this trade Pryzbilla can definitely start and Bargs will play at the 4. And he can even switch to the 5 and Davis can play at the 4. We wouldn't need Amir if we get Pryzbilla...

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't mind including Amir. Because with this trade Pryzbilla can definitely start and Bargs will play at the 4. And he can even switch to the 5 and Davis can play at the 4. We wouldn't need Amir if we get Pryzbilla...
        I would rather have AJ than Pryzbilla. Pryzbilla is a great defensive player but he is 30, he won't be ready for the start of the season, he has absolutely no offensive game, and his injury history is horrible.

I do think Amir will get better and his contract will be considered reasonable sooner rather than later. Also, Amir would be a great first or second big off the bench. I am not relying on him for the starting role on the team but a solid role player and energy guy which every team needs to be successful. That would mean acquiring a starting quality centre via trade or next year in free agency.

I would think Bayless and Fernandez are pieces of a bigger move rather than pieces of the Raptors future. Both are talented but both are more 2's than PG's. We have 2 young SG's in DD and Weems.

I do like the core BC/Raps have in place and am excited to see what BC can do with the TPE and extra cap space next summer.

I still think September 13 is the day to watch when Dampier can be moved with other Charlotte players.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I would rather have AJ than Pryzbilla. Pryzbilla is a great defensive player but he is 30, he won't be ready for the start of the season, he has absolutely no offensive game, and his injury history is horrible.

I do think Amir will get better and his contract will be considered reasonable sooner rather than later. Also, Amir would be a great first or second big off the bench. I am not relying on him for the starting role on the team but a solid role player and energy guy which every team needs to be successful. That would mean acquiring a starting quality centre via trade or next year in free agency.

I would think Bayless and Fernandez are pieces of a bigger move rather than pieces of the Raptors future. Both are talented but both are more 2's than PG's. We have 2 young SG's in DD and Weems.

I do like the core BC/Raps have in place and am excited to see what BC can do with the TPE and extra cap space next summer.

I still think September 13 is the day to watch when Dampier can be moved with other Charlotte players.
          I actually really like our current roster, looks exciting and no one really has proven what they can really do... But that said, I take Pryzbilla over AJ any day. Pryzbilla's defence is just to die for, and his rebounding is just great. He is very underrated. Especially now that Colangelo said we aren't gonna tank this year, we get ALOT of talent in this trade. And Bayless can still develop intoa good PG. He's so young, it's still early to judge him...

Comment

Fair enough and it does not seem many of the guards besides Roy have been given much confidence by McMillan and/or his system - unless the players are just whiners which is entirely possible too.

I've got to disagree on Pryzbilla though, sorry. I 100% agree on his ability as a player and his impact WHEN HEALTHY but when you consider his age (30 vs 23), his injury history, and the fact he is currently injured and may not be ready to start the season - I've got to go with Amir.

I think it is really a moot point though because Amir would not be able to be traded until Dec. 15 as he was a free agent.
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Sep 2, 2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Fair enough and it does not seem many of the guards besides Roy have been given much confidence by McMillan and/or his system - unless the players are just whiners which is entirely possible too.

I've got to disagree on Pryzbilla though, sorry. I 100% agree on his ability as a player and his impact WHEN HEALTHY but when you consider his age (30 vs 23), his injury history, and the fact he is currently injured and may not be ready to start the season - I've got to go with Amir.

I think it is really a moot point though because Amir would not be able to be traded until Dec. 15 as he was a free agent.
              Oh right. Forgot about that! AHHA. But anyways, Pryzbilla is an expiring, we can resign him for 2 years next year at vet minimum... But these talks are pointless as you stated. I'll try and find another way to make this work, because Bayless, Fernandez and Pryzbilla would be pretty great additions...

Comment

Not down for either, unless we're getting back an all-star, no need to break up the young gunz. amir will be worth his contract, and weems and dd have to much potential for those scrubs that portland dont even want

Comment

Oh right. Forgot about that! AHHA. But anyways, Pryzbilla is an expiring, we can resign him for 2 years next year at vet minimum... But these talks are pointless as you stated. I'll try and find another way to make this work, because Bayless, Fernandez and Pryzbilla would be pretty great additions...
                  I'm not too sure. Pryzbilla seems like a good guy and has been plagued by many injuries for the last number of seasons. I could see him riding off in to the sunset IF, and a big if, he can't get 100% healthy.

I still think Calderon is the type of PG Portland needs - pass first PG, great shooter. His defensive liabilities are more than compensated with Camby and Oden behind him.

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
                    Not down for either, unless we're getting back an all-star, no need to break up the young gunz. amir will be worth his contract, and weems and dd have to much potential for those scrubs that portland dont even want
                    Fernandez, Bayless and Przybilla are a little more than Scrubs. Fernandez can do EVERYTHING Weems can, but he can actually shoot and play pretty decent defence. And he's also not that much older (he's 24 or 25). Bayless is a young PG and just the kind of player we need to develop... Przybilla is a 7'1 center who averaged 8.4, 8.7 and 7.9 rebounds all in about 23 minutes. But he's currently injured as Matt52 pointed out...

Comment

I'm not too sure. Pryzbilla seems like a good guy and has been plagued by many injuries for the last number of seasons. I could see him riding off in to the sunset IF, and a big if, he can't get 100% healthy.

I still think Calderon is the type of PG Portland needs - pass first PG, great shooter. His defensive liabilities are more than compensated with Camby and Oden behind him.
                      Well to be fair to Przybilla he did play 82 games 2 seasons ago. :P If you put Calderon in the trade, you take out Jack. Then I think it would still work. Just add another player on POR side...

Comment

Well to be fair to Przybilla he did play 82 games 2 seasons ago. :P If you put Calderon in the trade, you take out Jack. Then I think it would still work. Just add another player on POR side...
                        Good point on Przybilla. I neglected/overlooked the good seasons he had. Looked back at his career stats, he has been hit or miss. 82, 77, 76 games along with 22, 31, 56, 43, 30.

Comment

Good point on Przybilla. I neglected/overlooked the good seasons he had. Looked back at his career stats, he has been hit or miss. 82, 77, 76 games along with 22, 31, 56, 43, 30.
                          Yep, gotta risk sometimes... But really, 8.7 rebounds in under 24 minutes is just :O Let's just say every time he played +75 games he averaged 8 rebounds 1.5 blocks in 23 minutes. And when not healthy he averaged... HAHA

Comment

Working...
                          X