This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Take it easy now, nobody is picking on you...Raptors fans these days...jeez I could say the same thing
    You're just another fan who cries hater whenever someone has an negative opinion of a player. That's like saying I don't like how Nash is old and doesn't play defense which automatically makes me a Steve Nash hater. You can't contribute to the conversation so you have to pull the "hater" card. That's just sad...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      You're just another fan who cries hater whenever someone has an negative opinion of a player. That's like saying I don't like how Nash is old and doesn't play defense which automatically makes me a Steve Nash hater. You can't contribute to the conversation so you have to pull the "hater" card. That's just sad...
      Lol actually, that was the first time. But I'll be sure to use it more often from now on if it means upsetting you that much...

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Lol actually, that was the first time. But I'll be sure to use it more often from now on if it means upsetting you that much...
        That's great. What has RR become? Now that this site has gained more popularity and posters, we now have more immature posters who contribute nothing to the thread. Alas, this is the internet after all. Shake my head...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

That's great. What has RR become? Now that this site has gained more popularity and posters, we now have more immature posters who contribute nothing to the thread. Alas, this is the internet after all. Shake my head...

This forum is not nearly as bad as others. As has been pointed out. So don't get your hopes up that there's a better one out there...
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            This forum is not nearly as bad as others. As has been pointed out. So don't get your hopes up that there's a better one out there...
            That's true! You're right. RR is just about the best Raptors forums out there. Can't really ask for more I guess

Comment

We're becoming realgm really fast last couple of months. True, won't really find a better one, but it isn't getting any better here.

Comment

That's true! You're right. RR is just about the best Raptors forums out there. Can't really ask for more I guess
                RR is one of the best forums. As far as keeping it respectable. No spam or trolls. Just good conversation about basketball among other things.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  We're becoming realgm really fast last couple of months. True, won't really find a better one, but it isn't getting any better here.
                  BLASPHEMY!

*gives Soft Euro a one week ban*

Comment

I'll be sure not to use the word 'hate' on here any more if it eases your conscience...the non-supporters of Demar Derozan...how's that? lol...what a non-issue

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                      BLASPHEMY!

*gives Soft Euro a one week ban*
                      Sorry Doc, but just look at threads like this one and how they end up in complete bs and that's just one of many lately. For god's sake, the discussions between multipaul and Timbo were better. A bit of it is fun, but it's gotten out of hand (in my opion of course). And then we have the discussions by insult and topping it off people who think it's cool to have JV's head on Norton's Nazi-tattooed body as their avator. Seriously.
                      Last edited by Soft Euro; Sun Aug 4, 2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        Sorry Doc, but just look at threads like this one and how they end up in complete bs and that's just one of many lately. For god's sake, the discussions between multipaul and Timbo were better. A bit of it is fun, but it's gotten out of hand (in my opion of course). And then we have the discussions by insult and topping it off people who think it's cool to have JV's head on Norton's Nazi-tattooed body as their avator. Seriously.
                        Hahaha. You think Norton liked having a swastika tattoed on him? I doubt it. But it was a movie. It's just a movie. A character. That's it. Putting JV's head is a joke. No need to look anymore deeply into it. There's much worse pictures..

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                          Hahaha. You think Norton liked having a swastika tattoed on him? I doubt it. But it was a movie. It's just a movie. A character. That's it. Putting JV's head is a joke. No need to look anymore deeply into it. There's much worse pictures..
                          It is a joke. And I don't think anyone's arguing the right for someone to do it. But just because it's a joke, doesn't mean it's not in bad taste, intended or not.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            It is a joke. And I don't think anyone's arguing the right for someone to do it. But just because it's a joke, doesn't mean it's not in bad taste, intended or not.
                            I saw a show or movie. I think it was a rom com with Katherine Heigl for some reason, not sure..anyways, there's this fat chick on a bus with corn rows and she makes a joke that her boyfriend or somebody likes it and thinks she looks like Ed Norton from American History X.

It's a joke. It's been done before. I get that it's of a neo nazi character and that's where the humour is. If it was of some regular Joe character it wouldn't be funny, now would it?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                              I saw a show or movie. I think it was a rom com with Katherine Heigl for some reason, not sure..anyways, there's this fat chick on a bus with corn rows and she makes a joke that her boyfriend or somebody likes it and thinks she looks like Ed Norton from American History X.

It's a joke. It's been done before. I get that it's of a neo nazi character and that's where the humour is. If it was of some regular Joe character it wouldn't be funny, now would it?
                              But that's also exactly why it's not funny. I'm not offended if someone thinks it's funny, and I'm not outraged about it in any way, but I just can't find much, if any, humour in it. It definitely won't be funny to a fair amount of people, and it will also be downright offensive to some, in the worst kind of way.

I think if you could think of a comparison to another recognizable and memorable character, it could also be funny, whether that character was still some hateful SOB, or a heroic character, or just some nut from a comedy or something. Most of hte humour is in recognizing the character because he's from a movie, not because he's a nazi. THat will always have some shock value to some, but also if you pasted JV's head on Adolf Hitler's body, I'm sure you'd lose some of the fans of the Ed Norton association. The fact that it's from a movie kind of helps to filter out that it's an absolutely awful association to make in reality.

Comment

• People make Hitler jokes all the time. I saw a gif the other day that said something to the effect "don't be brought down by the ones you hate. Destroy them." And there's a picture of hitler and a text bubble that says "yup. Lol"

I nearly spit my milk everywhere. Its the shock value that adds to the humour.

Instead of getting offended. Take a joke as it is intended and laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X