Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mo-sales wrote: View Post

I wasn't of this opinion when the raps were trying to make the playoffs this past season, but the East is wide open this year and if they can add a point guard there is no stopping them from going deep into the first round.
    "going deep into the first round" ??

way to shoot for the stars !

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      That can only happen if the team we're trading Turk to has enough cap space to a absorb his contract, or has an appropriate trade exception.
      Orlando?

Comment

Chris paul

LeBron stays and Chris Paul joins him.. via trade

THE END

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
          Yea that is true, but BC is stuck in the old hand style of being a general manager. I fully expect him to try and rebound Bosh's departure with a big name.

I'm also of the opinion that it is better for the young guys to get playoff experience and dabble in mediocrity rather than build a culture of losing and possibly get trapped in a perennially lottery bound 30 year rebuild like the Clippers.

I wasn't of this opinion when the raps were trying to make the playoffs this past season, but the East is wide open this year and if they can add a point guard there is no stopping them from going deep into the first round.

You think its a coincidence that the best GM in the league, Sam Presti didn't go after any free agents and quietly resigned the soon to be best player in the game.
          The only purpose of cap space should be to resign your own players and take on other teams bad contracts in return for picks and young talent. When Presti got Kurt Thomas and two numbers ones from Phoenix, it signaled to me the end of an era and the dawn of a new phase of basketball and any team that used it cap space to sign guys not named Wade or Bron are sadly still using the obsolete model.
          If Colangelo ends up getting a big name player with a big salary with the exception, I'll be extremely disappointed. I understand not wanting to have a losing culture, but the problem the Raptors have is they have so good young talent, but no great young talent. They need to get a high lottery pick next year and a shot at a potential top 10 player if they want to be anything but a mediocre team for the long term.

Mediocrity is far, far worse than a season or two in the lottery without the right players. I like the Raptors young guys, but they simply don't have the pieces to be anything but a mediocre team without a true elite talent.

The Clippers were a team mismanaged and they drafted badly, which is why they have been bad for so long. Same with Golden State or most teams that have been perennial lottery teams.

Either you have the confidence you're a good enough GM to be able to rebuild the right way and do it fairly quickly (2-3 years) or you simply don't have confidence in your abilities, and that's not a good sign.

And I like what Sam Presti has done in Oklahoma, and that is the model Colangelo should be using, but let's not canonize the guy just yet. So far, his team hasn't made it past the second round and if he hadn't lucked out and grabbed Durant, they wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are now. Let's see what Presti over the next 2 or 3 years. Right now, RC Buford has to be the guy with the best GM title.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yeah. I agree with that sentiment (the Tim W sentiment). I would say we should look to the Indiana Pacers as the team we should avoid being. Never terrible, never great leaves them always in the middle of the draft. I will never, ever argue for tanking or losing to get a higher draft pick, but you also - if you want to develop your young talent - have to play your young talent and let them get you the best they can. If that means you end up as at the bottom, at least you're not there with a team of veterans. You pick yourself up, get better in the offseason, and hit her again.

You need to build your team that way, or build one you think can win a championship, if not now, then at some point. No sense in building a team that you know will never take you past the first or second round at best. Championship or nothing - now or in the future. That's the way all GM's and all players have to look at it.

And, most importantly, you have to believe the players you've assembled can take you there. Otherwise it's all just a waste of time.
            Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Thu Jul 8, 2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Right now, RC Buford has to be the guy with the best GM title.
              Definitely, he has shown ability year after year. Toronto fans would probably hate him as a GM here though, because you know he'll be drafting Euros (and other international players) left and right.

Comment

I FEEL SAD FOR ONE PERSON WHO IS UP among the MEGASTAR: DWIGHT HOWARD

NO ATTENTION... he's much better then BOSH no doubt. NOTHING FOR HIM...

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  Riley wasn't the coach. Being around Larry Brown day by day should be a positive thing for him.
                  I know Riley wasn't the coach, but he tried to "school" him frequently. (And someone like Pat Riley wouldn't like a bust at #2 on his resume ) I agree though that if anyone can bring out Beasley's potential it would be Larry Brown.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                    "going deep into the first round" ??

way to shoot for the stars !
                    Haha...That was pretty funny. Expectations have fallen big time, I was hoping to see a playoff series win the year after we lost to the Nets and maybe a conference finals appearance a couple years after that. Instead we got crushed by Orlando and missed the playoffs twice. Talk about bursting a bubble.

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
                      Orlando?
                      The TPE Orlando gained in the Turkoglu trade expires tomorrow. Doesn't really matter though, because they have enough spare parts that a trade with them would see players being exchanged.

Comment

I know Riley wasn't the coach, but he tried to "school" him frequently. (And someone like Pat Riley wouldn't like a bust at #2 on his resume ) I agree though that if anyone can bring out Beasley's potential it would be Larry Brown.
                        Yeah, I'm sure Riley tried his best. But 'frequently' wasn't frequently enough apparently. The daily message of a coach who knows how to deal with him will help, but who can say if Larry Brown can do that. He probably has a good a chance as anyone though.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

It sounds like if Toronto doesn't do a S&T it's out of principle and spite.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I had mentioned this yesterday but...

If its worth 5 cents on the dollar - they should NOT do it out of principle. #### Bosh. #### Miami having to deal with a premadonna (as RIley, I'm sure, nudge nudge wink winked Bosh saying we'll handle it and get you your max. deal - let him handle an unhappy camper).

If its worth more, say for 25% on the dollar....yeah...take the deal.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Well, you know, if you are gonna ruin a franchise, you might as well do it for spite.

That's what I think, anyway.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                Yeah. I agree with that sentiment (the Tim W sentiment). I would say we should look to the Indiana Pacers as the team we should avoid being. Never terrible, never great leaves them always in the middle of the draft. I will never, ever argue for tanking or losing to get a higher draft pick, but you also - if you want to develop your young talent - have to play your young talent and let them get you the best they can. If that means you end up as at the bottom, at least you're not there with a team of veterans. You pick yourself up, get better in the offseason, and hit her again.

You need to build your team that way, or build one you think can win a championship, if not now, then at some point. No sense in building a team that you know will never take you past the first or second round at best. Championship or nothing - now or in the future. That's the way all GM's and all players have to look at it.

And, most importantly, you have to believe the players you've assembled can take you there. Otherwise it's all just a waste of time.
                                I actually think that Indiana lucked out by all the injuries they had last year. Without the injuries, they might very well have made the playoffs, or at least would have been in contention for them, giving them a lower draft pick. As it is, they ended up getting a potential star, in Paul George. Still, I completely agree with your assessment. Larry Bird has been a fittingly mediocre GM who has always looked for the safe route, like drafting Tyler Hansborough instead of players with a little more potential. I was actually surprised about the George pick because it goes against what Indiana usually does. Cole Aldirich, Xavier Henry or even Patrick Patterson would have been "safer" picks.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X