• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    awww yeah. dick it up!
    drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    aww yeah. every last inch counts!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Is there a reason why MU hasn't brought Oden for a workout? I'm hearing many a report that he is meeting with other teams. I thought he was just looking to sign with a contender, which would leave us out, but I'm hearing he is meeting with Sacramento and NOLA. Why not give him a look? I think if a team can manage his minutes effectively he could be a big help. Coming off the bench for Val might be what he needs to resurface.

Comment

• Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
        Is there a reason why MU hasn't brought Oden for a workout?
        Because Oden is going to command a couple million at least and we can't afford him without using the bi-annual exception, and it looks like Masai's saving that?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Because Oden is going to command a couple million at least and we can't afford him without using the bi-annual exception, and it looks like Masai's saving that?
          How does Oden have the ability to command anything?... Do you have any reports of any team reports of what his years/cash are? Either way, bringing him for a sit down doesn't cost anything.

Comment

How does Oden have the ability to command anything?... Do you have any reports of any team reports of what his years/cash are? Either way, bringing him for a sit down doesn't cost anything.
            Per Marc Stein, he's meeting with 3 teams during Summer League: Mavs, Pelicans and Kings. The Spurs and Heat have also been involved.

Heat money-wise:

While the Heat still retain their $3.2 million taxpayer mid-level exception, they would appear unlikely to be willing to offer that sum considering that they convinced backup center Chris Andersen to return last week for 2013-14 at just over half that total.

According to a Hoopsworld.com report, Oden is seeking a multiyear contract, as well as a situation where he could immediately move into a rotation role if healthy enough.

The Heat would appear unlikely, given their precarious luxury-tax position, to offer such a multiyear contract. In addition, the Heat already have Chris Bosh, Andersen and Udonis Haslem in their power rotation, with centers Joel Anthony and Jarvis Varnado also on their roster and LeBron James often cast at power forward.
            http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,2827406.story

I'm not sure whether the Heat could give him a rotation role immediately... he may have to wait it out, or see how he fares compared to Andersen.
            Last edited by isaacthompson; Mon Jul 15, 2013, 09:07 PM.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I doubt he has to take the minimum. Teams will be jockeying for his next contract. They dont care about these first 2 "see if he is healthy" they want to be the team that gave him a shot so if he is healthy they can max him.

Every single time oden played he excelled. Has the tools to be hands down the best defensive center in the league. Best rebounder. Teams are gambling on his ability to continue after this trail period and the money they toss him will be well spent if it plays out.

Oden is a fantastic player. If okc won that lottery then portland would have durant.

Comment

• So, it's 9pm on July 15th. Do you know where your point guard is? Funny that there hasn't been any mention of a Lowry signing. Maybe it's just considered routine business. Still. Crickets.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  So, it's 9pm on July 15th. Do you know where your point guard is? Funny that there hasn't been any mention of a Lowry signing. Maybe it's just considered routine business. Still. Crickets.
                  No need to.

Only an announcement if you DON'T pick up the option.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    No need to.

On lowry, we have between now and opening night to extend him right? If that is what we want to do.

Comment

• isn't tomorrow the deadline to use the amnesty?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        On lowry, we have between now and opening night to extend him right? If that is what we want to do.
                        I believe, yes.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          No need to.

gotcha thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X